CSNbbs
ESPiN clown show - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: ESPiN clown show (/thread-840723.html)

Pages: 1 2

ESPiN clown show - payday - 01-21-2018 01:29 PM

Gary Parrish put out his daily Top 25-1 today.

Ok, Tex Tech, and WSU each had 2 losses this week to unranked opponents. Really The bottom of B12. And he does this...

Ok from #4-11
TT from #8-12
WSU from #9-20

Let’s see if coaches and AP do likewise

Btw. After unranked St Mary’s beat #13 Gonzaga...he moved St Mary’s to 13 and Gonzaga to 14. Gonzaga is their only win.

RE: ESPiN clown show - thespiritof1976 - 01-21-2018 01:32 PM

ESPN sucks and the fact that one network holds that much power is proof of an unlawful monopoly.

RE: ESPiN clown show - HuskyU - 01-21-2018 01:33 PM

Isn't Gary Parrish with CBS Sports?

RE: ESPiN clown show - payday - 01-21-2018 01:38 PM

(01-21-2018 01:33 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  Isn't Gary Parrish with CBS Sports?

My bad. Yes.

RE: ESPiN clown show - mlb - 01-21-2018 01:39 PM

It really doesn't matter. The people who out the bracket together never go with the polls anyway. That's why a top 10 WSU got an 8 seed a few years back.

RE: ESPiN clown show - payday - 01-21-2018 01:39 PM

Although honestly...the only differentiation is the alphabet.

RE: ESPiN clown show - Moody Magic - 01-21-2018 01:45 PM

(01-21-2018 01:32 PM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  ESPN sucks and the fact that one network holds that much power is proof of an unlawful monopoly.

I don’t get the ESPN hate. ESPN has certainly had its missteps of late but the network has been VERY good to this conference. Of the G5, the AAC by far get the most national exposure. ESPN is a big reason for that.

RE: ESPiN clown show - payday - 01-21-2018 01:45 PM

The thing about Parrish, he bases everything on Kenpom wins/losses...and makes the statistical breaks on whatever suits his narrative. He finally move Cincy to #10 from his normal 13-15 even though their ranked Kenpom #6 right now and has been #7 the past couple weeks.

It doesn’t matter to him where you rank, only how he can fudge the numbers of who you beat or lost to.

RE: ESPiN clown show - HuskyU - 01-21-2018 01:55 PM

(01-21-2018 01:45 PM)Moody Magic Wrote:  
(01-21-2018 01:32 PM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  ESPN sucks and the fact that one network holds that much power is proof of an unlawful monopoly.

I don’t get the ESPN hate. ESPN has certainly had its missteps of late but the network has been VERY good to this conference. Of the G5, the AAC by far get the most national exposure. ESPN is a big reason for that.

[Image: you-remember-actual-lives.gif]

03-lmfao Good luck finding a UCONN fan that agrees with you here.

RE: ESPiN clown show - Coog Engineer - 01-21-2018 01:56 PM

I chuckle at the notion ESPNNWS or ESPNU is "national exposure". Those obscure channels of theirs require you to be subscribed to "Top 300" type packages which people are ditching.

RE: ESPiN clown show - DefCONNOne - 01-21-2018 01:57 PM

I'm not surprised by this. You had to have lived through the dissintegration of the oBE to truly know the evil that is ESPN. Since you didn't, it's no surprise you think of them as some benevolent entity.

Also do you know why the AAC gets all of this great national exposure? Because they're contractually obligated to do so, that's why. It's adorable you think they're doing this out of the goodness of their hearts.

RE: ESPiN clown show - bearcatmark - 01-21-2018 02:04 PM

Parish is fine. Puts a lot of thought into his rankings. Really looks at what a team does on the court. I can quibble with every voter poll, but he takes the job seriously and does as good a job as anyone.

RE: ESPiN clown show - payday - 01-21-2018 02:08 PM

I disagree. He’s got obvious biases that have always frustrated me.

RE: ESPiN clown show - HuskyU - 01-21-2018 02:09 PM

(01-21-2018 02:04 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Parish is fine. Puts a lot of thought into his rankings. Really looks at what a team does on the court. I can quibble with every voter poll, but he takes the job seriously and does as good a job as anyone.

That St Mary's ranking is suspect. Perhaps he's like most of the country and isn't awake for West Coast games?

RE: ESPiN clown show - Tiger1983 - 01-21-2018 02:12 PM

Parrish is foremost now an entertainer. He sometime has good information, but I do not take him seriously.

RE: ESPiN clown show - Downtown Shocker Brown - 01-21-2018 02:13 PM

(01-21-2018 01:57 PM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  

I'm not surprised by this. You had to have lived through the dissintegration of the oBE to truly know the evil that is ESPN. Since you didn't, it's no surprise you think of them as some benevolent entity.

Also do you know why the AAC gets all of this great national exposure? Because they're contractually obligated to do so, that's why. It's adorable you think they're doing this out of the goodness of their hearts.

ESPN was rocking when it was a sports outlet. Once it got invested in certain leagues and not others, the bias started to hurt the brand. They have priced themselves out of profitability, tarnished in part by the oBE, and are bleeding badly. College Sports bubble is a concern to many, as what happens to these student athletes, bonds used to build stadiums based on future TV revenue, and other expenses associated with the building and upgrading of facilities.

The oBE was ESPN’s guinea pig, the screwed the BBall only schools, then didnt really learn anything.

RE: ESPiN clown show - pvtlamb - 01-21-2018 02:13 PM

I agree. Parrish is fine and has always been respectful and complimentary of WSU. His polls primarily based on resume and while Texas Tech did lose two, they have wins @KU and vs. West Virginia.

I highly recommend the podcast he does with Matt Norlander, "Eye one College Basketball." They do it 3,4x a week.

WSU will certainly be discussed and I will be interested to see what he says.

RE: ESPiN clown show - Moody Magic - 01-21-2018 02:14 PM

Does it matter why they do it? Fact is they do. And yes, I’m very aware of how poorly managed the company is/was, which started at the top by a coke head leader.

RE: ESPiN clown show - payday - 01-21-2018 02:16 PM

Now that WSU is a “just above” middling AAC team...expect a lot less glitter.

RE: ESPiN clown show - DefCONNOne - 01-21-2018 02:22 PM

(01-21-2018 02:14 PM)Moody Magic Wrote:  

Does it matter why they do it? Fact is they do. And yes, I’m very aware of how poorly managed the company is/was, which started at the top by a coke head leader.

Yes it matters! It matters very much!! They aren't doing this because they want to, which is what you're saying. No, they're doing this because they have to, contractually. which is what I and others are saying.