CSNbbs
Tacko out for the remainder of the season - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Tacko out for the remainder of the season (/thread-840655.html)

Pages: 1 2

Tacko out for the remainder of the season - SublimeKnight - 01-20-2018 01:19 PM

That should put a nice bow on this season of letdowns. When is spring football?

RE: Tacko out for the remainder of the season - geef - 01-20-2018 01:22 PM

(01-20-2018 01:19 PM)SublimeKnight Wrote:  That should put a nice bow on this season of letdowns. When is spring football?

Crap. Really hate to see this, both for a good kid and for UCF.

RE: Tacko out for the remainder of the season - cretv - 01-20-2018 01:22 PM

So arguably, the top player (G BJ Taylor) comes back the last game, and now the second best is out for the season. Add on the third best is already out for the season due to a shoulder injury as well. Why so many injuries?

RE: Tacko out for the remainder of the season - HuskyU - 01-20-2018 01:24 PM

Wow. Maybe no NIT now.

RE: Tacko out for the remainder of the season - Lush - 01-20-2018 01:25 PM

jesus. sorry man. always looked forward to how we were going to play him. gary's gotta be dpoy now, foshizzle

RE: Tacko out for the remainder of the season - Bearcats#1 - 01-20-2018 01:26 PM

well that's terrible....you guys can't catch a break

RE: Tacko out for the remainder of the season - NothingButKnight - 01-20-2018 01:28 PM

One natty is enough for me, I suppose.

In all seriousness, hate to see it. We had a decent shot at making the tourney this season, but we dont have the depth to handle this many injuries to our best players. Hope his recovery goes well.

RE: Tacko out for the remainder of the season - Bearcats#1 - 01-20-2018 01:31 PM

There could be an upside to this...

honestly, Tacko doesn't do a lot for you on offense and just kind of stands there and takes up space. I think your coach tries to run too much through/around him and it stifles your offense a lot. In fact I think its safe to say Fall is a detriment to your offense, a lot.

Tacko not being out there may force your coach to go back to the drawing board and you guys may actually score more.

Just sayin'

Obviously not happy for you that a player is gone. This is more of a 'silver lining' observation...

RE: Tacko out for the remainder of the season - HuskyU - 01-20-2018 01:32 PM

So now what are the odds of him returning to UCF next year?

RE: Tacko out for the remainder of the season - Tiger1983 - 01-20-2018 01:38 PM

I am saddened to read about Fall’s injury and hope he has a quick and smooth recovery.

RE: Tacko out for the remainder of the season - ShockerFever - 01-20-2018 02:03 PM

I was really forward to watching this guy play on Wednesday.

Really sucks.

RE: Tacko out for the remainder of the season - FTUKNIGHT74 - 01-20-2018 02:09 PM

(01-20-2018 01:31 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  There could be an upside to this...

honestly, Tacko doesn't do a lot for you on offense and just kind of stands there and takes up space. I think your coach tries to run too much through/around him and it stifles your offense a lot. In fact I think its safe to say Fall is a detriment to your offense, a lot.

Tacko not being out there may force your coach to go back to the drawing board and you guys may actually score more.

Just sayin'

Obviously not happy for you that a player is gone. This is more of a 'silver lining' observation...

Even if we score a little more, we won't be a better overall team. After the Cincinnati game, my friend and I were talking about regression in his game – this likely had something to do with that since he has been battling the injury all year.

RE: Tacko out for the remainder of the season - SadderBudweiser - 01-20-2018 02:14 PM

Oh no. Terrible news. The whole conference takes a hit here.
...and still waiting for Jarrey Foster’s diagnosis at SMU.

RE: Tacko out for the remainder of the season - BrooklynRocket - 01-20-2018 02:21 PM

Would've been fun to see UCF at 100% full strength this season. They should return everyone except AJ Davis next season, right?

RE: Tacko out for the remainder of the season - rath v2.0 - 01-20-2018 02:26 PM

(01-20-2018 02:09 PM)FTUKNIGHT74 Wrote:  
(01-20-2018 01:31 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  There could be an upside to this...

Just sayin'

Even if we score a little more, we won't be a better overall team. After the Cincinnati game, my friend and I were talking about regression in his game – this likely had something to do with that since he has been battling the injury all year.

From an outsider’s perspective, you guys don’t run much offense when he’s on the floor. He stands still and clogs one side of the lane until a shot goes up and the guards move around the perimeter with the ball looking to him but rarely feed him.

Him being gone will hurt rebounding but if Dawkins has any coaching chops your offensive efficiency could improve quite a bit.

RE: Tacko out for the remainder of the season - rosewater - 01-20-2018 02:26 PM

I would rather face BJ than TAco. Taco majorly disrupts our offense.

RE: Tacko out for the remainder of the season - CincyBro - 01-20-2018 02:27 PM

Tough break.

RE: Tacko out for the remainder of the season - SublimeKnight - 01-20-2018 02:33 PM

(01-20-2018 02:26 PM)rosewater Wrote:  I would rather face BJ than TAco. Taco majorly disrupts our offense.

Apparently the injury was the reason Tacko was out down the final stretch of the game.
First Dawkins, then BJ, now Tacko. I guess Basketball is paying the price for the luck the football team had avoiding injuries.

RE: Tacko out for the remainder of the season - SadderBudweiser - 01-20-2018 02:41 PM

This changes the conference picture a lot.

From SMU’s perspective: they beat UCF “with” in Dallas.
Now they will face UCF “without” in Orlando.

Suddenly a road game in Orlando takes on a different meaning.

RE: Tacko out for the remainder of the season - Lush - 01-20-2018 03:08 PM

set the stage for next year, as i assume he's done playing for ucf