CSNbbs
Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? (/thread-840024.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - the_blazerman - 01-15-2018 11:59 AM

Would have made the experience a little better to watch it via antenna had I known.

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - blazerjay - 01-15-2018 01:34 PM

(01-13-2018 03:07 PM)UABfan1 Wrote:  
(01-13-2018 02:58 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  If you're in birmingham, Bartow Arena is the best way to watch the game :)

The obstacles are great. Its COLD. B'ham isn't all that safe. The "order fee" when buying a season ticket or even a 6 pack dissuades me.
I remember when exhibition games were free. When there were no "order fees".
And when ticket prices were far more reasonable given the competition being played.

UAB basketball tickets are not a good value given all the above.

I am not the only one voting with my feet.

For students, its free and they get free food too. A lot harder to say no if you are a student.

Sounds to me that you are just looking for excuses not to attend. It's warm inside Bartow and the UAB area isn't all that dangerous.

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - UABslant - 01-15-2018 01:37 PM

Roku box for me... I pay for SlingTV and its Sports package. It has 3 Stadium channels listed, but none had the LA Tech game. I switched over to Pluto and found it immediately.

Cord-cutting has it's drawbacks, but the $70+/month I save pays for my UAB football and basketball season tickets.

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - the_blazerman - 01-15-2018 03:26 PM

Doing the sling blue package here. No need for the orange (ESPN) one.

$30 for blue + some other packages from sling.

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - 58-56 - 01-15-2018 03:31 PM

If the game were on Pluto, I would go there to see the Blazers. Even though it's much colder than Birmingham. Even though it's much less safe than Birmingham (what with the ice pirates and the unipeds and all). Even though Pluto was expelled from the P8.

Hell, I've been to Troy to see the Blazers. Pluto's got to be a way better trip.

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - LairDweller - 01-15-2018 05:12 PM

(01-15-2018 03:31 PM)58-56 Wrote:  If the game were on Pluto, I would go there to see the Blazers. Even though it's much colder than Birmingham. Even though it's much less safe than Birmingham (what with the ice pirates and the unipeds and all). Even though Pluto was expelled from the P8.

Hell, I've been to Troy to see the Blazers. Pluto's got to be a way better trip.

03-lmfao

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 01-16-2018 02:55 AM

(01-15-2018 03:31 PM)58-56 Wrote:  If the game were on Pluto, I would go there to see the Blazers. Even though it's much colder than Birmingham. Even though it's much less safe than Birmingham (what with the ice pirates and the unipeds and all). Even though Pluto was expelled from the P8.

By this time, you may be able to get the UAB games on the Voyager One or Voyager Two webcam on Pluto.

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - blazerjay - 01-16-2018 09:45 AM

Post of the Year nomination.

RE: Todays game on Stadium. Will it be on Pluto too? - UABfan1 - 01-16-2018 12:07 PM

(01-15-2018 01:34 PM)blazerjay Wrote:  
(01-13-2018 03:07 PM)UABfan1 Wrote:  
(01-13-2018 02:58 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  If you're in birmingham, Bartow Arena is the best way to watch the game :)

The obstacles are great. Its COLD. B'ham isn't all that safe. The "order fee" when buying a season ticket or even a 6 pack dissuades me.
I remember when exhibition games were free. When there were no "order fees".
And when ticket prices were far more reasonable given the competition being played.

UAB basketball tickets are not a good value given all the above.

I am not the only one voting with my feet.

For students, its free and they get free food too. A lot harder to say no if you are a student.

Sounds to me that you are just looking for excuses not to attend. It's warm inside Bartow and the UAB area isn't all that dangerous.

Maybe. But if a die hard fan like me can find reasons, its clear why overall attendance is down.

I expected to attend for the rest of my life. Then they sold my seat to someone else.
Then they refused to make up for their screw up. So I skipped a year and they called & offered a comparable seat which I took. Only to find out the view was obstructed by the camera. (They assured me it was not)

So yeah, everything added up and this year was the 2nd year in history for me not to come to the games.

And despite all that, I was going to buy a cheap season ticket anyway, But the order charge got in the way. And then the order charge for the 6 pack too.

If all these things combine to keep me away, its no wonder the casual fans stay away. The athletic department is out of touch with the market.

Perhaps they could get with a marketing professor and have a class evaluate where they are going wrong. Or they could just remain in denial. Because they get regular raises & promotions anyway.