CSNbbs
Definitely some positives - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: Definitely some positives (/thread-839253.html)

Definitely some positives - mjs - 01-04-2018 09:40 PM

Chris Bankston will be a player- 8 points, 9 rebounds

Lottie had 10 points

Reedus had 19 points

2 freshman and a junior transfer. All played less than 20 minutes.

Everyone who played will be back next year. If we can finish anywhere near .500 in the league, the future will look bright.

If Andre can learn to finish at the rim, we would have been right there at the end.

RE: Definitely some positives - MICHAELSPAPPY - 01-04-2018 09:59 PM

Andre just can't make shots right now. Good rebounder, tons of speed, but no touch.

RE: Definitely some positives - MICHAELSPAPPY - 01-04-2018 10:05 PM

I didn't see the game, but the foul count sounded pretty fishy to me.

RE: Definitely some positives - PTJR - 01-04-2018 10:05 PM

(01-04-2018 09:59 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  Andre just can't make shots right now. Good rebounder, tons of speed, but no touch.

For a team that hasn't shot the 3 very well all year, they actually did reasonably well in that department tonight.

RE: Definitely some positives - MICHAELSPAPPY - 01-04-2018 10:34 PM

Well, Red Wolves lost to Ga Southern by 31, so at least we stayed closer than they did.

RE: Definitely some positives - TrojanTeen2 - 01-04-2018 11:37 PM

Actually enjoyed the game tonight, it was competitive till the last two minutes. The addition of Bankston and Pippins into the rotation is bringing positives. We did shoot some questionable shots but that’s expected with the young roster. I have some hope for improvement. Flanigan is starting to look more like a coach by the way he’s reacting to situations.

RE: Definitely some positives - MICHAELSPAPPY - 01-05-2018 08:46 AM

Wes just needs to put the players on the court who are actually producing (not those who are only showing potential, if you get my drift), and hold the players accountable to do what he tells them.

RE: Definitely some positives - mjs - 01-05-2018 10:24 AM

(01-04-2018 11:37 PM)TrojanTeen2 Wrote:  Actually enjoyed the game tonight, it was competitive till the last two minutes. The addition of Bankston and Pippins into the rotation is bringing positives. We did shoot some questionable shots but that’s expected with the young roster. I have some hope for improvement. Flanigan is starting to look more like a coach by the way he’s reacting to situations.

I agree. Georgia State is talented and Hunter is a good coach. We hung in until the end, and might have had a chance for the upset if we finished a few more shots at the rim. A coach can't do much about missing lay-ups or put-backs.

RE: Definitely some positives - MICHAELSPAPPY - 01-05-2018 12:45 PM

We are getting better. Not sure what our ceiling is this year, but hopefully we are not there yet.