CSNbbs
MTSU went thru 9 years of mediocrity under Davis - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: MTSU went thru 9 years of mediocrity under Davis (/thread-838736.html)

MTSU went thru 9 years of mediocrity under Davis - UABfan1 - 12-30-2017 08:02 PM

Only then did he start doing well.

Most schools would not have that kind of patience.

Also, he had some NCAA issues at A&M.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kermit_Davis

RE: MTSU went thru 9 years of mediocrity under Davis - Memphis Blazer - 12-30-2017 08:33 PM

Success breeds success. Proof that fans need to be patient.

RE: MTSU went thru 9 years of mediocrity under Davis - UABfan1 - 12-30-2017 08:36 PM

(12-30-2017 08:33 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Success breeds success. Proof that fans need to be patient.

I have it, but not 9 years worth.

RE: MTSU went thru 9 years of mediocrity under Davis - grendelson138 - 12-31-2017 02:20 PM

We had six mediocre years under Davis...so we have something in common.

RE: MTSU went thru 9 years of mediocrity under Davis - UABFRENCHY - 12-31-2017 02:25 PM

we need to give him 2 more years of recruiting

RE: MTSU went thru 9 years of mediocrity under Davis - ATTALLABLAZE - 12-31-2017 04:22 PM

I don’t think we will have to wait 9 years. Still plenty of meat on the bone this season.

RE: MTSU went thru 9 years of mediocrity under Davis - UABfan1 - 12-31-2017 11:56 PM

This post was NOT saying we should fire Ehsan. He will get 4-5 years so its not even worth discussing.

I recall before we hired Ehsan that we might have been interested in Davis and I was not sure how I felt about it.
I don't know if we were interested in him or not or if we talked to him or not but it would not have been public if we had.

Along those lines, you have to wonder if we talked to slick rick. Again, I did not hear anything about that but it would have been reasonable to consider. (I didn't really want him because of his well known years of cheating and his poor later years despite the cheating)

But there were not any reasonable names mentioned. Person, i don't think was a serious candidate. And the nba player was a joke candidate. I don't know who our runner ups were. But, after last year and this year so far, Im wondering if we might have been better off with Davis or even Stansbury?

I did not envision our terrible year last year and the 0-3 this year was not good either. I thought Rob would have a shorter learning curve I guess.