CSNbbs
UAB vs. Ohio: Bahamas Bowl Preview, Analysis and Prediction - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: UAB vs. Ohio: Bahamas Bowl Preview, Analysis and Prediction (/thread-837599.html)

UAB vs. Ohio: Bahamas Bowl Preview, Analysis and Prediction - BlazerGold09 - 12-18-2017 01:32 PM

https://thedailydragon.com/2017/12/18/uab-vs-ohio-bahamas-bowl-preview-analysis-and-prediction/

RE: UAB vs. Ohio: Bahamas Bowl Preview, Analysis and Prediction - biglizard - 12-18-2017 02:10 PM

I actually don't think it will be that close. Our DBs can play on an island better than most and we can commit more to the run. If we make them one dimensional I foresee a lot of 3 and outs. We are just diversified enough on offense to make it really hard on a defense.

RE: UAB vs. Ohio: Bahamas Bowl Preview, Analysis and Prediction - TroyFootball05 - 12-18-2017 03:12 PM

I think you guys will beat them pretty soundly. Go check the MAC and Ohio's bowl records the last five or six years.

RE: UAB vs. Ohio: Bahamas Bowl Preview, Analysis and Prediction - BlazerGold09 - 12-18-2017 03:18 PM

(12-18-2017 02:10 PM)biglizard Wrote:  I actually don't think it will be that close. Our DBs can play on an island better than most and we can commit more to the run. If we make them one dimensional I foresee a lot of 3 and outs. We are just diversified enough on offense to make it really hard on a defense.

If we contain their dual threat QB like we did UTSA's in the first half we should be fine.

RE: UAB vs. Ohio: Bahamas Bowl Preview, Analysis and Prediction - ATTALLABLAZE - 12-18-2017 04:28 PM

Just win by one or one hundred.

RE: UAB vs. Ohio: Bahamas Bowl Preview, Analysis and Prediction - BlazinBham - 12-18-2017 04:45 PM

Yeah, I’d be happy with a one point win.

If our offense shows up, I think we’ll be in good shape. From what I could tell, they got on the bus leaving from the facility today.

RE: UAB vs. Ohio: Bahamas Bowl Preview, Analysis and Prediction - UAB Band Dad - 12-18-2017 07:28 PM

Here's another pregamer.

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/12/ohio-vs-uab-bahamas-bowl-prediction-game-preview

RE: UAB vs. Ohio: Bahamas Bowl Preview, Analysis and Prediction - BlazerGold09 - 12-18-2017 07:55 PM

(12-18-2017 04:28 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Just win by one or one hundred.

Cosign

RE: UAB vs. Ohio: Bahamas Bowl Preview, Analysis and Prediction - CardinalBlackTrojan - 12-18-2017 11:03 PM

How is UAB against solid dual-threat QB's?

Some of you may know of Ohio's QB Nathan Rourke. He moved to Alabama (Edgewood Academy) from Canada in 2015 so that he would have a better chance of being recruited to play college football. He set the Alabama high school single season record for total TD's (66) in 2015. He had zero FBS offers until Ohio offered him his first year in JUCO.

So far at Ohio this season, he has just over 2,000 pass yards and 882 rush yards. He ripped Toledo to pieces with his running ability. After watching some #MACtion weekday games, I'd say Rourke is one of the fastest and most elusive QB's in the country. The only downside is he doesn't have good consistency passing.

RE: UAB vs. Ohio: Bahamas Bowl Preview, Analysis and Prediction - Blazer4Life14 - 12-18-2017 11:15 PM

(12-18-2017 11:03 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  How is UAB against solid dual-threat QB's?

I’m still having nightmares about Charlotte’s QB going Mike Vick on us. Hopefully it’s improved.

RE: UAB vs. Ohio: Bahamas Bowl Preview, Analysis and Prediction - demiveeman - 12-19-2017 10:39 AM

(12-18-2017 11:15 PM)Blazer4Life14 Wrote:  
(12-18-2017 11:03 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  How is UAB against solid dual-threat QB's?

I’m still having nightmares about Charlotte’s QB going Mike Vick on us. Hopefully it’s improved.

Another consideration is that Ohio's defense has been practicing against a true running QB all year...and our QB is our 2nd leading rusher.

RE: UAB vs. Ohio: Bahamas Bowl Preview, Analysis and Prediction - 82blazer - 12-19-2017 11:21 AM

Maybe it is the disappointment of being at the Charlotte game and us having no answer for the QB scrambling and also not being able to establish a running game against an awful defense, but I am not overly confident in this game.

We will not get a lot of possessions in this game so we need to avoid the lull of three and out on multiple possessions that seemed to happen every game this year.

RE: UAB vs. Ohio: Bahamas Bowl Preview, Analysis and Prediction - B'ham Blazer - 12-19-2017 11:25 AM

(12-19-2017 11:21 AM)82blazer Wrote:  Maybe it is the disappointment of being at the Charlotte game and us having no answer for the QB scrambling and also not being able to establish a running game against an awful defense, but I am not overly confident in this game.

We will not get a lot of possessions in this game so we need to avoid the lull of three and out on multiple possessions that seemed to happen every game this year.

If we go into Les' 3 & out mode, it's going to be bad. Hopefully, that does not happen.

RE: UAB vs. Ohio: Bahamas Bowl Preview, Analysis and Prediction - ATTALLABLAZE - 12-19-2017 11:36 AM

Forget about the Charlotte game. We lost because of three turnovers and some untimely penalties that either killed a drive or extended theirs clean that up and we win in spite of the guy running like crazy. No turnovers we win by two or three scores.

The key to this game is no turnovers the same as every game this year. Don’t turn it over or keep it to one and we will be in a position to win at the end. Cough it up three times and we most likely lose.

RE: UAB vs. Ohio: Bahamas Bowl Preview, Analysis and Prediction - B'ham Blazer - 12-19-2017 11:41 AM

(12-19-2017 11:36 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Forget about the Charlotte game. We lost because of three turnovers and some untimely penalties that either killed a drive or extended theirs clean that up and we win in spite of the guy running like crazy. No turnovers we win by two or three scores.

The key to this game is no turnovers the same as every game this year. Don’t turn it over or keep it to one and we will be in a position to win at the end. Cough it up three times and we most likely lose.

Turnovers are a killer, especially in a game like this one against a high scoring team.

RE: UAB vs. Ohio: Bahamas Bowl Preview, Analysis and Prediction - 82blazer - 12-19-2017 11:59 AM

(12-19-2017 11:36 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Forget about the Charlotte game. We lost because of three turnovers and some untimely penalties that either killed a drive or extended theirs clean that up and we win in spite of the guy running like crazy. No turnovers we win by two or three scores.

I can't forget it, it is permanently etched in my brain (or brian)

RE: UAB vs. Ohio: Bahamas Bowl Preview, Analysis and Prediction - LairDweller - 12-20-2017 03:39 PM

article says Ohio gives up 111.4 points per game...that makes me optimistic :)

if we can score 100, im pretty sure we'll win