CSNbbs
CUSA Individual Award Winners - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: CUSA Individual Award Winners (/thread-836436.html)

CUSA Individual Award Winners - Digi368 - 12-06-2017 03:14 PM

CUSA Announced their Post season Individual award winners today. Added my commentary below

http://conferenceusa.com/news/2017/12/6/FB_1206172936.aspx

MVP : Devin Singletary (FAU) - Was this really ever in question? Motor tied the TD record in CUSA and was absolutely amazing to watch. I doubt this will be his last award while in CUSA

Offensive POY: Mason Fine (UNT) - I like to pick on Fine but he is a really great QB and has progressed so much over just one season. He is going to be a mainstay as the top QB in the conference for his Junior and Senior seasons

Defensive POY: Marcus Davenport (UTSA) - Just unbelievably dominant game in and game out despite almost always being double teams. Some draft experts have him as 1st round pick in the upcoming NFL Draft

ST POY: Isaiah Harper (ODU) - Didn't get to watch Harper but very consistent all year including some huge games returning kicks

Freshman of the year: Spenser Brown (UAB) - Another obvious choice. This kid is really good. He is going to give Singletary a run for his money next year.

Newcomers: Jaylon Guyton (UNT) and Teddy Veal (La Tech) - Both of these guys were awesome to watch.

Coach of the Year: Bill Clark (UAB) - So perfect in my eyes. Coached his team to a bowl after UABs absence from football. Everyone had to be rooting for this in a way.

RE: CUSA Individual Award Winners - MGNation92 - 12-06-2017 03:33 PM

Definitely glad Davenport will be gone after this season. Dude is a freak

Spencer Brown is gonna give the Conference fits for the next three years.

Really glad we have Fine and Guyton for two more years

RE: CUSA Individual Award Winners - goliath74 - 12-06-2017 04:12 PM

(12-06-2017 03:14 PM)Digi368 Wrote:  CUSA Announced their Post season Individual award winners today. Added my commentary below

http://conferenceusa.com/news/2017/12/6/FB_1206172936.aspx

MVP : Devin Singletary (FAU) - Was this really ever in question? Motor tied the TD record in CUSA and was absolutely amazing to watch. I doubt this will be his last award while in CUSA

Offensive POY: Mason Fine (UNT) - I like to pick on Fine but he is a really great QB and has progressed so much over just one season. He is going to be a mainstay as the top QB in the conference for his Junior and Senior seasons

Defensive POY: Marcus Davenport (UTSA) - Just unbelievably dominant game in and game out despite almost always being double teams. Some draft experts have him as 1st round pick in the upcoming NFL Draft

ST POY: Isaiah Harper (ODU) - Didn't get to watch Harper but very consistent all year including some huge games returning kicks

Freshman of the year: Spenser Brown (UAB) - Another obvious choice. This kid is really good. He is going to give Singletary a run for his money next year.

Newcomers: Jaylon Guyton (UNT) and Teddy Veal (La Tech) - Both of these guys were awesome to watch.

Coach of the Year: Bill Clark (UAB) - So perfect in my eyes. Coached his team to a bowl after UABs absence from football. Everyone had to be rooting for this in a way.

I sure hope so. Sidenote: most of FAU's dominant offensive line is graduating. Hopefully new guys can continue to be dominant. otherwise the Motor will find next two years much tougher to run.

RE: CUSA Individual Award Winners - Matrix - 12-06-2017 05:39 PM

Congratulations to all the award winners.

RE: CUSA Individual Award Winners - Digi368 - 12-07-2017 02:47 PM

They really got everything right

RE: CUSA Individual Award Winners - inutech - 12-07-2017 03:02 PM

Clark for coach of the year is blindingly obvious. He ought to get coach of the last 3 years in return for sticking around through all that crap.

RE: CUSA Individual Award Winners - va-eagle - 12-07-2017 04:44 PM

Congrats to the teams with these players.

RE: CUSA Individual Award Winners - Blue Raider Dave - 12-07-2017 04:47 PM

Davenport may be the most talented C-USA player that I've seen since MT joined the conference. Dude is an animal.

RE: CUSA Individual Award Winners - Digi368 - 12-08-2017 09:53 AM

(12-07-2017 04:47 PM)Blue Raider Dave Wrote:  Davenport may be the most talented C-USA player that I've seen since MT joined the conference. Dude is an animal.

He is a special player. Hard to imagine that he was a scrawny 2* 6'7 220 lb kid when UTSA threw him a last minute offer. He was getting looks by P5's but I think he was considered too much of a project. A collegiate weight program pushed him up to 260 or so and he never lost his speed. Coach Bo Davis has done wonders for him over the past few years.

Hope he can crack the 1st round this year. That would be great for CUSA!

Also to note, Davenport is one of the most humble football players there is. After winning the award he only gave credit to his team.