CSNbbs
The Mighty Hand of ESPN - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: The Mighty Hand of ESPN (/thread-835993.html)

The Mighty Hand of ESPN - arkstfan - 12-03-2017 04:56 PM

The World-Wide Leader did some last minute wheeling and dealing on the bowls

Akron takes an AAC spot in Boca and CUSA takes a MAC spot in Montgomery.

Interesting that UNT would have seemed a lock for a Texas-based bowl but gets shipped to NOLA.

RE: The Mighty Hand of ESPN - BRtransplant - 12-03-2017 05:51 PM

UNT said all along that they wanted a destination bowl. They last bowled in the Heart of Dallas Bowl, which is almost a home game for them. It's hard to beat New Orleans as a host city for a bowl game. In the last three years, Tech has bowled in Dallas, New Orleans, and Fort Worth. Of those three bowls, I enjoyed the New Orleans atmosphere the most by far. If UNT can regroup after laying the egg they did in the CUSA Championship Game, I expect a good game. If they play like they did against FAU, Troy will kill them. I'd like to see the two conference champs square off in a bowl game some day.

RE: The Mighty Hand of ESPN - CardinalBlackTrojan - 12-03-2017 06:24 PM

(12-03-2017 05:51 PM)BRtransplant Wrote:  UNT said all along that they wanted a destination bowl. They last bowled in the Heart of Dallas Bowl, which is almost a home game for them. It's hard to beat New Orleans as a host city for a bowl game. In the last three years, Tech has bowled in Dallas, New Orleans, and Fort Worth. Of those three bowls, I enjoyed the New Orleans atmosphere the most by far. If UNT can regroup after laying the egg they did in the CUSA Championship Game, I expect a good game. If they play like they did against FAU, Troy will kill them. I'd like to see the two conference champs square off in a bowl game some day.

I wish conference champs would square off more also. I remember the 2009 GMAC Bowl when Sun Belt champ 9-3 Troy played MAC champ #25 Central Michigan who was 11-2... went into double-OT with CMU winning.

Wound up being rated one of the Top 5 bowls of the season and received a lot of press leading up to the game.

The Mighty Hand of ESPN - Jjoey52 - 12-03-2017 09:53 PM

ESPN has way too much clout in college football, hopefully some day they lose this power and sanity will return.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: The Mighty Hand of ESPN - Green Menace - 12-03-2017 10:42 PM

(12-03-2017 05:51 PM)BRtransplant Wrote:  UNT said all along that they wanted a destination bowl. They last bowled in the Heart of Dallas Bowl, which is almost a home game for them. It's hard to beat New Orleans as a host city for a bowl game. In the last three years, Tech has bowled in Dallas, New Orleans, and Fort Worth. Of those three bowls, I enjoyed the New Orleans atmosphere the most by far. If UNT can regroup after laying the egg they did in the CUSA Championship Game, I expect a good game. If they play like they did against FAU, Troy will kill them. I'd like to see the two conference champs square off in a bowl game some day.

And how do you think troy would fair against FAU?

RE: The Mighty Hand of ESPN - RoyK - 12-04-2017 06:02 AM

(12-03-2017 10:42 PM)Green Menace Wrote:  

Very well itll be kiffins offense vs that troy defense which is no push over. Would be a entertaining match up.

RE: The Mighty Hand of ESPN - BRtransplant - 12-04-2017 06:18 AM

(12-03-2017 10:42 PM)Green Menace Wrote:  

FAU is on fire right now. They'll be tough to stop for anybody. I think FAU would win handily over Troy right now.