CSNbbs
The North Texas - Florida Atlantic Game ... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: The North Texas - Florida Atlantic Game ... (/thread-830442.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

The North Texas - Florida Atlantic Game ... - Matrix - 10-18-2017 01:42 PM

Two of the most animated offenses in our conference are on a collision course. Does this one have the potential for being the highest scoring game in C-USA this season? Both defenses better eat their Wheaties, this could be a track meet! This is one of our conference's games I really want to keep an eye on.

RE: The North Texas - Florida Atlantic Game ... - goliath74 - 10-18-2017 04:14 PM

It is going to be an exciting game. It has a 66 O/U. One doesn't often see O/U like that. Vegas agrees that this might be quite a shoot-out. And I think an "over" might be a good pick.

RE: The North Texas - Florida Atlantic Game ... - wh49er - 10-18-2017 04:22 PM

(10-18-2017 04:14 PM)goliath74 Wrote:  It is going to be an exciting game. It has a 66 O/U. One doesn't often see O/U like that. Vegas agrees that this might be quite a shoot-out. And I think an "over" might be a good pick.

14 games on the slate this weekend with at least an over/under of 60.

RE: The North Texas - Florida Atlantic Game ... - TTT - 10-18-2017 06:40 PM

FAU wins 35-27

RE: The North Texas - Florida Atlantic Game ... - USM@FTL - 10-18-2017 07:58 PM

This is the week that FAU proves if it's any good or not.

RE: The North Texas - Florida Atlantic Game ... - Volkmar - 10-18-2017 08:07 PM

(10-18-2017 01:42 PM)Matrix Wrote:  Two of the most animated offenses in our conference are on a collision course. Does this one have the potential for being the highest scoring game in C-USA this season? Both defenses better eat their Wheaties, this could be a track meet! This is one of our conference's games I really want to keep an eye on.

UNT already beat UAB in a 46-43 shootout, so I'd be inclined to say no.

RE: The North Texas - Florida Atlantic Game ... - Side Show Joe - 10-18-2017 08:48 PM

(10-18-2017 01:42 PM)Matrix Wrote:  Two of the most animated offenses in our conference are on a collision course. Does this one have the potential for being the highest scoring game in C-USA this season? Both defenses better eat their Wheaties, this could be a track meet! This is one of our conference's games I really want to keep an eye on.

No. The weather is expected to be rainy.

Yes, FAU has the #1 rushing offense in C-USA, but North Texas has the leading rusher in the conference and UNT's rushing offense ranks 4th in C-USA. When you combine that with our passing attack, you bigin to see the situation FAU will be dealing with.

In truth FAU is fairly one dimensional, and that will probably be a problem. An even bigger problem for FAU is the fact that North Texas has the 4th ranked rushing defense in C-USA, while FAU's rushing defense ranks 12th in the conference.

All of the C-USA teams North Texas has beaten this season rank in the top half of the conference in total offense, and scoring offense. And, all of the C-USA teams FAU has beaten rank in the bottom half of C-USA in total offense and scoring offense.

I don't believe any of this is a coincidence.

I'd take the under.

RE: The North Texas - Florida Atlantic Game ... - rileylives - 10-18-2017 09:57 PM

FAU will win this one. I think they're for real. Just a hunch.

RE: The North Texas - Florida Atlantic Game ... - goliath74 - 10-19-2017 07:29 AM

(10-18-2017 08:07 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  

UNT already beat UAB in a 46-43 shootout, so I'd be inclined to say no.

Last year, FAU and MTSU combined for 133 points in a 77-56 (MTSU) scoring fest.

But those come along once a decade...

The North Texas - Florida Atlantic Game ... - Shrack - 10-19-2017 07:43 AM

Hoping FAU takes this one

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

RE: The North Texas - Florida Atlantic Game ... - owlcountry40 - 10-19-2017 08:37 AM

(10-18-2017 08:48 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  

No. The weather is expected to be rainy.

Yes, FAU has the #1 rushing offense in C-USA, but North Texas has the leading rusher in the conference and UNT's rushing offense ranks 4th in C-USA. When you combine that with our passing attack, you begin to see the situation FAU will be dealing with.

In truth FAU is fairly one dimensional, and that will probably be a problem. An even bigger problem for FAU is the fact that North Texas has the 4th ranked rushing defense in C-USA, while FAU's rushing defense ranks 12th in the conference.

All of the C-USA teams North Texas has beaten this season rank in the top half of the conference in total offense, and scoring offense. And, all of the C-USA teams FAU has beaten rank in the bottom half of C-USA in total offense and scoring offense.

I don't believe any of this is a coincidence.

I'd take the under.
Everyone talks about stopping our backs and oline until they don't.
Ito Smith, avg 7.9 yards a carry vs you but only had 13 carries we won't make that mistake and Motor is a better back.

Also, our run D numbers are slanted because we opened vs Navy and Wisconsin.

RE: The North Texas - Florida Atlantic Game ... - goliath74 - 10-19-2017 08:52 AM

Another problem with considering FAU a one dimensional team is that we are not incapable of passing. We CHOOSE to run. Driskel can throw for 300 or more yards. He has done that before. But, at this point of time, our running attack produces better dividends and we will continue to rely on it until we are stopped. 4 consecutive opponents could not stop our running attack. Granted, they were Bethune-Cookman (439 yards on the ground), Buffalo (262), MTSU (252), and ODU (453). But is UNT's rush defense so much better than MTSU's?

RE: The North Texas - Florida Atlantic Game ... - USM@FTL - 10-19-2017 10:31 AM

If it rains, it would favor FAU. Heavy rains make offenses one-dimensional because of the slippery ball. I would also take the under if it rains, obviously.

RE: The North Texas - Florida Atlantic Game ... - CurveItAround - 10-19-2017 04:14 PM

Glad FAU was able to re-instate this guy just in time for this weekend's game (even though previously reported he would be out for the year, but that was before they were leading the East division). Seems innocent to me, but better let a jury decide.

RE: The North Texas - Florida Atlantic Game ... - MGNation92 - 10-19-2017 04:22 PM

This is the one game out of our remaining games that I have no idea how it will play out. I'm probably more worried about this than any other game. LaTech is a close second, but I'm counting them as a pretty sure loss since it's in Ruston and they usually have our number. Moreover I have no idea if 6-2 will win the west. Luckily we have the tiebreaker over USM and San Antonio CC but who knows.

RE: The North Texas - Florida Atlantic Game ... - goliath74 - 10-19-2017 04:32 PM

(10-19-2017 04:14 PM)CurveItAround Wrote:  Glad FAU was able to re-instate this guy just in time for this weekend's game (even though previously reported he would be out for the year, but that was before they were leading the East division). Seems innocent to me, but better let a jury decide.

Kalib was re-instated back on September 4.

http://www.foxsports.com/florida/story/florida-atlantic-owls-reinstate-kalib-woods-battery-charges-090417

he hasn't played yet and I am not sure he has suited up yet. But he had been on the team for more than a month and he has been practicing for a while now.

RE: The North Texas - Florida Atlantic Game ... - CurveItAround - 10-19-2017 04:39 PM

(10-19-2017 04:32 PM)goliath74 Wrote:  
(10-19-2017 04:14 PM)CurveItAround Wrote:  Glad FAU was able to re-instate this guy just in time for this weekend's game (even though previously reported he would be out for the year, but that was before they were leading the East division). Seems innocent to me, but better let a jury decide.

http://www.foxsports.com/florida/story/florida-atlantic-owls-reinstate-kalib-woods-battery-charges-090417

he hasn't played yet and I am not sure he has suited up yet. But he had been on the team for more than a month and he has been practicing for a while now.

This story written by FAUOWLAccess.com says that he was reinstated for this weekend's game after a disciplinary hearing earlier today. Guess Kiffin was able to convince the university that he would be a whole lot more innocent if he played this weekend.

http://fauowlaccess.com/floridaatlantic/fau-football-wr-woods-active-vs-unt-owlaccess-com/7042/2017/10/19/?_ga=2.109442053.1694999632.1508446437-57119338.1462982985

RE: The North Texas - Florida Atlantic Game ... - goliath74 - 10-19-2017 04:49 PM

(10-19-2017 04:39 PM)CurveItAround Wrote:  

This story written by FAUOWLAccess.com says that he was reinstated for this weekend's game after a disciplinary hearing earlier today. Guess Kiffin was able to convince the university that he would be a whole lot more innocent if he played this weekend.

http://fauowlaccess.com/floridaatlantic/fau-football-wr-woods-active-vs-unt-owlaccess-com/7042/2017/10/19/?_ga=2.109442053.1694999632.1508446437-57119338.1462982985

I guess we were both right: "FAU stripped Woods of his scholarship but allowed him to return to the team. He has practiced with the Owls but didn’t take the field for their first six games."

P.S. There is no doubt his presence would help. He was the best target in 2016.

RE: The North Texas - Florida Atlantic Game ... - Dawgxas - 10-19-2017 05:51 PM

Toss up game, both teams have played well and awful at times this season.

RE: The North Texas - Florida Atlantic Game ... - owlcountry40 - 10-20-2017 02:04 PM

(10-19-2017 04:49 PM)goliath74 Wrote:  
(10-19-2017 04:39 PM)CurveItAround Wrote:  

I guess we were both right: "FAU stripped Woods of his scholarship but allowed him to return to the team. He has practiced with the Owls but didn’t take the field for their first six games."

P.S. There is no doubt his presence would help. He was the best target in 2016.

You have to remember this that everyone wants to reach an look for things Lane is doing wrong. Remeber Bama played 2 guys with pending charges last year. I love how people assume that it was Lane fighting to play Woods. When it is really up to the dean. Woods has dressed at traveled, but he didn't play.