CSNbbs
WI Dairy Queen triggers leftists - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: WI Dairy Queen triggers leftists (/thread-827194.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

WI Dairy Queen triggers leftists - Kaplony - 09-15-2017 10:22 AM

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Wisconsin-Dairy-Queen-Hangs-Politically-Incorrect-Sign-in-Window-444077793.html

Quote:A “politically incorrect” sign hung in a Wisconsin Dairy Queen by the franchise’s owner has sparked a controversy under the Grill and Chill’s neon lights.

The tongue-in-cheek poster, declares the business as a controversial establishment because of its use of “Merry Christmas,” saluting the American flag and thanking the country’s troops.

The sign, found in the Kewaskum ice cream shop, further says if a prospective patron is offended a “snowflake safe space,” can be arranged by the owner.

The satirical signage provoked at least one person to gripe about it on Facebook.

“I find this extremely offensive,” the Facebook user who posted the image said. “Please speak with the franchise owner."

The post, which has since been deleted, garnered thousands of likes and shares—as well as comments—most of which seemed to support the owner’s stance.

Quote:“I am especially grateful for the heartfelt email thank you from a Philadelphia police officer I received just before church this last Sunday,” Scheunemann told NBC 5 in an email. “I was humbled by his incredible thank you over the sign's open support of police officers. I set out to encourage others in my Christianity and love of Country, and I ended up being the one encouraged."

[Image: zd3Q5ny.jpg]
03-lmfao

RE: WI Dairy Queen triggers leftists - Fitbud - 09-15-2017 10:25 AM

So ESPN can't be political but Dairy Queen can?

I prefer my sundae without a political spin.

RE: WI Dairy Queen triggers leftists - JerryJeff - 09-15-2017 10:27 AM

(09-15-2017 10:25 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  So ESPN can't be political but Dairy Queen can?

You're free to get your sundae elsewhere. I believe the owner is encouraging you to do just that!

RE: WI Dairy Queen triggers leftists - Kaplony - 09-15-2017 10:30 AM

(09-15-2017 10:25 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  So ESPN can't be political but Dairy Queen can?

Then I suggest you not go to the Dairy Queen in Kewaskum, WI.

Problem solved.

RE: WI Dairy Queen triggers leftists - Fitbud - 09-15-2017 10:32 AM

I was being sarcastic. I don't care if Dairy Queen wants to post that. I'll still gladly go in there and eat a hunger buster.

You see, unlike a lot of people, I don't care if ESPN or Dairy Queen wants to flaunt their supposed political leanings.

RE: WI Dairy Queen triggers leftists - Kaplony - 09-15-2017 10:36 AM

More info:

http://www.cbs58.com/news/dairy-queen-sign-says-in-god-we-trust-angers-some-customers

Quote:The sign was posted close to four years ago, after a customer was upset when he heard Christian music inside the restaurant. Scheunemann decided to post the warning, and said he hasn't had many problems since then.

One time, a customer was upset at the offer of free ice cream for veterans, but Scheunemann said he is open to talking with anyone who may have concerns about the sign. He says he'll even make arrangements for a customer to come in without witnessing any expression of God or country.

Other business owners in town say they support Scheunemann's right to run his business the way he sees fit.

"He posted it on the door so you see it before you walk in," said April Serwe, who owns local bar PJ Magoos. "You don’t have to walk in if you don't agree with it."

In fact, some people in town told us there isn't even a need for a sign like that -- because most residents in Kewaskum share the same values.

"In this small community, I don't think it's a problem," said resident Liz Torrison. "We're all just liking each other and having fun."

https://www.gomn.com/life/politically-incorrect-sign-turns-wi-dairy-queen-into-tourist-landmark

Quote:According to the location's owner, franchisee Kevin Scheunemann, the sign has actually been up for the last four years, but didn't become a problem until a week ago.

Scheunemann tells GoMN that "a student from Oregon" took a picture of his sign and posted it to the official Dairy Queen Facebook page last Wednesday, triggering a huge thread of comments (which has seemingly since been deleted).

The student's complaint said the "politically incorrect" warning was "extremely offensive," and demanded the company "deal with (the) franchise owner," Scheunemann said.

RE: WI Dairy Queen triggers leftists - Fitbud - 09-15-2017 10:37 AM

(09-15-2017 10:36 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  More info:

http://www.cbs58.com/news/dairy-queen-sign-says-in-god-we-trust-angers-some-customers

Quote:The sign was posted close to four years ago, after a customer was upset when he heard Christian music inside the restaurant. Scheunemann decided to post the warning, and said he hasn't had many problems since then.

One time, a customer was upset at the offer of free ice cream for veterans, but Scheunemann said he is open to talking with anyone who may have concerns about the sign. He says he'll even make arrangements for a customer to come in without witnessing any expression of God or country.

Other business owners in town say they support Scheunemann's right to run his business the way he sees fit.

"He posted it on the door so you see it before you walk in," said April Serwe, who owns local bar PJ Magoos. "You don’t have to walk in if you don't agree with it."

In fact, some people in town told us there isn't even a need for a sign like that -- because most residents in Kewaskum share the same values.

"In this small community, I don't think it's a problem," said resident Liz Torrison. "We're all just liking each other and having fun."

https://www.gomn.com/life/politically-incorrect-sign-turns-wi-dairy-queen-into-tourist-landmark

Quote:According to the location's owner, franchisee Kevin Scheunemann, the sign has actually been up for the last four years, but didn't become a problem until a week ago.

Scheunemann tells GoMN that "a student from Oregon" took a picture of his sign and posted it to the official Dairy Queen Facebook page last Wednesday, triggering a huge thread of comments (which has seemingly since been deleted).

The student's complaint said the "politically incorrect" warning was "extremely offensive," and demanded the company "deal with (the) franchise owner," Scheunemann said.

As I have said before, I don't care if DQ wants to do that but it just isn't good business.

If I want to run a successful business, I'm trying not to offend anyone.

RE: WI Dairy Queen triggers leftists - SuperFlyBCat - 09-15-2017 10:39 AM

Dairy Queen is not gender inclusive, I am offended.

RE: WI Dairy Queen triggers leftists - MemTigers1998 - 09-15-2017 10:48 AM

(09-15-2017 10:39 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Dairy Queen is not gender inclusive, I am offended.

I guess neither is Burger King

RE: WI Dairy Queen triggers leftists - Bull_Is_Back - 09-15-2017 10:55 AM

(09-15-2017 10:37 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  As I have said before, I don't care if DQ wants to do that but it just isn't good business.

Glad to see you're on board with ESPN's inserting politics into things as being "bad for business"

RE: WI Dairy Queen triggers leftists - SuperFlyBCat - 09-15-2017 10:56 AM

(09-15-2017 10:48 AM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  
(09-15-2017 10:39 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Dairy Queen is not gender inclusive, I am offended.

Now I am really triggered!

RE: WI Dairy Queen triggers leftists - Kaplony - 09-15-2017 10:58 AM

(09-15-2017 10:56 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

It must really chap your ass that the Big Boy chain's HQ is in Cincy.

RE: WI Dairy Queen triggers leftists - MemTigers1998 - 09-15-2017 11:01 AM

Five Guys is offensive as well.

RE: WI Dairy Queen triggers leftists - bullet - 09-15-2017 11:02 AM

That's the problem with you snowflakes. None of that is political.

RE: WI Dairy Queen triggers leftists - SuperFlyBCat - 09-15-2017 11:02 AM

(09-15-2017 10:58 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  

I am going to start a petition to have all Big Boy statues removed. Big Boy is clearly fat shaming one gender.

RE: WI Dairy Queen triggers leftists - Kaplony - 09-15-2017 11:04 AM

(09-15-2017 11:02 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(09-15-2017 10:58 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  

I am going to start a petition to have all Big Boy statues removed. Big Boy is clearly fat shaming one gender.

It will only be effective if you add some "REEEEEEEEEEEEE"

RE: WI Dairy Queen triggers leftists - Fitbud - 09-15-2017 11:56 AM

A teacher friend of mine once came to school and said, " I had Five Guys last night. It's wasn't that good".

I never let him live it down.

RE: WI Dairy Queen triggers leftists - Owl 69/70/75 - 09-15-2017 12:00 PM

(09-15-2017 10:32 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  I was being sarcastic. I don't care if Dairy Queen wants to post that. I'll still gladly go in there and eat a hunger buster.
You see, unlike a lot of people, I don't care if ESPN or Dairy Queen wants to flaunt their supposed political leanings.

So your initial post was just another troll?

RE: WI Dairy Queen triggers leftists - VA49er - 09-15-2017 12:08 PM

Well, from Dairy Queen corporate's response I can only garner that corporate DOES NOT honor the US flag nor does it give thanks for our troops, police officers, and fire fighters. Good to know.

RE: WI Dairy Queen triggers leftists - dbacard - 09-15-2017 12:57 PM

My business has too many customers, how can I reduce my customer base? I know!!