CSNbbs
Nebraska tailgate - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Nebraska tailgate (/thread-826886.html)

Nebraska tailgate - NIU Adam - 09-11-2017 04:56 PM

Who on the board is going to the game? Haven't done much research into the tailgate lots.

RE: Nebraska tailgate - Berryb1906 - 09-11-2017 06:37 PM

(09-11-2017 04:56 PM)NIU Adam Wrote:  Who on the board is going to the game? Haven't done much research into the tailgate lots.

Game is at 11AM so tailgating will be minimal before the game unless you are an early riser. We will be there though with our family!!

RE: Nebraska tailgate - NIU Adam - 09-11-2017 06:49 PM

(09-11-2017 06:37 PM)Berryb1906 Wrote:  
(09-11-2017 04:56 PM)NIU Adam Wrote:  Who on the board is going to the game? Haven't done much research into the tailgate lots.

Game is at 11AM so tailgating will be minimal before the game unless you are an early riser. We will be there though with our family!!

I do know the lots open at 6 so we will be there when they open.

RE: Nebraska tailgate - HuskiemobileMan - 09-11-2017 08:28 PM

I'm looking into it. Looks like the campus lots are dry.

RE: Nebraska tailgate - HuskiemobileMan - 09-11-2017 08:36 PM

Hawks Field at Haymarket Park

RE: Nebraska tailgate - armour248 - 09-11-2017 09:09 PM

I'll be there but likely at a Nebraska tailgate or just a nearby bar

RE: Nebraska tailgate - HuskiemobileMan - 09-11-2017 09:39 PM

Bar for Friday night? Harry's Wonder Bar?

RE: Nebraska tailgate - NIU Adam - 09-12-2017 03:16 AM

(09-11-2017 08:28 PM)HuskiemobileMan Wrote:  I'm looking into it. Looks like the campus lots are dry.

Looks to be the same as Ohio State. Just need to drink out of a solo cup.

RE: Nebraska tailgate - DiehardHuskie - 09-12-2017 09:45 AM

Add a bit here, been to a few games at Nebraska.

Tailgating:
No open containers of beer/booze. Use solo cups. Lots will open at 6:00 am for the 11:00 am kick. There is zero public parking around the stadium. All of the lots are either donor lots or public/season passes that are sold out. Pay lots are pretty far from the stadium, but they provide shuttle buses. Last year, I saw a gas station downtown that closed for the day to allow for tailgating. Just walk around - it's a crazy tailgate scene.

The Haymarket lot is primarily for donors. They sell a small number of public passes on game day. Don't know how many - it's on first come, first serve basis. I haven't parked in this lot, but if you are going for this lot, I'd advise getting there at 6:00.

There are some spots on campus that are pay parking. We've parked in the lot in front of the Abel-Sandoz Residence Halls, corner of Vine and 17th. I've heard several of the houses on Greek Row, 16th and 17th streets, also sell spots in their lots on game days. Walk straight up 17th to the Stadium.

Further out, we've parked at the Indian Center campground, on 10th and Military Road. It's a grass lot with trees. Pretty much anything goes - come and go when you want. A bit of a further walk to the stadium. The walk to the Stadium is up 10th Street, which is the "Bottoms" neighborhood. Lots of students in houses there - last year, there were several yard parties post-game. We wandered around and had a good time. A fun area for you youngsters. LOL

Post-Game / Bars
Bar scene is divided into two areas. O Street, which is closest to the city downtown and right next to campus, is the main drag of campus bars.

The Haymarket District, closer to the Stadium, is an old warehouse area next to the train tracks that has been converted to bars, restaurants, shops, etc. The streets in the Haymarket, which are cobblestone, will be closed Saturday morning before the game. You'll want to hit the Railyard after the game. It's an outdoor courtyard for all of the bars that line it with a huge TV screen and stage for live bands. It will be packed. You can go inside to one of the bars or go outside and sit at a table in the Yard.

Stadium:
If you have time, visit the Nebraska football room where they have all of the bowl and national championship trophies on display. The three Heismans are in a separate room. Very cool. Arrive early for the game. The pre-game show is great, and the "tunnel walk" is pretty cool. Video follows the team from locker room out to field. The "Husker Power" chant will get revved up and when they play "Can you feel it" over the PA, 91,000+ will start dancing and clapping. Visitors seating section is field level in the corner, down at the goal line.

Eats:
Honest Abe's has great burgers.
Pickleman's has terrific sandwiches.
Fuzzy Taco for Mexican.
Lazlo's Brewery and LeadBelly in the Haymarket.
Buffalo Wings & Rings at the Railyard in the Haymarket.

Husker fans are rabid, but could not be friendlier. This will be their 360+ something consecutive sellout. You will have a great time. Happy to answer any other questions for those of you making the trip.

RE: Nebraska tailgate - HuskieJoe - 09-14-2017 08:32 PM

Who is going to Nebraska? Anyone else planning to tailgate at Haymarket? I will be there with HMM and niuCoils in the Huskies Sprinter?

RE: Nebraska tailgate - NIU Adam - 09-15-2017 08:09 AM

(09-14-2017 08:32 PM)HuskieJoe Wrote:  Who is going to Nebraska? Anyone else planning to tailgate at Haymarket? I will be there with HMM and niuCoils in the Huskies Sprinter?

What time will you be there to wait in line?

RE: Nebraska tailgate - HuskiemobileMan - 09-15-2017 02:20 PM

(09-15-2017 08:09 AM)NIU Adam Wrote:  
(09-14-2017 08:32 PM)HuskieJoe Wrote:  Who is going to Nebraska? Anyone else planning to tailgate at Haymarket? I will be there with HMM and niuCoils in the Huskies Sprinter?

What time will you be there to wait in line?

6ish

RE: Nebraska tailgate - HuskiemobileMan - 09-15-2017 02:21 PM

Checking out Barry's tonight

RE: Nebraska tailgate - NIU Adam - 09-15-2017 08:03 PM

(09-15-2017 02:21 PM)HuskiemobileMan Wrote:  Checking out Barry's tonight

We are upstairs

RE: Nebraska tailgate - HuskieJoe - 09-16-2017 06:57 AM

Tailgate is on at Haymarket Park (baseball stadium parking lot) on N 4th st just north of Line Drive. Huskie Sprinter and an NIU tent easily spotted. $30 to park, plenty of room as of now. Thunderstorm is passing through should be a great tailgate afterwards!

RE: Nebraska tailgate - HuskieRak - 09-16-2017 08:24 AM

Have a feeling I'm gonna regret not going to this game.

Only 372ish days until the FSU tailgate!!!