CSNbbs
Upcoming Obama care Repeal - Congress exempted? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Upcoming Obama care Repeal - Congress exempted? (/thread-816428.html)

Upcoming Obama care Repeal - Congress exempted? - solohawks - 04-25-2017 10:28 PM

https://www.vox.com/2017/4/25/15429982/gop-exemption-ahca-amendment

I like to call a spade a spade and this is garbage.

Anytime Congress exempts themselves from a law I get nauseas

RE: Upcoming Obama care Repeal - Congress exempted? - UofMstateU - 04-25-2017 10:38 PM

I seem to remember congress opting out or being exempted from Obamacare.

RE: Upcoming Obama care Repeal - Congress exempted? - solohawks - 04-25-2017 10:47 PM

Congress and congressional staff were going to get the same subsidy as their constituents qualified for based on income level. That just wouldn't do so Obama had the irs i believe it was interpret the law to state that the old federal gov't contribution to the old health plan Congress and staff got and everyone else still gets would be the subsidy Congress and staff got towards their monthly premiums. Needless to say they are getting a lot more federal assistance than their average constituent and now they are going to be operating under different laws than their home state constituents

It's shady when the donkey does it and it's shady when the elephants do it

RE: Upcoming Obama care Repeal - Congress exempted? - bullet - 04-26-2017 08:51 AM

(04-25-2017 10:28 PM)solohawks Wrote:  https://www.vox.com/2017/4/25/15429982/gop-exemption-ahca-amendment

I like to call a spade a spade and this is garbage.

Anytime Congress exempts themselves from a law I get nauseas

This never gets mentioned when Democrats pass a law.

Congress ALWAYS exempts itself.

There should be a law against that.

RE: Upcoming Obama care Repeal - Congress exempted? - bullet - 04-26-2017 08:52 AM

(04-25-2017 10:47 PM)solohawks Wrote:  Congress and congressional staff were going to get the same subsidy as their constituents qualified for based on income level. That just wouldn't do so Obama had the irs i believe it was interpret the law to state that the old federal gov't contribution to the old health plan Congress and staff got and everyone else still gets would be the subsidy Congress and staff got towards their monthly premiums. Needless to say they are getting a lot more federal assistance than their average constituent and now they are going to be operating under different laws than their home state constituents

It's shady when the donkey does it and it's shady when the elephants do it

Its not so much that it is shady. Its that it puts them in a bubble. If they put half the regulations on themselves that they put on business, they would never pass those things.

RE: Upcoming Obama care Repeal - Congress exempted? - solohawks - 04-26-2017 10:13 AM

Fair point. It agree that it should not be allowed. That falls on the executive to use his bully pulpit to make the use known and call the legislative branch to task