CSNbbs
tone deaf - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: The Dan Burgardt Memorial Bronco Football Forum (/forum-489.html)
+------ Thread: tone deaf (/thread-815657.html)

tone deaf - uclabruin - 04-17-2017 05:27 AM

After reading the "media rules" regarding spring ball, it was almost as if they were written by someone from the 1970's.

The LAST THING you want to be doing in today's media environment is creating any kind of adversarial relationship. You should want every picture, every play, described in full, ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING possible aired.

I could not help watching some of the Minnesota spring game. It was actually pretty fun, where they featured another "patented PJ" scholarship award, and had fans field actual punts during the game which was well played, not by the fans, but by production standards.

Chalk this one up to inexperience I guess, but in my opinion WMU needs a full time media person who is doing everything and anything to get the word out, in every circumstance, fullback pass be damned.

Trust me in this market, if you don't want plays shown, THEY WON'T be shown. That goes for game plays too.

RE: tone deaf - Dirty Ernie - 04-17-2017 05:59 AM

To me, putting a fullback pass out there is an advantage, not a disadvantage.

If every team we play now has to lay off a safety on every sweep we run, well that is just one last defender to worry about 95% of the time. An advantage, not a disadvantage.

Think Vince Lombardi. He said everybody knows what we will run. Let them try to stop it. Now there is rule for you.

RE: tone deaf - Hiller4Hyz09 - 04-17-2017 08:00 AM

(04-17-2017 05:59 AM)Dirty Ernie Wrote:  To me, putting a fullback pass out there is an advantage, not a disadvantage.

If every team we play now has to lay off a safety on every sweep we run, well that is just one last defender to worry about 95% of the time. An advantage, not a disadvantage.

Think Vince Lombardi. He said everybody knows what we will run. Let them try to stop it. Now there is rule for you.

04-rock04-rock04-rock04-rock04-rock