CSNbbs
Spring Game at 11 open to Public in GLASS BOWL - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Spring Game at 11 open to Public in GLASS BOWL (/thread-813364.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Spring Game at 11 open to Public in GLASS BOWL - UT! - 03-24-2017 06:46 AM

Nice .... can't wait

RE: Spring Game at 11 open to Public in GLASS BOWL - SylvaniaRocket - 03-24-2017 07:05 AM

Good news!

RE: Spring Game at 11 open to Public in GLASS BOWL - Michigan Rocket - 03-24-2017 07:13 AM

WHAT!! When did this happen? Any more details.

RE: Spring Game at 11 open to Public in GLASS BOWL - toledobrad - 03-24-2017 08:48 AM

Because of the concert going on at Savage, you'll have to pay for parking though. Lot 25 is the nearest free lot.

RE: Spring Game at 11 open to Public in GLASS BOWL - UT! - 03-24-2017 11:15 AM

Ill walk from farther lots. Want to see Mcrimmon, WR Davis and Johson back from injury.

RE: Spring Game at 11 open to Public in GLASS BOWL - UT1 - 03-24-2017 11:49 AM

(03-24-2017 06:46 AM)UT! Wrote:  Nice .... can't wait
Not really a spring game, FINAL SPRING PRACTICE.

Toledo Athletics @ToledoRockets Wrote:
With mild weather in the forecast, @ToledoFB final spring practice this Saturday at 11:00 moves to Glass Bowl. Fans invited to attend.
Yesterday 07:25 PM
Find all posts by this user

RE: Spring Game at 11 open to Public in GLASS BOWL - UofToledoFans - 03-25-2017 09:49 AM

So glad 50 people could come out and expand our name brand and get ahead of others in the MAC 01-wingedeagle

RE: Spring Game at 11 open to Public in GLASS BOWL - bcunn3128 - 03-25-2017 10:11 AM

Late notice + little real publicity + "practice" rather than a "spring game" = no real fan interest?

RE: Spring Game at 11 open to Public in GLASS BOWL - inductchuck16 - 03-25-2017 10:23 AM

If anybody is there, have you noticed anything from LB Chris Green? Is he playing?

RE: Spring Game at 11 open to Public in GLASS BOWL - H2Oville Rocket - 03-25-2017 11:32 AM

(03-25-2017 10:11 AM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  Late notice + little real publicity + "practice" rather than a "spring game" = no real fan interest?

Exactly.

RE: Spring Game at 11 open to Public in GLASS BOWL - UT! - 03-25-2017 12:41 PM

Some tidbits from game..
-they played 10 minute quarters
- Id would say 1000 people showed up for the hour long scrimmage which had teams divided equally
-Candle was behind each offense and pretty much let the coaches handle the spirited game which was won by Woodsides team 25-13
-Woodside looked very impressive with confident passes with lots on them. He took his team down the field in 1:45 for the second score that was fun to watch...I thought #19 Dionte Johnson looked fast and strong, got behind D a couple times, he was red shirted last year with injury.
- Cody Thompson had the best game with several spectacular catches he went high for including a TD.
-Chris Green played but had a heavy knee brace on. Didnt look fast or physical, I followed him a few plays he has a ways to go to get on field.
-Transfer Peters and Julian are neck and neck for back up, they looked good
-Swanson didnt play much but Seymore ran hard
-#whoever 36 is caught a touchdown and seemed to excite people... perhaps a tightend
- Overall I was impressed with the hitting and enthusiasm, the winning coach took a gatorade bath

RE: Spring Game at 11 open to Public in GLASS BOWL - BDV27 - 03-25-2017 01:03 PM

(03-25-2017 12:41 PM)UT! Wrote:  Some tidbits from game..
- Id would say 1000 people showed up for the hour long scrimmage which had teams divided equally
-Candle was behind each offense and pretty much let the coaches handle the spirited game which was won by Woodsides team 25-13
-Woodside looked very impressive with confident passes with lots on them. He took his team down the field in 1:45 for the second score that was fun to watch...I thought #19 Dionte Johnson looked fast and strong, got behind D a couple times, he was red shirted last year with injury.
- Cody Thompson had the best game with several spectacular catches he went high for including a TD.
-Chris Green played but had a heavy knee brace on. Didnt look fast or physical, I followed him a few plays he has a ways to go to get on field.
-#whoever 36 is caught a touchdown and seemed to excite people... perhaps a tightend
- Overall I was impressed with the hitting and enthusiasm, the winning coach took a gatorade bath

Anyone to get excited about on the Defensive side of the ball? If not, we can expect another November collapse and second place finish in the West.

RE: Spring Game at 11 open to Public in GLASS BOWL - H2Oville Rocket - 03-25-2017 01:49 PM

So was it 50 or 1,000 and was it practice or game? Never seen so much confusion.

RE: Spring Game at 11 open to Public in GLASS BOWL - FMRocket - 03-25-2017 02:21 PM

(03-25-2017 09:49 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  So glad 50 people could come out and expand our name brand and get ahead of others in the MAC 01-wingedeagle

There were at least 50 on the sideline(excluding players/coaches). I was one of them.
Probably around 800-1000 in the stands...

RE: Spring Game at 11 open to Public in GLASS BOWL - FMRocket - 03-25-2017 02:30 PM

Punter from Australia was walking the sidelines... Tall, lanky kid...

RE: Spring Game at 11 open to Public in GLASS BOWL - FMRocket - 03-25-2017 02:34 PM

Number 58 Cameron Bell is a tad bigger than Storm at 6-9 350 pounds ...

RE: Spring Game at 11 open to Public in GLASS BOWL - northcoastRocket - 03-25-2017 04:01 PM

Highlights & interviews:
https://twitter.com/ToledoRockets/status/845734330550898688/video/1

RE: Spring Game at 11 open to Public in GLASS BOWL - Toledo Football 1st - 03-25-2017 10:47 PM

(03-25-2017 02:21 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  
(03-25-2017 09:49 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  So glad 50 people could come out and expand our name brand and get ahead of others in the MAC 01-wingedeagle

There were at least 50 on the sideline(excluding players/coaches). I was one of them.
Probably around 800-1000 in the stands...

I would say that's pretty darned good considering that late announcement. I wanted to be there but had some things I just had to get done this morning.

I guess in a way I can see an advantage to having spring workouts a month earlier than usual. They get an earlier snapshot of the core of the 2017 roster which reveals what areas need some shoring up. Now they can get started a month earlier pursuing grad transfers and late signees to help shore up those positions. (Not sure that's what they were thinkin', but that's what I'm thinkin'.) Did they learn anything they didn't already know? [shrug]

RE: Spring Game at 11 open to Public in GLASS BOWL - Toledo Football 1st - 03-25-2017 10:58 PM

Thank you! It's going to be great to have Dionte back. Sad situation with Green. Feel for the guy. Seymore, eh? Something to look forward to.

RE: Spring Game at 11 open to Public in GLASS BOWL - inductchuck16 - 03-26-2017 11:28 AM

Thanks for the updates. Just looking at him, Green looks like he's still very physical. Appearance wise, he's our most physical looking LB. Maybe it's a "slowly but surely" process in terms of him getting back into a physical playing mode.