CSNbbs
Trump to GOP House: :" I'm coming after you" - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Trump to GOP House: :" I'm coming after you" (/thread-813087.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Trump to GOP House: :" I'm coming after you" - Fitbud - 03-21-2017 01:22 PM

President Donald Trump paid a rare personal visit to House Republicans on Tuesday morning to pitch his newly revised health care plan in front of a deeply skeptical caucus of conservatives. Apparently frustrated by the continued resistance within his own to party to one of his signature campaign promises, Trump took to directing threats at specific conservatives on Capitol Hill — a move that appears to have already backfired.

Link

These guys are going to implode.

RE: Trump to GOP House: :" I'm coming after you" - Hood-rich - 03-21-2017 01:23 PM

(03-21-2017 01:22 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  President Donald Trump paid a rare personal visit to House Republicans on Tuesday morning to pitch his newly revised health care plan in front of a deeply skeptical caucus of conservatives. Apparently frustrated by the continued resistance within his own to party to one of his signature campaign promises, Trump took to directing threats at specific conservatives on Capitol Hill — a move that appears to have already backfired.

Link

Is this supposed to be a problem?

RE: Trump to GOP House: :" I'm coming after you" - Fitbud - 03-21-2017 01:32 PM

(03-21-2017 01:23 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  
(03-21-2017 01:22 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  President Donald Trump paid a rare personal visit to House Republicans on Tuesday morning to pitch his newly revised health care plan in front of a deeply skeptical caucus of conservatives. Apparently frustrated by the continued resistance within his own to party to one of his signature campaign promises, Trump took to directing threats at specific conservatives on Capitol Hill — a move that appears to have already backfired.

Link

It depends on whether or not you like Trump's plan. If you do, then it probably isn't.

If you don't then it probably is a problem.

My understanding is that this plan is Obamacare light. I can live with that. Can you?

RE: Trump to GOP House: :" I'm coming after you" - HeartOfDixie - 03-21-2017 01:35 PM

I'm hoping for it.

RE: Trump to GOP House: :" I'm coming after you" - Fitbud - 03-21-2017 01:41 PM

(03-21-2017 01:35 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I'm hoping for it.

What do you like about it?

RE: Trump to GOP House: :" I'm coming after you" - cb4029 - 03-21-2017 01:42 PM

LOL
The Trumpbots have no idea what they like. Trump has to tell them first.

RE: Trump to GOP House: :" I'm coming after you" - Hood-rich - 03-21-2017 01:43 PM

(03-21-2017 01:32 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

Link

It depends on whether or not you like Trump's plan. If you do, then it probably isn't.

My understanding is that this plan is Obamacare light. I can live with that. Can you?

You don't even read the garbage that you post.

Quote:“He said, ‘Y’all ran on repealing Obamacare. Looks like you’d be ripe for a primary if you don’t keep your promise,'” Texas Republican Rep. Blake Farenthold told reporters after Trump’s hourlong visit to the basement of the Capitol ended. North Carolina Republican Rep. Richard Hudson further explained to reporters, “The president’s message was that the American people are counting on us to repeal Obamacare and this is our one chance to do it. And if we fail, there will be consequences for our party and for us as individuals.”

RE: Trump to GOP House: :" I'm coming after you" - olliebaba - 03-21-2017 01:44 PM

I'm like Pelosi, I'm waiting for them to pass the bill so that I can find out what's in it. That seems fair, huh? No one on the left complained when she said it.

RE: Trump to GOP House: :" I'm coming after you" - Fitbud - 03-21-2017 01:44 PM

(03-21-2017 01:43 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  

Link

Quote:“He said, ‘Y’all ran on repealing Obamacare. Looks like you’d be ripe for a primary if you don’t keep your promise,'” Texas Republican Rep. Blake Farenthold told reporters after Trump’s hourlong visit to the basement of the Capitol ended. North Carolina Republican Rep. Richard Hudson further explained to reporters, “The president’s message was that the American people are counting on us to repeal Obamacare and this is our one chance to do it. And if we fail, there will be consequences for our party and for us as individuals.”

Not sure how what you posted changes anything.

RE: Trump to GOP House: :" I'm coming after you" - Hood-rich - 03-21-2017 01:58 PM

(03-21-2017 01:44 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

Link

It changes a lot. As far as "Obamacare" light, they can call it that if they want. The 3-pronged approach to

1. Repeal / replace (we're in this phase)
2. Regulatory relief
3. Other healthcare reforms

When Ryan introduced this bill initially it was assumed we'd only have #1 above. Also, "Obamacare light" has been tweaked since it was called that.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/repeal-and-replace

RE: Trump to GOP House: :" I'm coming after you" - pcm0103 - 03-21-2017 02:06 PM

(03-21-2017 01:58 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  
(03-21-2017 01:23 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  Is this supposed to be a problem?

It changes a lot. As far as "Obamacare" light, they can call it that if they want. The 3-pronged approach to

2. Regulatory relief

When Ryan introduced this bill initially it was assumed we'd only have #1 above. Also, "Obamacare light" has been tweaked since it was called that.

So are you now if favor of his plan?

RE: Trump to GOP House: :" I'm coming after you" - Hood-rich - 03-21-2017 02:11 PM

(03-21-2017 02:06 PM)pcm0103 Wrote:  
(03-21-2017 01:32 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  It depends on whether or not you like Trump's plan. If you do, then it probably isn't.

2. Regulatory relief

If we follow through with #2 and #3 can live with it. Personally speaking I think I'd prefer Obamacare to die a more natural death. Problem if you do that is that the media will go into hysterics about people "dying in the streets", etc, etc, etc... They're going to do that anyway. There isn't a win/win here for anybody.

Obamacare was little more than a half measure towards single payer that failed miserably. Biggest "win" for me is the elimination of the mandate. That was the #1 problem with Obamacare IMHO. #2 problem is that it doesn't do anything to increase the supply but increased the demand, see #1. I think that if we follow through with #2 and #3 it should help with the supply side of the equation. Do those things and overall we're going to have a better system (still far from perfect) than we have now and just before that. JMHO.

RE: Trump to GOP House: :" I'm coming after you" - pcm0103 - 03-21-2017 02:15 PM

(03-21-2017 02:11 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  
(03-21-2017 01:43 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  You don't even read the garbage that you post.

2. Regulatory relief

If we follow through with #2 and #3 can live with it. Personally speaking I think I'd prefer Obamacare to die a more natural death. Problem if you do that is that the media will go into hysterics about people "dying in the streets", etc, etc, etc... They're going to do that anyway. There isn't a win/win here for anybody.

Obamacare was little more than a half measure towards single payer that failed miserably. Biggest "win" for me is the elimination of the mandate. That was the #1 problem with Obamacare IMHO. #2 problem is that it doesn't do anything to increase the supply but increased the demand, see #1. I think that if we follow through with #2 and #3 it should help with the supply side of the equation. Do those things and overall we're going to have a better system (still far from perfect) than we have now and just before that. JMHO.

So putting it like that, why the fight from certain GOP?

RE: Trump to GOP House: :" I'm coming after you" - Hood-rich - 03-21-2017 02:27 PM

(03-21-2017 02:15 PM)pcm0103 Wrote:  
(03-21-2017 02:11 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  
(03-21-2017 01:44 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Not sure how what you posted changes anything.

2. Regulatory relief

So putting it like that, why the fight from certain GOP?

Some want a 100% full repeal (ie, kill Obamacare and replace with nothing). Then they want to build something after the fact. What's being proposed now is more of a phase out and into something else. That's what I take away from it at a high level anyway.

RE: Trump to GOP House: :" I'm coming after you" - Fitbud - 03-21-2017 02:38 PM

(03-21-2017 01:32 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  It depends on whether or not you like Trump's plan. If you do, then it probably isn't.

2. Regulatory relief

I'm for any plan as long as it is an improvement on what we currently have.

RE: Trump to GOP House: :" I'm coming after you" - DavidSt - 03-21-2017 02:40 PM

One of the things they added to Ryan's plan is the work program that the able bodied have to get a job. It is already in place in Arkansas that goes with Obamacare which is why Obamacare is working in Arkansas.

RE: Trump to GOP House: :" I'm coming after you" - georgia_tech_swagger - 03-21-2017 03:01 PM

(03-21-2017 01:58 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  It changes a lot. As far as "Obamacare" light, they can call it that if they want. The 3-pronged approach to

2. Regulatory relief

It's still Obamacare-Lite, and I AM F**KING LIVID that people are actually buying into this bullsh*t of "You gotta pass Phase 1 to move on to the stuff that matters in Phase 2 and 3!" BULLLLLLLLLLSH*T. You can just as easily pass Phase 2 and Phase 3 right now, and start those bills off in Paragraph 1 with "This bill does not take effect until the Affordable Care Act has been repealed."

PUT THE SOLUTIONS IN PLACE. THEN REPEAL.

RE: Trump to GOP House: :" I'm coming after you" - pcm0103 - 03-21-2017 03:05 PM

(03-21-2017 02:38 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(03-21-2017 01:43 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  You don't even read the garbage that you post.

2. Regulatory relief

I'm for any plan as long as it is an improvement on what we currently have.
Do you think this is an improvement? And if so by what percentage?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

RE: Trump to GOP House: :" I'm coming after you" - olliebaba - 03-21-2017 03:07 PM

(03-21-2017 02:40 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  One of the things they added to Ryan's plan is the work program that the able bodied have to get a job. It is already in place in Arkansas that goes with Obamacare which is why Obamacare is working in Arkansas.

It's about time. Enough of these deadbeats crying that they can't work. Only the truly handicapped and elderly should be eligible. If the elderly would like to still work then it's for the better. No one says a person who is elderly can't work in office type work. It instills a thinking that they are working for their benefits. Like the Foster Grandparents Program where I did an internship.

RE: Trump to GOP House: :" I'm coming after you" - DavidSt - 03-21-2017 03:14 PM

(03-21-2017 03:07 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  
(03-21-2017 02:40 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  One of the things they added to Ryan's plan is the work program that the able bodied have to get a job. It is already in place in Arkansas that goes with Obamacare which is why Obamacare is working in Arkansas.

It's about time. Enough of these deadbeats crying that they can't work. Only the truly handicapped and elderly should be eligible. If the elderly would like to still work then it's for the better. No one says a person who is elderly can't work in office type work. It instills a thinking that they are working for their benefits. Like the Foster Grandparents Program where I did an internship.

The problem these days, the elderly, the disabled and the ill can't find work because the employers want to hire young and healthy people for all these jobs.
Another point is the working poor who can't afford health care could still qualify for Medicaid. One problem is that when a family makes more than $16,000 a year? They get kicked off of Medicaid and foodstamps. This would hurt families with special needs child.