CSNbbs
Game Week: @CMU and TOL - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: Game Week: @CMU and TOL (/thread-810419.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Game Week: @CMU and TOL - emu steve - 02-26-2017 06:44 AM

Like last year, the final week of the MAC season is hardly unimportant.

There is an absolute log jam among teams which would be seated 7 - 11 and yes, EMU could get a tourney home game, ala last year, by winning out (and some help).

https://twitter.com/MACSports/status/835676183647961091

The team showed real signs of breaking out of their funk last week. Playing inspired ball for much, but not enough, of the game vs. BSU. EMU was rock solid all game yesterday vs NIU.

Lee and Mangum are shooting the trey like crazy...

There is a lot of parity in the MAC this year, beyond Akron. The tourney could be wild and the battle for seatings fun to watch.

Enjoy. Lot of us live for this 'March madness' which starts with the end of the conference season.

RE: Game Week: @CMU and TOL - emu79 - 02-27-2017 10:10 AM

Here's what my gut tells me, if we win both of these games and do half way decently in the tourney, I doubt that Murphy will be let go. He will back next year. If we lose both of these games and get booted out of the tourney in the first game, there may be a case for making the move this year, we'll see. Regardless the 7 game losing streak-hm.

RE: Game Week: @CMU and TOL - emu steve - 02-27-2017 10:51 AM

(02-27-2017 10:10 AM)emu79 Wrote:  Here's what my gut tells me, if we win both of these games and do half way decently in the tourney, I doubt that Murphy will be let go. He will back next year. If we lose both of these games and get booted out of the tourney in the first game, there may be a case for making the move this year, we'll see. Regardless the 7 game losing streak-hm.

I wish I was a fly on the wall (that's an expression. 03-lmfao) in the locker room or the Convo.

The team starts really well and then mysteriously tanks, then Dep. AD Christian Spears, has a meeting with the team, he tells them they have the best talent in the conference and they start playing much, much better (Spears was interviewed by Chad at half time Saturday and mentioned this. It is his words.).

Bells just started going off in my head.

There is something happening (or happened) to cause the team to go from kicking butt (ask CMU, BG, LBSU, etc.) and then they were totally dispirited, disorganized, etc... Then all of sudden the lights went back on and they were on fire to start the game vs. BSU and then came out and handled NIU.

Anyone in 48197 know what is happening? I don't know if it is maybe with Lee or the athletic administration or something we don't know about but this isn't a team which simply lost a few buzzer beaters...

Now what?????

Did Brad Watson find some happy pills for the guys? 03-lmfao

The bottom line, whatever was going on seems to have been rectified...

To paraphrase our game day posts, "If I were in Vegas..." tomorrow I'd take EMU.

I think I see hot to cold to hot (again)... I just don't know why. The only thing I see on the court is a much, much better effort and Lee's game is like wow. Earlier Lee had gone, I think, four or five games without making a trey. Now the basket looks as big as the ocean...

RE: Game Week: @CMU and TOL - emu steve - 02-28-2017 05:53 AM

Game Day: EMU is a 1 1/2 - 2 point favorite.

And if I have my facts correct, we need to cheer for WMU over NIU and BSU over TOL and Kent over BG.

An EMU win, a WMU win, Kent win and a BSU win tonight sets up Friday as a huge day for seedings.

There could be a 4-way tie at 7 - 10 for 8th with having a chance to take down #7 over TOL.

Getting a #7 seed would be HUGE. A home game and get us off that dreaded 8/9 line which faces Akron in CLE.

RE: Game Week: @CMU and TOL - RamyEMU - 02-28-2017 08:41 AM

(02-28-2017 05:53 AM)emu steve Wrote:  Game Day: EMU is a 1 1/2 - 2 point favorite.

And if I have my facts correct, we need to cheer for WMU over NIU and BSU over TOL and Kent over BG.

An EMU win, a WMU win, Kent win and a BSU win tonight sets up Friday as a huge day for seedings.

There could be a 4-way tie at 7 - 10 for 8th with having a chance to take down #7 over TOL.

Getting a #7 seed would be HUGE. A home game and get us off that dreaded 8/9 line which faces Akron in CLE.

Steve, the big thing to watch for today is a Toledo loss- in addition to an EMU win. If Toledo wins tonight, 7th seed is gone.

Secondarily, need NIU and Bowling Green one of their last 2 or the eight seed is lost.

Not the position I wanted to see EMU in this year, but nonetheless the season wrap up is always exciting!

RE: Game Week: @CMU and TOL - emu steve - 02-28-2017 09:58 AM

(02-28-2017 08:41 AM)RamyEMU Wrote:  
(02-28-2017 05:53 AM)emu steve Wrote:  Game Day: EMU is a 1 1/2 - 2 point favorite.

Steve, the big thing to watch for today is a Toledo loss- in addition to an EMU win. If Toledo wins tonight, 7th seed is gone.

Secondarily, need NIU and Bowling Green one of their last 2 or the eight seed is lost.

Not the position I wanted to see EMU in this year, but nonetheless the season wrap up is always exciting!

Yes. I'm kind of mixed thoughts. I want EMU to get the best seeding possible but I'm leary of the 8 or 9 seeds.

But as you indicate, #7 is not in our hands but TOL's.

That said, a TOL loss and EMU win tonight sets up a nice ending to the regular season...

RE: Game Week: @CMU and TOL - emu steve - 02-28-2017 04:34 PM

Vegas site now has EMU by 2.5 and total points 170. If my math is right, that would be say 86 - 84 EMU.

That would be fun!!

RE: Game Week: @CMU and TOL - TheWoodenNickle - 02-28-2017 04:45 PM

While I've given up hope of this season ending in a championship, it would be really nice to beat Central again. Sweeping the season series is always nice but this year it would be even sweeter when you consider we beat them in football too.

I do think emu will win. Central just seems to have matchup problems with Eastern, even if Eastern does not play with a true system.

RE: Game Week: @CMU and TOL - EagleSam - 02-28-2017 05:32 PM

The guards need to stay aggressive tonight. Keene and Rayson will be the smallest guys on the court at all times, giving up several inches to Lee and Toney. Keep attacking the basket.

Defensively, unless CMU found some miracle of an inside game and a big man that can actually pass, expect a ton of threes. Let Keene score 40 points all he wants, but limit the other guys from killing you.

If we play like we did on Saturday, we should be fine. Consistency hasn't been this team's strong suit, though.

RE: Game Week: @CMU and TOL - Luckeyone - 02-28-2017 06:54 PM

(02-28-2017 05:32 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  The guards need to stay aggressive tonight. Keene and Rayson will be the smallest guys on the court at all times, giving up several inches to Lee and Toney. Keep attacking the basket.

Defensively, unless CMU found some miracle of an inside game and a big man that can actually pass, expect a ton of threes. Let Keene score 40 points all he wants, but limit the other guys from killing you.

If we play like we did on Saturday, we should be fine. Consistency hasn't been this team's strong suit, though.

Good news for us is that CMU is one dimensional so the zone only has to guard the perimeter.

Let's Win!

RE: Game Week: @CMU and TOL - emu steve - 02-28-2017 07:02 PM

Funny things about predictions:

I predicted the top 3 in the MAC being Akron, Ohio and EMU. Akron was my unquestioned #1.

I was undecided if #2 was EMU or Ohio.

Anyway, if Ohio beats UB tonight I'll be 2/3s correct, but...

Nevertheless, need to be Keene and Keno tonight...

RE: Game Week: @CMU and TOL - EagleSam - 02-28-2017 07:17 PM

Raven Lee.

RE: Game Week: @CMU and TOL - emu steve - 02-28-2017 07:18 PM

I'm am completely dumbfounded how a team which was deader than a door nail got turned on like a light.

I just don't understand this team...

RE: Game Week: @CMU and TOL - EAGLE KING - 02-28-2017 07:19 PM

Coach shows confidence in Ray = Ray gets hot hot hot

RE: Game Week: @CMU and TOL - EagleSam - 02-28-2017 07:22 PM

He's playing much better defensively over the last few games too. Not sulking after missing shots and letting guys go right by him anymore.

RE: Game Week: @CMU and TOL - EagleSam - 02-28-2017 07:25 PM

(02-28-2017 07:18 PM)emu steve Wrote:  I'm am completely dumbfounded how a team which was deader than a door nail got turned on like a light.

I just don't understand this team...

All year we've said that we go as the guards go. Raven and Willie were awful for a solid month. They both found their shots again and we look stout.

RE: Game Week: @CMU and TOL - EagleSam - 02-28-2017 07:26 PM

We will be a very tough out in the tournament if Lee and Mangum are shooting like this. Wowza!

RE: Game Week: @CMU and TOL - EAGLE KING - 02-28-2017 07:26 PM

Splash City wow!!!

RE: Game Week: @CMU and TOL - EAGLE KING - 02-28-2017 07:35 PM

Love the quick ball movement and using screens, actually looks like a legit motion offense.

RE: Game Week: @CMU and TOL - EagleSam - 02-28-2017 07:36 PM

(02-28-2017 07:35 PM)EAGLE KING Wrote:  Love the quick ball movement and using screens, actually looks like a legit motion offense.

Bond is taking beautiful advantage of driving and dishing to a wide open Thompson. CMU is absolutely atrocious defensively and we are exposing it.