CSNbbs
Severe Weather / Tornado Outbreak Today (Jan 22) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Severe Weather / Tornado Outbreak Today (Jan 22) (/thread-806291.html)

Severe Weather / Tornado Outbreak Today (Jan 22) - Fish - 01-22-2017 09:03 AM

Hi mods, not sure if I technically have permission to do this, but I wanted to make everyone aware there is the potential for a significant severe weather/tornado outbreak today across much of the Southeast U.S., especially across southern GA and northern FL, where I figured a great deal of you good Sun Belt folks reside. Here is a map outlining the most at-risk locations from the National Weather Service:

[Image: day1otlk_1300.gif]

Please keep an eye on the skies today, as a set-up like this hasn't occurred across this region in at least 10 years. Stay tuned to your local weather service office and news for more updates and please be safe!

Link to the National Weather Service: http://www.weather.gov/

RE: Severe Weather / Tornado Outbreak Today (Jan 22) - McLeansvilleAppFan - 01-22-2017 09:09 AM

(01-22-2017 09:03 AM)Fish Wrote:  Hi mods, not sure if I technically have permission to do this, but I wanted to make everyone aware there is the potential for a significant severe weather/tornado outbreak today across much of the Southeast U.S., especially across southern GA and northern FL, where I figured a great deal of you good Sun Belt folks reside. Here is a map outlining the most at-risk locations from the National Weather Service:

[Image: day1otlk_1300.gif]

Please keep an eye on the skies today, as a set-up like this hasn't occurred across this region in at least 10 years. Stay tuned to your local weather service office and news for more updates and please be safe!

Link to the National Weather Service: http://www.weather.gov/

I think this is perfect to post here. Is this this same storm front that was dumping ice over the NW part of the country a few days ago?

RE: Severe Weather / Tornado Outbreak Today (Jan 22) - Fish - 01-22-2017 09:17 AM

I don't think it's directly related to the ice storm in the northwest, but some of the energy associated with that system is definitely having an effect on today's set-up.

RE: Severe Weather / Tornado Outbreak Today (Jan 22) - Eagle22 - 01-22-2017 09:30 AM

Eleven killed overnight in Brooks, Cook and Berrien counties in south Georgia. Nasty storms.

RE: Severe Weather / Tornado Outbreak Today (Jan 22) - TheEagleWay - 01-22-2017 09:50 AM

My neighborhood got buzzed by a tornado yesterday afternoon. I've got 6 huge hardwoods down and will likely be getting a new roof/fence due to the amount of damage. The house across the street has about 20 pines snapped in half; probably the lowest the tornado got.

Luckily my family was out of the house and everyone is fine.

Its just a big mess right now.

RE: Severe Weather / Tornado Outbreak Today (Jan 22) - Nittany_Bearcat - 01-22-2017 01:51 PM

"High risks" from the National Weather Service are definitely serious business --- this is the first one ANYWHERE in America since early June 2014. Also the first one ever for the month of January. Definitely stay aware today.

RE: Severe Weather / Tornado Outbreak Today (Jan 22) - CatMom - 01-22-2017 02:13 PM

We've got a Red Flag warning in the Texas Coastal Bend. High winds with gusts 45-50. Neighbors back fence is swaying precariously. You can see it and hear it creaking.

This isn't quite what the SE is experiencing but we're staying inside.

RE: Severe Weather / Tornado Outbreak Today (Jan 22) - EagleNationRising - 01-22-2017 04:10 PM

(01-22-2017 09:30 AM)Eagle22 Wrote:  Eleven killed overnight in Brooks, Cook and Berrien counties in south Georgia. Nasty storms.

My parents are still in Valdosta :-/

RE: Severe Weather / Tornado Outbreak Today (Jan 22) - TrueBlueDrew - 01-22-2017 04:29 PM

Praying for all our loved ones around us. It's been bad so far.

Severe Weather / Tornado Outbreak Today (Jan 22) - TrueBlueAlum - 01-22-2017 05:27 PM

Statesboro is about to get the last wave here in 20-30 min.

RE: Severe Weather / Tornado Outbreak Today (Jan 22) - Fanof49ASU - 01-22-2017 07:04 PM

Keep your heads down and hang on.

RE: Severe Weather / Tornado Outbreak Today (Jan 22) - TrueBlueAlum - 01-23-2017 08:16 AM

I obviously cant speak for the entire town, but it seems Statesboro got pretty lucky this weekend with how the storms broke apart by the time they got to us. I don't think we had too many major cells pass directly over town.

RE: Severe Weather / Tornado Outbreak Today (Jan 22) - McLeansvilleAppFan - 01-23-2017 05:33 PM

(01-23-2017 08:16 AM)TrueBlueAlum Wrote:  I obviously cant speak for the entire town, but it seems Statesboro got pretty lucky this weekend with how the storms broke apart by the time they got to us. I don't think we had too many major cells pass directly over town.

Good to hear. As much as I don't care for the Eagles on the field I would not want any harm to come to your school, your area, nor any one's health.

In my area of North Carolina I was expecting more and did not get much of anything until the late evening and then it was just heavy rain during the night. During the day when your area was getting hit we had barely a light mist in the air.

RE: Severe Weather / Tornado Outbreak Today (Jan 22) - The4thOption - 01-23-2017 08:02 PM

We had some friends get some terrible news yesterday.

A co-worker of my wife's (they teach together) found out that her first cousin was killed by a tornado near Valdosta, GA.

Please say a prayer for the families that have been devastated by this series of storms.