CSNbbs
Christian Kessee - what's the deal? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Christian Kessee - what's the deal? (/thread-805701.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Christian Kessee - what's the deal? - HoopDreams - 01-16-2017 11:52 AM

He was the grad transfer recruit for Tubby and even had the coach praising his shooting in preseason CA articles. Dude put up some pretty good numbers last year against "name" teams while at Coppin State.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/67524/year/2016/christian-kessee

15 against Iowa
11 against Kansas State
10 against California
19 against Iowa State

I have a hard time believing he could be any worse as a rotation player with a green light to shoot than Randall has been of late either. Has he been played out of position at PG?

In fact, it's just really strange that none of Randall, Clergeot or Kessee have stepped into that dependable guard/instant offense off the bench role.

RE: Christian Kessee - what's the deal? - holyterror - 01-16-2017 12:29 PM

Agree. We had ZERO bench points on Saturday. Has that EVER happened before?

RE: Christian Kessee - what's the deal? - TubbyTime - 01-16-2017 12:30 PM

It's just my opinion, I think he's a catch and shoot guy, he probably would be better with the ball out of his hands. The ball stops when he has it. To me, he needs to catch and shoot, or if he has no shot he needs to pass it quickly. Needless to say he has been a disappointment. I hope he starts knocking down 3's!

RE: Christian Kessee - what's the deal? - HoopDreams - 01-16-2017 12:32 PM

(01-16-2017 12:30 PM)TubbyTime Wrote:  It's just my opinion, I think he's a catch and shoot guy, he probably would be better with the ball out of his hands. The ball stops when he has it. To me, he needs to catch and shoot, or if he has no shot he needs to pass it quickly. Needless to say he has been a disappointment. I hope he starts knocking down 3's!

Agree, which was what I was kind of getting at.

Are they square pegging a round hole?

Does he need to be off the ball, catch and shoot from deep about 3 times per half?

RE: Christian Kessee - what's the deal? - Marc Mensa - 01-16-2017 01:03 PM

what kind of defender is he?

RE: Christian Kessee - what's the deal? - HoopDreams - 01-16-2017 01:09 PM

(01-16-2017 01:03 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  what kind of defender is he?

From the little I've seen, he seems to do okay.

He'd definitely need to be running against reserves of other teams though.

RE: Christian Kessee - what's the deal? - TubbyTime - 01-16-2017 01:21 PM

(01-16-2017 12:32 PM)HoopDreams Wrote:  
(01-16-2017 12:30 PM)TubbyTime Wrote:  It's just my opinion, I think he's a catch and shoot guy, he probably would be better with the ball out of his hands. The ball stops when he has it. To me, he needs to catch and shoot, or if he has no shot he needs to pass it quickly. Needless to say he has been a disappointment. I hope he starts knocking down 3's!

Does he need to be off the ball, catch and shoot from deep about 3 times per half?

Good questions. I hope they aren't ramming a square peg down the circle hole. I would try and get him shots. I think if he hit one or two his confidence would go up and we would see the real Christian. I have seen him play off the ball a few times but he screws himself over with crap play and thus Tubby has to take him out. It's not too late for him.

RE: Christian Kessee - what's the deal? - HoopDreams - 01-16-2017 01:29 PM

(01-16-2017 01:21 PM)TubbyTime Wrote:  It's not too late for him.

That's the thing - I don't think it's too late for any of Clergeot, Randall or Kessee.

But they've got to start hitting shots in their limited minutes to make it worthwhile to have them coming off the bench. None are great defenders, even if they have the willingness, so they need to provide something of substance.

RE: Christian Kessee - what's the deal? - Tiger87 - 01-16-2017 09:13 PM

Keon seemed to be making an effort to use his body on d and rebounding Saturday. He just couldn't do anything on offense against the zone.

RE: Christian Kessee - what's the deal? - Seller545 - 01-16-2017 11:23 PM

I agree. I think he needs to play shooting guard.

I think Clergot is a more natural point and the team seems to move the ball pretty well with him in.

RE: Christian Kessee - what's the deal? - Penny Lane - 01-16-2017 11:28 PM

Been saying he was a catch and shoot 2 since first 2-3 games. Doesn't this fall under player development? THREE guards playing poorly all season except for a few games total.

RE: Christian Kessee - what's the deal? - TubbyTime - 01-16-2017 11:43 PM

(01-16-2017 11:28 PM)Penny Lane Wrote:  

Been saying he was a catch and shoot 2 since first 2-3 games. Doesn't this fall under player development? THREE guards playing poorly all season except for a few games total.
Answer NO! You are so full of it. You're a complete loser of a fan. And yes, you have an agenda and if it's not obvious to all here, something is wrong with their thinking. On a daily basis you take shots at the coach. You dislike him for some reason and all I can think of is, you hate that Joshie was pushed out, or you hate the choice/selection of Tubby. That's all I can think of, leaving race out of it. But you have a problem with our coach. The fact that he's in his first year doesn't do anything to stop you. You're on the war path. You want him to fail. You're not smarter than everyone here. Acting like you knew before everyone else that Christian K. is a catch and shoot guy, is total BS. Everyone here that posts on a regular basis knew quickly that Christian K. is a catch and shoot guy. You are a phony.

RE: Christian Kessee - what's the deal? - ncrdbl1 - 01-17-2017 12:56 AM

(01-16-2017 11:43 PM)TubbyTime Wrote:  

Answer NO! You are so full of it. You're a complete loser of a fan. And yes, you have an agenda and if it's not obvious to all here, something is wrong with their thinking. On a daily basis you take shots at the coach. You dislike him for some reason and all I can think of is, you hate that Joshie was pushed out, or you hate the choice/selection of Tubby. That's all I can think of, leaving race out of it. But you have a problem with our coach. The fact that he's in his first year doesn't do anything to stop you. You're on the war path. You want him to fail. You're not smarter than everyone here. Acting like you knew before everyone else that Christian K. is a catch and shoot guy, is total BS. Everyone here that posts on a regular basis knew quickly that Christian K. is a catch and shoot guy. You are a phony.

Is your name Mrs Smith by chance. You act like a woman trying to defender her man from all criticism real or imaginary.

RE: Christian Kessee - what's the deal? - TubbyTime - 01-17-2017 01:49 AM

(01-17-2017 12:56 AM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  

Is your name Mrs Smith by chance. You act like a woman trying to defender her man from all criticism real or imaginary.
That's rich coming from you. I believe you were accused of being Mrs. Joshie were you not. You're a sissy boy, no doubt. You were in love with Pastner. Over the top with your defensive stance on anybody who said any little thing about your hero the cream puff. Damn, you set this right up on a tee for me and I Bubba Watsoned it! Let me know when your hero wins an ACC title ok. Your mancrush on Joshie is epic. All anyone has to do is look up past posts from your lame azz. You and pretty lame cheer for Houston Wednesday night. Having you act like your a Tiger fan makes us all look bad.

RE: Christian Kessee - what's the deal? - ncrdbl1 - 01-17-2017 06:15 AM

(01-17-2017 01:49 AM)TubbyTime Wrote:  
(01-16-2017 12:32 PM)HoopDreams Wrote:  Agree, which was what I was kind of getting at.

That's rich coming from you. I believe you were accused of being Mrs. Joshie were you not. You're a sissy boy, no doubt. You were in love with Pastner. Over the top with your defensive stance on anybody who said any little thing about your hero the cream puff. Damn, you set this right up on a tee for me and I Bubba Watsoned it! Let me know when your hero wins an ACC title ok. Your mancrush on Joshie is epic. All anyone has to do is look up past posts from your lame azz. You and pretty lame cheer for Houston Wednesday night. Having you act like your a Tiger fan makes us all look bad.

I call out liars and hypocrites. You make a claim against Pastner which is factual then i will not have a word to say. ONLY when you start with the misinformation and out and out lies do i react. As when dreamer claimed that recruiting went off the cliff when in fact we had a top ten class.

Have friends of over 50 years and they all know that if they make a false and/or misleading statement then i will call them on it. If i am going to hold family and friends accountable for lies and misinformation. Then i will not give a pass to some internet forum member who wants to act like he is somebody special. Especially some new comer who is wet behind the ears on the forum.

Your problem is you have an agenda and you cannot accept the truth if it doers not fit your agenda.

Personally i have no plans to cheer for anyone on Wednesday night. I will be pulling for the Tigers on THURSDAY night. If you are going to try and make a smart ass remark about someone's loyalty to the team you should at least know what night the team is playing.

RE: Christian Kessee - what's the deal? - HoopDreams - 01-17-2017 12:15 PM

(01-17-2017 06:15 AM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  As when dreamer claimed that recruiting went off the cliff when in fact we had a top ten class.

Don't be obtuse.

What was it ranked the year before when he signed all unranked JCs and where was it headed the following season when there were no more dads to hire?

We all know why he was ranked top 10 and it wasn't because he was killing on the recruiting trail.

He gave Keelon a third assistant job for over $100K.

I don't blame him either. It was the smart move.

But to act like recruiting was gangbusters is inherently dishonest and how you lose credibility.

RE: Christian Kessee - what's the deal? - salukiblue - 01-17-2017 12:42 PM

(01-16-2017 11:52 AM)HoopDreams Wrote:  He was the grad transfer recruit for Tubby and even had the coach praising his shooting in preseason CA articles. Dude put up some pretty good numbers last year against "name" teams while at Coppin State.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/67524/year/2016/christian-kessee

15 against Iowa
11 against Kansas State
10 against California
19 against Iowa State

I have a hard time believing he could be any worse as a rotation player with a green light to shoot than Randall has been of late either. Has he been played out of position at PG?

In fact, it's just really strange that none of Randall, Clergeot or Kessee have stepped into that dependable guard/instant offense off the bench role.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-776798-post-13174635.html#pid13174635

RE: Christian Kessee - what's the deal? - Penny Lane - 01-17-2017 12:48 PM

(01-17-2017 06:15 AM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  
(01-17-2017 01:49 AM)TubbyTime Wrote:  
(01-16-2017 11:28 PM)Penny Lane Wrote:  Been saying he was a catch and shoot 2 since first 2-3 games. Doesn't this fall under player development? THREE guards playing poorly all season except for a few games total.

I call out liars and hypocrites. You make a claim against Pastner which is factual then i will not have a word to say. ONLY when you start with the misinformation and out and out lies do i react. As when dreamer claimed that recruiting went off the cliff when in fact we had a top ten class.

Have friends of over 50 years and they all know that if they make a false and/or misleading statement then i will call them on it. If i am going to hold family and friends accountable for lies and misinformation. Then i will not give a pass to some internet forum member who wants to act like he is somebody special. Especially some new comer who is wet behind the ears on the forum.

Your problem is you have an agenda and you cannot accept the truth if it doers not fit your agenda.

Personally i have no plans to cheer for anyone on Wednesday night. I will be pulling for the Tigers on THURSDAY night. If you are going to try and make a smart ass remark about someone's loyalty to the team you should at least know what night the team is playing.

I have him on ignore-his worship and defense of Tubby is beyond adulation. Can't accept facts or different opinions about Tubby. The only time I have to see his girlish rants are when someone quotes him such as this post.

RE: Christian Kessee - what's the deal? - Brother Bluto - 01-17-2017 12:49 PM

Seems like Tubby prefers bigger guards and that's why he's at the 1 instead of the 2. But I could be wrong. Do you put him in only with Martin or do you have
Markel or KJ switch over to the point when he is in?

He was a volume shooter at Coppin. Hard for a guy to come in and only shoot 2 or 3 times

Remember Mike Dixon? Everyone would go nuts when he shot too much

RE: Christian Kessee - what's the deal? - HoopDreams - 01-17-2017 12:51 PM

(01-17-2017 12:42 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  
(01-16-2017 11:52 AM)HoopDreams Wrote:  He was the grad transfer recruit for Tubby and even had the coach praising his shooting in preseason CA articles. Dude put up some pretty good numbers last year against "name" teams while at Coppin State.

15 against Iowa
11 against Kansas State
10 against California
19 against Iowa State

http://csnbbs.com/thread-776798-post-13174635.html#pid13174635

I get that, but my point remains - assuming Coppin State was less talented than Memphis, he still put up good numbers against "name" teams...it would stand to reason that with more talent around him, he would get even better looks...I was more wondering if they are using him correctly by having him play predominately PG...either way, would like to see 1 of the 3 guards listed above become a bit more valuable to the team overall. Right now their value is very low - come in for a few minutes, please don't turn the ball over, and please don't commit dumb fouls. While those things are important, there doesn't seem to be high confidence in any of them right now from the coaching staff.