CSNbbs
Bad loss to a bad team - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Bad loss to a bad team (/thread-805203.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Bad loss to a bad team - Tigerlabel - 01-11-2017 10:23 PM

Poor free throw shooting again (both teams almost shot the same amount- percentage killed us). Very poor execution at the end- guard play is horrible.
KJ- what can I say. Seems to be in his own world.

This hurts any chance of postseason which was a hope anyway.

RE: Bad loss to a bad team - TonyTiger06 - 01-11-2017 11:04 PM

(01-11-2017 10:23 PM)Tigerlabel Wrote:  Poor free throw shooting again (both teams almost shot the same amount- percentage killed us). Very poor execution at the end- guard play is horrible.
KJ- what can I say. Seems to be in his own world.

This hurts any chance of postseason which was a hope anyway.

Yeah, I agree. I'm really disappointed in Markel Crawford's effort tonight. They put a bigger guy on him and he became extremely passive on the offensive end. Also, I hope that Tubby drills into their hearts the importance of blocking out also ... "They got manhandled on the boards tonight ... 03-banghead."

RE: Bad loss to a bad team - passat25 - 01-12-2017 03:43 AM

Bad loss.. Losing to a team with a 7-7 record mainly due to lack of free throws made.. If you can't hit your free throws you are gonna lose games.. Tubby has done a remarkable job with 5 players.. Most of whom weren't as effective last season.. Do the best you can Tigers and build on the future.. Go Tigers!

RE: Bad loss to a bad team - HiTiger - 01-12-2017 08:17 AM

Hopefully the team learns from it quickly or this isn't going to be the last.

RE: Bad loss to a bad team - Hoots - 01-12-2017 09:26 AM

Bad loss? Yes and no. I suppose it is, since we had a good shot to get out of town with a win. If this bunch isn't hitting on more than a few cylinders, we're very likely to see a few more of those. Very important for this team to take care of business at FEF and beat the teams they need to beat on the road.

RE: Bad loss to a bad team - fsquid - 01-12-2017 09:38 AM

It happens.

RE: Bad loss to a bad team - holyterror - 01-12-2017 09:47 AM

January slumps from the free throw line are pretty common.

Too bad Tulsa didn't have one last night, or we'd have won in spite of being killed on the glass.

RE: Bad loss to a bad team - HoopDreams - 01-12-2017 09:50 AM

It just seemed the energy and focus were lacking for too long of stretches in the game.

And some of the defensive close outs on shooters were absurd. I saw KJ actually jump and extend his hand AFTER the guy already shot it.

Looked like a tired team trying to cut corners maybe.

RE: Bad loss to a bad team - Tiger87 - 01-12-2017 10:07 AM

(01-12-2017 08:17 AM)HiTiger Wrote:  Hopefully the team learns from it quickly or this isn't going to be the last.

It won't be the last. With an experienced coach, we expected to win a few as underdogs. We got Okie and So Carolina. Hopefully we'll get either Cincy or SMU, too. But with the thin roster and lack of growth, we expected to lose a few as favorites.

Which reminds me - what was the line on last night? RPI had Tulsa by 3ish. KenPom had us by 3ish.

RE: Bad loss to a bad team - fsquid - 01-12-2017 10:10 AM

I think we were favored by 1.5

RE: Bad loss to a bad team - 3601 - 01-12-2017 11:53 AM

Winning is hard?

RE: Bad loss to a bad team - 2tigers - 01-12-2017 12:15 PM

(01-12-2017 09:50 AM)HoopDreams Wrote:  It just seemed the energy and focus were lacking for too long of stretches in the game.

And some of the defensive close outs on shooters were absurd. I saw KJ actually jump and extend his hand AFTER the guy already shot it.

If you add tigerlabel's post, your post, rebounding and lack of dept.. You have the reasons for this loss. Is it Tubby's fought that the dept isn't there. Sure it is but it sounds like some some of the posters want him fired already. That would be insane. He has a pretty good start on recruiting for next year and hopefully we get some of the Memphis kids.

RE: Bad loss to a bad team - presskh - 01-12-2017 02:04 PM

(01-12-2017 12:15 PM)2tigers Wrote:  
(01-12-2017 09:50 AM)HoopDreams Wrote:  It just seemed the energy and focus were lacking for too long of stretches in the game.

If you add tigerlabel's post, your post, rebounding and lack of dept.. You have the reasons for this loss. Is it Tubby's fought that the dept isn't there. Sure it is but it sounds like some some of the posters want him fired already. That would be insane. He has a pretty good start on recruiting for next year and hopefully we get some of the Memphis kids.

I wouldn't say it's Tubby's fault for our lack of depth, which is our biggest problem. He was hired late into the recruiting cycle. After we missed on Stokes because of no open schollies, I'm inclined to just save them for quality players. Next year, however, will be a different story.

RE: Bad loss to a bad team - HoopDreams - 01-12-2017 02:06 PM

(01-12-2017 02:04 PM)presskh Wrote:  I wouldn't say it's Tubby's fault for our lack of depth, which is our biggest problem. He was hired late into the recruiting cycle.

SMH

RE: Bad loss to a bad team - fsquid - 01-12-2017 02:07 PM

(01-12-2017 02:04 PM)presskh Wrote:  
(01-12-2017 12:15 PM)2tigers Wrote:  

I wouldn't say it's Tubby's fault for our lack of depth, which is our biggest problem. He was hired late into the recruiting cycle. After we missed on Stokes because of no open schollies, I'm inclined to just save them for quality players. Next year, however, will be a different story.

late into the recruiting cycle?

RE: Bad loss to a bad team - Penny Lane - 01-12-2017 02:59 PM

We were doing that two minutes into game and have sagged off perimeter into lane ALL YEAR LONG. It is a strange strategy as in Dedric not defending much with no fouls.

RE: Bad loss to a bad team - Claw - 01-12-2017 03:13 PM

No passion. I haven't seen any all year.

RE: Bad loss to a bad team - HometownTiger - 01-12-2017 03:15 PM

We have 6 players. This is gonna happen...

RE: Bad loss to a bad team - TIGER DENO - 01-12-2017 06:47 PM

Lack of intensity 03-zzz

RE: Bad loss to a bad team - HoopDreams - 01-12-2017 11:05 PM

(01-12-2017 03:15 PM)HometownTiger Wrote:  We have 6 players. This is gonna happen...

I said it in the summer, it's gonna be ugly if/when Dedric has to play center.

After Chad went down and Clergeot/Kessee started slow, I said we'd run out of gas.

Best bet is to get Chad back in time to get a few games under his belt and hopefully get some guys to play better before the AAC tourney.

In reality, getting an NIT bid with all home games paving the way to NYC would be a noble end at this point.