CSNbbs
West Michigan Fan Grief Room - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Smack Talk (/forum-423.html)
+----- Thread: West Michigan Fan Grief Room (/thread-804610.html)

West Michigan Fan Grief Room - Bearcats#1 - 01-07-2017 11:07 AM

For you wayward WMU fans that can't stay away from our board: I created this special Grief Room where you can come and view a picture of your departed coach to help you feel better about that toilet flushing sound you all are hearing, which is your MAAC program flushing down the toilet....

Here you go lil guys....think peaceful thoughts. You had a good year...until you lost to a real team from a real conference and then your coach bolted for a crappy B1G program taking your recruits LOL

[Image: pj-fleck-extension.jpg]

RE: West Michigan Fan Grief Room - UH1927 - 01-07-2017 01:36 PM

They are all the same..

My condolences to WMU..I know how you feel.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/6-recruits-flip-from-western-michigan-to-minnesota-on-p-j-flecks-first-day-162558217.html

RE: West Michigan Fan Grief Room - Insane_Baboon - 01-07-2017 01:38 PM

Someday people will learn that when a coach says he's staying at a G5 school, it's just coach speak. It amazes me how many people buy into that.

RE: West Michigan Fan Grief Room - StAteRedWolf - 01-07-2017 01:40 PM

(01-07-2017 01:36 PM)UH1927 Wrote:  They are all the same..

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/6-recruits-flip-from-western-michigan-to-minnesota-on-p-j-flecks-first-day-162558217.html

And of course it may be that those commits that flipped from WMU to Minn may find themselves sitting on the bench at the Big Ten school vs playing at WMU. They may come to the harsh reality that they are good enough to be starters at a G5 school but only good enough to be benchwarmers at the P5 level.

RE: West Michigan Fan Grief Room - StAteRedWolf - 01-07-2017 01:46 PM

(01-07-2017 01:38 PM)Insane_Baboon Wrote:  Someday people will learn that when a coach says he's staying at a G5 school, it's just coach speak. It amazes me how many people buy into that.

Yep.....they are all chasing the big moolah. Any coach that wants to stay at a G5 school long term is usually your older coaches nearing retirement age and are just looking for a easy spot to finish their careers with.

Any young coach that has plans to stay with a G5 school long term is likely to be someone the school and its fan base will want gone within a few years.

RE: West Michigan Fan Grief Room - Insane_Baboon - 01-07-2017 01:49 PM

(01-07-2017 01:46 PM)StAteRedWolf Wrote:  
(01-07-2017 01:38 PM)Insane_Baboon Wrote:  Someday people will learn that when a coach says he's staying at a G5 school, it's just coach speak. It amazes me how many people buy into that.

Yep.....they are all chasing the big moolah. Any coach that wants to stay at a G5 school long term is usually your older coaches nearing retirement age and are just looking for a easy spot to finish their careers with.

Any young coach that has plans to stay with a G5 school long term is likely to be someone the school and its fan base will want gone within a few years.

Exactly. 04-cheers

I have no illusions about Scott Frost.

RE: West Michigan Fan Grief Room - KNIGHTTIME - 01-07-2017 01:49 PM

UCF pays Frost $1.7 million in a non income tax state. It would take a good offer for him to bolt. If you're talking G4's, it takes a few nickels to get them to jump. I think most of the sunbelt and C-USA pay around $400-600K for a "HEAD" coach. We pay more for assistant coaches. Key made $800K as an assistant at UCF.

RE: West Michigan Fan Grief Room - FUB - 01-07-2017 01:52 PM

(01-07-2017 01:49 PM)Insane_Baboon Wrote:  

Exactly. 04-cheers

You had better pray Notre Dame doesn't come after Fuente . I am still pissed you took our coach.03-hissyfit

RE: West Michigan Fan Grief Room - Stallion - 01-07-2017 01:56 PM

Western Michigan has lost 8 commits in 36 hours

RE: West Michigan Fan Grief Room - StAteRedWolf - 01-07-2017 02:07 PM

(01-07-2017 01:49 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  UCF pays Frost $1.7 million in a non income tax state. It would take a good offer for him to bolt. If you're talking G4's, it takes a few nickels to get them to jump. I think most of the sunbelt and C-USA pay around $400-600K for a "HEAD" coach. We pay more for assistant coaches. Key made $800K as an assistant at UCF.

Blake Anderson's base contract at ASU pays him $700K. But he also gets extra money per incentives for winning the league title and for going to a bowl game and winning it. No idea what the incentive pay adds up to.

RE: West Michigan Fan Grief Room - Insane_Baboon - 01-07-2017 02:09 PM

(01-07-2017 01:52 PM)FUB Wrote:  
(01-07-2017 01:49 PM)Insane_Baboon Wrote:  

Exactly. 04-cheers

You had better pray Notre Dame doesn't come after Fuente . I am still pissed you took our coach.03-hissyfit

Hopefully they don't come calling, cause it'd be hard to turn that job down.

RE: West Michigan Fan Grief Room - CougarRed - 01-07-2017 02:12 PM

Apparently, Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes. Thus, the Minneapolis Lakers.

What I'm saying is, plenty of room for PJ to row his boat.

RE: West Michigan Fan Grief Room - CincyBro - 01-07-2017 02:28 PM

(01-07-2017 01:40 PM)StAteRedWolf Wrote:  
(01-07-2017 01:36 PM)UH1927 Wrote:  They are all the same..

And of course it may be that those commits that flipped from WMU to Minn may find themselves sitting on the bench at the Big Ten school vs playing at WMU. They may come to the harsh reality that they are good enough to be starters at a G5 school but only good enough to be benchwarmers at the P5 level.

Which is exactly what Minn. fans are going to find out about their new coach, not quite good enough for low P5 level.

RE: West Michigan Fan Grief Room - Bearcats#1 - 01-07-2017 04:09 PM

was hoping some West Michigan fans would use this room to cope...

I'm just trying to be a good neighbor. I'm a giver, it's what I do.

RE: West Michigan Fan Grief Room - brovol - 01-07-2017 04:54 PM

(01-07-2017 11:07 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  For you wayward WMU fans that can't stay away from our board: I created this special Grief Room where you can come and view a picture of your departed coach to help you feel better about that toilet flushing sound you all are hearing, which is your MAAC program flushing down the toilet....

Here you go lil guys....think peaceful thoughts. You had a good year...until you lost to a real team from a real conference and then your coach bolted for a crappy B1G program taking your recruits LOL

Genuine question: how much time on an average day are you away from your desktop? Do you get up to urinate, or just keep one of those hospital bottles handy? And is the vision that all the other posters here have of you sitting in dirty underwear in front of the screen, with dirty dishes all around, accurate, or do you clean up now and then?

One day your cincy bobcats will have a season like the WMU Broncos just had. Just kidding. We all know that will never happen.

RE: West Michigan Fan Grief Room - Bearcats#1 - 01-07-2017 05:30 PM

(01-07-2017 04:54 PM)brovol Wrote:  
(01-07-2017 11:07 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  For you wayward WMU fans that can't stay away from our board: I created this special Grief Room where you can come and view a picture of your departed coach to help you feel better about that toilet flushing sound you all are hearing, which is your MAAC program flushing down the toilet....

Genuine question: how much time on an average day are you away from your desktop? Do you get up to urinate, or just keep one of those hospital bottles handy? And is the vision that all the other posters here have of you sitting in dirty underwear in front of the screen, with dirty dishes all around, accurate, or do you clean up now and then?

One day your cincy bobcats will have a season like the WMU Broncos just had. Just kidding. We all know that will never happen.

says the West Michigan fan...who can't stay away from a Power 6 AAC board lol

RE: West Michigan Fan Grief Room - Tigersmoke3 - 01-07-2017 05:49 PM

Man WMU rowed that effing boat right up to a brinks truck for Ole PJ, and he thanks you