CSNbbs
The truth about G5 playoffs, not the ESPiN version - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: The truth about G5 playoffs, not the ESPiN version (/thread-804597.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

The truth about G5 playoffs, not the ESPiN version - BEAST Football - 01-07-2017 08:16 AM

http://www.capitalgazette.com/sports/navy_sports/ph-ac-cs-g5-playoff-follow-0107-20170106-story.html

ESPiN is floating the idea of a separate G5 playoffs.

RE: The truth about G5 playoffs, not the ESPiN version - SublimeKnight - 01-07-2017 08:35 AM

I thought NIU only got down on thier knees for the "P5" during big bowl games. Now they're willing to do it in the press too.

Then again if we had the MACs history in big bowl games, I'd might be looking to run from competition too.

RE: The truth about G5 playoffs, not the ESPiN version - slhNavy91 - 01-07-2017 09:06 AM

Not much advancing the storyline beyond the other 21-page thread. Coming out a week later because Wags got interviews with Aresco and Gladchuk.

Some money quotes in there, though.

RE: The truth about G5 playoffs, not the ESPiN version - luvyosef - 01-07-2017 09:17 AM

I love these G5 yes-men stating how they "compete" for the same national title. Yeah, sure we all do. Right..............Just say you ain't giving up that CFP money and call it a day. Sick of the G5 being the P5's hooker.

RE: The truth about G5 playoffs, not the ESPiN version - goodknightfl - 01-07-2017 09:22 AM

The whole idea is idiotic. Need to stand pat, and if playoff goes to 8 when this deal is up then demand a spot for G5 in the 8, plus and Access bowl.
5 P5 champs, Top ranked G5, and 2 at large. If playoff stays at 5 ... so be it. The G5 to date has not had a team that should have been considered top 4.

RE: The truth about G5 playoffs, not the ESPiN version - Phil Lacio - 01-07-2017 09:40 AM

(01-07-2017 09:22 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  The whole idea is idiotic. Need to stand pat, and if playoff goes to 8 when this deal is up then demand a spot for G5 in the 8, plus and Access bowl. 5 P5 champs, Top ranked G5, and 2 at large.

Agreed

Quote:The G5 to date has not had a team that should have been considered top 4.

Houston almost did it.

RE: The truth about G5 playoffs, not the ESPiN version - KNIGHTTIME - 01-07-2017 09:48 AM

Most of the G4 need to go FCS. That would make the college game better.

The truth about G5 playoffs, not the ESPiN version - Knightbengal - 01-07-2017 10:02 AM

Can anyone post another link. This one seems to be broken.

RE: The truth about G5 playoffs, not the ESPiN version - BigEastHomer - 01-07-2017 10:03 AM

(01-07-2017 09:22 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  The G5 to date has not had a team that should have been considered top 4.

The problem with that statement is that the present system is designed to make those schools less attractive to the level of recruits that could sustain a season worthy of that consideration.

Essentially, its rigged.

The system needs to be expanded, yes, but the designations need to be jettisoned. A "G5" spot is just the same old stacked deck.

RE: The truth about G5 playoffs, not the ESPiN version - pesik - 01-07-2017 10:20 AM

worded perfectly

Gladchuk literally laughed out loud when asked if he had discussed the Group of Five playoff concept with Navy head coach Ken Niumatalolo. "I'd rather rake the leaves! I'm not going to waste his time and my time even talking about it," he said.

"It would be television's delight. Because the TV folks could throw a couple bones to the munchkins to keep them at bay. It would be a self-declaration that the Group of Five is a second tier operation and should realize only second tier money," Gladchuk said. "You're admitting to an inferior product, and Navy has no interest in associating with that type of lack of ambition."

Aresco: "So to me, that is a defeatist attitude. We're realistic, we're clear-eyed. We understand the challenges we face by being lumped into this so-called Group of Five"

IMO the only thing thatll result from this is NIU killing its AAC chances

RE: The truth about G5 playoffs, not the ESPiN version - baruna falls - 01-07-2017 10:33 AM

(01-07-2017 10:20 AM)pesik Wrote:  worded perfectly

Gladchuk literally laughed out loud when asked if he had discussed the Group of Five playoff concept with Navy head coach Ken Niumatalolo. "I'd rather rake the leaves! I'm not going to waste his time and my time even talking about it," he said.

"It would be television's delight. Because the TV folks could throw a couple bones to the munchkins to keep them at bay. It would be a self-declaration that the Group of Five is a second tier operation and should realize only second tier money," Gladchuk said. "You're admitting to an inferior product, and Navy has no interest in associating with that type of lack of ambition."

Aresco: "So to me, that is a defeatist attitude. We're realistic, we're clear-eyed. We understand the challenges we face by being lumped into this so-called Group of Five"

Agree. Really wonder though if Sun Belt and CUSA ComMish may push this to save their leagues from financial ruin.

I think Mac,MWC and AAC say no.

RE: The truth about G5 playoffs, not the ESPiN version - Attackcoog - 01-07-2017 10:45 AM

(01-07-2017 10:33 AM)baruna falls Wrote:  
(01-07-2017 10:20 AM)pesik Wrote:  worded perfectly

Agree. Really wonder though if Sun Belt and CUSA ComMish may push this to save their leagues from financial ruin.

I think Mac,MWC and AAC say no.

I don't think there was ever any real support for this. They literally can't find any additional G5 officials to publicly support this (for obvious reasons). That means there was never any significant support. It's was at best an idea a few guys had that was quickly established as manifestly unpopular and is now an untouchable orphan. Nobody is going to associate themselves with this. The G5 playoff is dead as a door nail lying on its back, its toungue stuck out, with all 4-legs pointing skyward.

RE: The truth about G5 playoffs, not the ESPiN version - Bearcats#1 - 01-07-2017 11:18 AM

surprised the MAAC says no....

RE: The truth about G5 playoffs, not the ESPiN version - BearcatJerry - 01-07-2017 11:20 AM

(01-07-2017 09:48 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  Most of the G4 need to go FCS. That would make the college game better.

This is the end-game, I think...

Oh, and the AAC is in that group as well.

RE: The truth about G5 playoffs, not the ESPiN version - FUB - 01-07-2017 11:28 AM

(01-07-2017 09:17 AM)luvyosef Wrote:  I love these G5 yes-men stating how they "compete" for the same national title. Yeah, sure we all do. Right..............Just say you ain't giving up that CFP money and call it a day. Sick of the G5 being the P5's hooker.

Uh ,you lost ? If we are going to have to listen to mods whine about us bothering your boards then I see no reason we should be civil to you on our own.

RE: The truth about G5 playoffs, not the ESPiN version - MickMack - 01-07-2017 12:42 PM

F*CK ESPN

That's all I have to say about that.

RE: The truth about G5 playoffs, not the ESPiN version - StAteRedWolf - 01-07-2017 12:42 PM

(01-07-2017 11:28 AM)FUB Wrote:  
(01-07-2017 09:17 AM)luvyosef Wrote:  I love these G5 yes-men stating how they "compete" for the same national title. Yeah, sure we all do. Right..............Just say you ain't giving up that CFP money and call it a day. Sick of the G5 being the P5's hooker.

Uh ,you lost ? If we are going to have to listen to mods whine about us bothering your boards then I see no reason we should be civil to you on our own.

Dude, you really need to grow up. These message boards are not life and death. They are merely a tool for people to use to discuss sports. Some of you really want to take this crap too serious. And as long as the "visiting" poster is being respectful aka "civil" there is no reason to be a rude butthead in return.

RE: The truth about G5 playoffs, not the ESPiN version - Mestophalies - 01-07-2017 12:48 PM

That article looks like a Wilkie thread. 03-lmfao

RE: The truth about G5 playoffs, not the ESPiN version - BEAST Football - 01-07-2017 03:29 PM

The takeaway from this should be that the 1st article was from Brett McMurray from ESPiN that spoke on behalf of the "World Wide Leader" in bull sh1t and the second article (this one) probably reflects the way the non-privileged actually fell about thus whole bull sh1t.

This reminds me of What the ESPiN did to the BIG EAST with its propaganda machine before residing to destroy the BIG EAST just before the contract was up for renewal.

I refuse to acknowledge ESPiN and any of its labels, in division 1 football they are only 2 labels that distinguish where you play football... FCS or FBS period. Anything else is all made up by ESPiN.

I only watch games on ESPiN that involve the AAC and that won't change until the AAC is rightfully placed at the same level the old BIG EAST was!

The truth about G5 playoffs, not the ESPiN version - JHS55 - 01-07-2017 03:45 PM

The powers to be want to go to an 8 team playoff and when they do this is when they want to make the final separation from the allied power conferences
I think this is why now we are hearing about a separate playoff, their hoping the idea takes off
I just can't believe so many people in college football want to kill off half of college football, it's just ugly
I just hope I live long enough to see it blow up in their faces
I don't think it can be stopped, it's a runaway train, mybe it will wreck and I want to see it happen