CSNbbs
Grim Reaper Should Hang Himself - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Grim Reaper Should Hang Himself (/thread-803527.html)

Grim Reaper Should Hang Himself - DavidSt - 12-25-2016 06:55 PM

This is a bad year for celebrity deaths. The latest is George Michael formally of Wham. This is the year that have most of the big name stars dying. I am seeing a lot of people cussing at the GR for taken way too many this year.

RE: Grim Reaper Should Hang Himself - Fort Bend Owl - 12-25-2016 07:17 PM

The obituaries that say George Michael of Wham! fame are a bit off I'd say. He had more success or at least a much longer career as a solo artist this his 3 or 4 years with Wham!

You kind of figure AIDS might be the cause here - that or his drug use. It's still sad either way to lose another celebrity at a very young age.

We've had an ongoing thread on celebrity deaths (which have been mostly music but not all) since early this year when we lost David Bowie and Glenn Frey in a short time to each other. Tons more throughout the year, including most notably Prince,

http://csnbbs.com/thread-766225.html

ETA - actually police say his death should be labeled unexplained but not suspicious. That sounds more like an overdose than AIDS.

RE: Grim Reaper Should Hang Himself - Motown Bronco - 12-25-2016 07:18 PM

Man, 2016 claims another one.

RE: Grim Reaper Should Hang Himself - DavidSt - 12-25-2016 07:19 PM

The other day, the bassist for Status Qua died as well. We lost big names in country music like Holly Dunn, Merle Haggard, Sonny James and Jean Shepherd. Lost another Hee Haw cast member and so forth. We almost lost Princess Leia the other day.

RE: Grim Reaper Should Hang Himself - DavidSt - 12-25-2016 09:29 PM

I updated the thread of the most notable deaths of this year. It is not everybody though.

RE: Grim Reaper Should Hang Himself - DefCONNOne - 12-26-2016 12:26 AM

(12-25-2016 06:55 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  This is a bad year for celebrity deaths. The latest is George Michael formally of Wham. This is the year that have most of the big name stars dying. I am seeing a lot of people cussing at the GR for taken way too many this year.

formerly, not formally.

RE: Grim Reaper Should Hang Himself - DefCONNOne - 12-26-2016 12:27 AM

(12-25-2016 07:19 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  The other day, the bassist for Status Qua died as well. We lost big names in country music like Holly Dunn, Merle Haggard, Sonny James and Jean Shepherd. Lost another Hee Haw cast member and so forth. We almost lost Princess Leia the other day.

Seriously, do you read your posts before hitting the "post reply" button?

RE: Grim Reaper Should Hang Himself - Fort Bend Owl - 12-26-2016 01:50 AM

(12-26-2016 12:26 AM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  
(12-25-2016 06:55 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  This is a bad year for celebrity deaths. The latest is George Michael formally of Wham. This is the year that have most of the big name stars dying. I am seeing a lot of people cussing at the GR for taken way too many this year.

formerly, not formally.

You forgot to mention it's Wham! not Wham. Very disrespectful to forget the exclamation point.

RE: Grim Reaper Should Hang Himself - DavidSt - 12-26-2016 08:09 PM

R.I.P.

Liz Smith (High Spirits, Willie Wonka (Johnny Depp) and Young Indiana Jones actress died today. She is a British actress, but been in many movies that US audience knows about. High Spirits also star Steve Guttenberg, Darryl Hannah, Peter O'Toole. Jennifer Tilly, Beverly D'Angelo, Peter Gallagher and Liam Neeson.

George S. Irving cartoon voice actor of Underdog cartoons of the 1960s. Played the brother-in-law of Edith Bunker from All In The Family as a recurring role.

RE: Grim Reaper Should Hang Himself - Lush - 12-27-2016 07:18 AM

i understand your pain. i lost two grandfathers this year

RE: Grim Reaper Should Hang Himself - I45owl - 12-27-2016 08:27 AM

Isn't this thread topic a violation of the AUP?

RE: Grim Reaper Should Hang Himself - DavidSt - 12-27-2016 01:31 PM

(12-27-2016 08:27 AM)I45owl Wrote:  Isn't this thread topic a violation of the AUP?

I think the thread is for us too vent our anger at the Grim Reaper. Sadly, he just claimed Carrie Fisher. :(

RE: Grim Reaper Should Hang Himself - 49RFootballNow - 12-27-2016 01:43 PM

(12-27-2016 01:31 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  
(12-27-2016 08:27 AM)I45owl Wrote:  Isn't this thread topic a violation of the AUP?

I think the thread is for us too vent our anger at the Grim Reaper. Sadly, he just claimed Carrie Fisher. :(

Cocaine claimed Carrie a long time ago. It's only now the bill has come due.

RE: Grim Reaper Should Hang Himself - CliftonAve - 12-27-2016 01:57 PM

^^^ Kind of ironic seeing your signature above consider 2016 took Alan Rickman as well. Just off the top of my head:

Prince
David Bowie
Glenn Frey (The Eagles)
Leonard Cohen
Gene Wilder
Muhammed Ali
Dan Haggerty (Grizzly Adams)
Natalie Cole
Keith Emerson (Emerson, Lake & Palmer)
Garry Shandling
Garry Marshall
Florence Henderson
Vanity
Patty Duke
Abe Vigoda
Gordie Howe
George Kennedy
Joanie "Chyna" Laurer
Blackjack Mullilgan
Doris Roberts
Robert Vaughn
Arnold Palmer
Morley Safer
Nancy Reagan
Doris Roberts
Beth Howland (Vera from Alice)
Pat Harrington, Jr. (Schneider from One Day at a Time)
Maurice White (Earth, Wind & Fire)
John Saunders
John Glenn
Ron Glass (barney Miller)
Antonin Scalia
Kimbo Slice
Pat Summit
Alan Thicke
George Michael
Carrie Fisher

RE: Grim Reaper Should Hang Himself - DavidSt - 12-27-2016 02:28 PM

Richard Adams author of Watership Down is now reported dead at 96.

Marvin Kaplan of Alice fame and co-star with Beth Holland died this year.

RE: Grim Reaper Should Hang Himself - UofMstateU - 12-27-2016 06:34 PM

Abe Vigoda and Ron Glass were both cast members of Barney Miller.

I think Abe had reports of his death occurring back in the 80s.

RE: Grim Reaper Should Hang Himself - C2__ - 12-27-2016 07:10 PM

[Image: 15726510_1763615803961305_49521539030942...e=58DFBBA4]

RE: Grim Reaper Should Hang Himself - GoodOwl - 12-27-2016 08:57 PM

Vigoda and the long-lived ones seem more natural. Shame to see the younger ones like Carrie Fischer and George Michael, who had talent, fame, success and oodles of money and yet they apparently still weren't very happy. Can't help the passing thought of which side of the aisle the preponderance of those were on.

RE: Grim Reaper Should Hang Himself - I45owl - 12-28-2016 02:22 AM

(12-27-2016 01:31 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  

I reread the AUP. It doesn't specifically say encouraging suicide of real or fictional characters is prohibited. My bad.

On that note, it was really creepy going to see Star Wars Rogue One tonight and hearing Darth Vader sound like he's aged dramatically in reverse, and seeing the cameo at the end of the movie (trying to avoid spoilers, and I'll leave it at that).

RE: Grim Reaper Should Hang Himself - HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine - 12-28-2016 04:24 AM

It is a tragedy but I noticed that society has gone overboard in mourning these deaths. All of these celebrities lived amazing lives and most lived to a good age.

If you are going to mourn, mourn the children at St
Jude. I feel like society can't handle death now.