CSNbbs
Sources: Rutgers Expected to Hire Jerry Kill as New OC - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big10bbs (/forum-259.html)
+---- Forum: Big 10 Conference Talk (/forum-167.html)
+---- Thread: Sources: Rutgers Expected to Hire Jerry Kill as New OC (/thread-802875.html)

Sources: Rutgers Expected to Hire Jerry Kill as New OC - Transic_nyc - 12-18-2016 11:40 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/sources-rutgers-expected-to-hire-jerry-kill-as-new-oc/

Quote:The search for an eighth offensive coordinator in eight years appears to be coming to a close as sources have confirmed to us that former Minnesota head coach Jerry Kill is expected to be named the new offensive coordinator, likely at a press conference tomorrow. The news was first reported as rumor by the Scarlet Insiders in last Friday’s edition of the War Room and now multiple sources are confirming this story.

Kill, who retired from his head coaching position at Minnesota due to health reasons, has been expressing strong interest in becoming a coach again. Kill is currently in an administrative role at Kansas State. The former Golden Gophers head coach brings extensive experience to a youthful staff, with 12 seasons as a head coach. His last stint as an offensive coordinator was from 1991-1993 as the OC for Pittsburg State. His offensives at Minnesota featured heavy power run option formations that were able to gain success despite subpar talent. With quarterbacks Giovanni Rescigno and soon to be true freshman Johnathan Lewis, who are both mobile and on the bigger side for quarterbacks, Kill could come in and help establish a heavy run offense with the talent already available to him.

RE: Sources: Rutgers Expected to Hire Jerry Kill as New OC - chrisRU - 12-19-2016 01:04 PM

Fantastic hire, in my opinion. Obviously health is a concern, but I honestly can't think of a better choice that would also be a reasonable hire for RU.

RE: Sources: Rutgers Expected to Hire Jerry Kill as New OC - dbackjon - 12-21-2016 12:51 PM

Great hire - and being OC as opposed to HC should be better for his health.

RE: Sources: Rutgers Expected to Hire Jerry Kill as New OC - GE and MTS - 12-21-2016 08:45 PM

Jerry Kill is a good coach but I don't know if it's a good hire. He's got the health problems so he could be gone for a while at any moment. He's probably looking for a head coaching position and may be competing against the Ash for the head coach position with all his past experience compared to Ash's. It could be good, but there are a few potential pitfalls in my opinion.

RE: Sources: Rutgers Expected to Hire Jerry Kill as New OC - megadrone - 12-26-2016 10:55 AM

(12-21-2016 08:45 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  Jerry Kill is a good coach but I don't know if it's a good hire. He's got the health problems so he could be gone for a while at any moment. He's probably looking for a head coaching position and may be competing against the Ash for the head coach position with all his past experience compared to Ash's. It could be good, but there are a few potential pitfalls in my opinion.

It's a good mentor for Ash though, which was lacking this season. Even if we only get 2 season out of him (which would double the time any of our OCs have served over the last few years), it will help get us over the hump until our hopefully better recruiting can manifest itself on the field.