CSNbbs
Houston's remaining schedule - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Houston's remaining schedule (/thread-792548.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Houston's remaining schedule - fanhood - 09-28-2016 07:16 AM

If Houston gets past Navy on the road, they have a very clear path to being 10-0 going into the last two games.

I predict the Cougars will win a close game at Navy, but will pull away in the 4th qtr, much like they did at Nippert.

In regards to the games vs Louisville and @ Memphis, I think they split them.

Thoughts?

RE: Houston's remaining schedule - acc4life - 09-28-2016 07:23 AM

(09-28-2016 07:16 AM)fanhood Wrote:  If Houston gets past Navy on the road, they have a very clear path to being 10-0 going into the last two games.

I predict the Cougars will win a close game at Navy, but will pull away in the 4th qtr, much like they did at Nippert.

Thoughts?

In my utopia: Oklahoma wins the rest of their games, Louisville beats Clemson, but loses to Houston, who win out as well and make the playoff.

RE: Houston's remaining schedule - CougarRed - 09-28-2016 07:25 AM

Houston's opponents are a cumulative 18-11 against FBS competition. Navy at 19-12. By far the hardest of any remaining undefeated G5 team. Compare:

San Diego St at 7-25
Boise at 8-22
Toledo at 12-20
Air Force 11-19
W Mich at 13-13
Memphis at 15-14

My thought? It is light years easier for Boise, AF, SDSU or Toledo to go undefeated than Houston (or Navy).

RE: Houston's remaining schedule - fanhood - 09-28-2016 07:31 AM

(09-28-2016 07:25 AM)CougarRed Wrote:  Houston's opponents are a cumulative 18-11. Navy at 19-12. By far the hardest of any remaining undefeated G5 team. Compare:

San Diego St at 7-25
Boise at 8-22
Toledo at 12-20
Air Force 11-19
W Mich at 13-13
Memphis at 15-14

My thought? It is light years easier for Boise, AF, SDSU or Toledo to go undefeated than Houston (or Navy).

You are probably right. With that, back to the topic, Houston seems to have a clear path to being 10-0 if they can get by Navy.

Tulsa, SMU, UCF, and Tulane have all been very bad in recent history. the Cougars seem to have a relatively easy schedule in October.

RE: Houston's remaining schedule - fanhood - 09-28-2016 07:32 AM

(09-28-2016 07:23 AM)acc4life Wrote:  
(09-28-2016 07:16 AM)fanhood Wrote:  If Houston gets past Navy on the road, they have a very clear path to being 10-0 going into the last two games.

Thoughts?

In my utopia: Oklahoma wins the rest of their games, Louisville beats Clemson, but loses to Houston, who win out as well and make the playoff.

I hope this happens.....but only if Houston stays in the AAC. Once October 17th comes, and Houston is invited to the Big 12, Houston will become my enemy.

RE: Houston's remaining schedule - WhoseHouse? - 09-28-2016 07:46 AM

This may sound odd, but I'm more worried about the home games against Tulsa and UCF than I am about Navy. That isn't to say I don't think Navy is a good team, I just think we match up better against them. I mean if you watched the game last year, then you'd know how good our defense looked against their run game and I think we've only gotten better in that department. Plus they don't have Keenan Reynolds this year which will certainly help. I still think it'll be a close game but I feel like it'll be one of those games where the outcome is never really in doubt.

As far as Tulsa and UCF go, those games are never for sure games. They've both beaten us in our house before, so I'd look for those games to be dog fights. The Tulsa-UH game will probably be a shootout, with at least 70 points of combined scoring. I know our defense has looked good but our secondary is still a concern and Dane Evans is the caliber of quarterback who will exploit that. If they can play a clean game and avoid the turnovers then it may turn into a nail biter. I still think we'll win because I don't see Tulsa being keep us out of the end zone but they're definitely flying under the radar right now. As for UCF, I've just seen it happen before, so I never overlook them on the schedule.

Lastly, while I personally believe we'll win out this year, it's a definite possibility that we lose one of those two games. If I had to pick between the two I'd much rather lose the UL game, because I can't actually imagine a worse feeling than going undefeated just to lose to Memphis and have our playoff hopes come falling down.

RE: Houston's remaining schedule - pesik - 09-28-2016 08:34 AM

tulsa is 3-1 averaging over 40 points and only loss was ohio state

and tulsa was "bad" for maybe 2 years, they are one of the most winning g5 the last 15 years
they have 2 top 25 finishes the last 10 years...only boise has more than 1 in the mwc in the last 15

ucf was bad 1 year alo has2 recent top 25 finishes (1 top 10)

tulsa could potentially win the mwc this year, at WORST they are the 4th best mwc team.. ucf, tulane and smu would all be 7-8 win teams if they played in the mwc..

i expect us to be 10-0, but saying its a easy road is wrong, every one of them could beat us if we dont bring our A game...

RE: Houston's remaining schedule - acc4life - 09-28-2016 08:38 AM

(09-28-2016 07:32 AM)fanhood Wrote:  
(09-28-2016 07:23 AM)acc4life Wrote:  

Thoughts?

I hope this happens.....but only if Houston stays in the AAC. Once October 17th comes, and Houston is invited to the Big 12, Houston will become my enemy.

That's what happened to me with VT and the Lou, when they left the Big East.

RE: Houston's remaining schedule - fanhood - 09-28-2016 09:24 AM

(09-28-2016 08:34 AM)pesik Wrote:  tulsa is 3-1 averaging over 40 points and only loss was ohio state

and tulsa was "bad" for maybe 2 years, they are one of the most winning g5 the last 15 years
they have 2 top 25 finishes the last 10 years...only boise has more than 1 in the mwc in the last 15

tulsa could potentially win the mwc this year, at WORST they are the 4th best mwc team.. ucf, tulane and smu would all be 7-8 win teams if they played in the mwc..

i expect us to be 10-0, but saying its a easy road is wrong, every one of them could beat us if we dont bring our A game...

Tulsa needed to come back from 31 points down against Fresno that is a horrible, and getting worse football team. Tulsa would be destroyed by BSU, Air Force, and SDSU.

RE: Houston's remaining schedule - TrojanCampaign - 09-28-2016 09:40 AM

(09-28-2016 09:24 AM)fanhood Wrote:  
(09-28-2016 08:34 AM)pesik Wrote:  tulsa is 3-1 averaging over 40 points and only loss was ohio state

Tulsa needed to come back from 31 points down against Fresno that is a horrible, and getting worse football team. Tulsa would be destroyed by BSU, Air Force, and SDSU.

A win is a win.

RE: Houston's remaining schedule - Boca Rocket - 09-28-2016 09:53 AM

Fresno was 0-13 on 3rd down conversions against Toledo.

RE: Houston's remaining schedule - eco challenged - 09-28-2016 09:56 AM

But they did come back down 31-0, on the road. You have no idea if Tulsa would win or lose against the best your conference has at present, but your bluster is topping the meter.

RE: Houston's remaining schedule - shere khan - 09-28-2016 09:56 AM

(09-28-2016 07:46 AM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  This may sound odd, but I'm more worried about the home games against Tulsa and UCF than I am about Navy. That isn't to say I don't think Navy is a good team, I just think we match up better against them. I mean if you watched the game last year, then you'd know how good our defense looked against their run game and I think we've only gotten better in that department. Plus they don't have Keenan Reynolds this year which will certainly help. I still think it'll be a close game but I feel like it'll be one of those games where the outcome is never really in doubt.

As far as Tulsa and UCF go, those games are never for sure games. They've both beaten us in our house before, so I'd look for those games to be dog fights. The Tulsa-UH game will probably be a shootout, with at least 70 points of combined scoring. I know our defense has looked good but our secondary is still a concern and Dane Evans is the caliber of quarterback who will exploit that. If they can play a clean game and avoid the turnovers then it may turn into a nail biter. I still think we'll win because I don't see Tulsa being keep us out of the end zone but they're definitely flying under the radar right now. As for UCF, I've just seen it happen before, so I never overlook them on the schedule.

Lastly, while I personally believe we'll win out this year, it's a definite possibility that we lose one of those two games. If I had to pick between the two I'd much rather lose the UL game, because I can't actually imagine a worse feeling than going undefeated just to lose to Memphis and have our playoff hopes come falling down.
Not odd at all. Its Teh Rivalry

RE: Houston's remaining schedule - pesik - 09-28-2016 10:14 AM

Did you actually watch the game?
Tulsa botched 2 punts and had a fumble.. Fresno started 3 drives inside the Tulsa 20
Don't twist it like Fresno was dominating and Tulsa needed a miracle comeback.. Fresno lucked its way into some points and when Tulsa settled down they completely and utterly dominated Fresno

This is why we love football sometimes the unexpected happens.. but it was evident who was the better team...

And I watched Boise vs wazzu and Oregon state... Boise barely barely beat wazzu, the box score actually showed wazzu outpermoed them.. wazzu was beaten by an fcs
Oregon state is arguably the worst PAC 12 team and it was game throughout..

Boise could go undefeated and it's not because they are undefeated good but because they don't play anyone good

Air Force had a 14 point game with an fcs late in the 3rd quarter and only beat Utah state by 7...

The top MWC teams aren't destroying anyone not sure why you think they'd destroy Tulsa not unless you think Tulsa is giving everyteam they play 3 15 yard drive to start every game

RE: Houston's remaining schedule - CornellCoog - 09-28-2016 10:52 AM

Tulsa is in first in the MWC with wins over San Jose State and Fresno State.

'nuff said.

RE: Houston's remaining schedule - fanhood - 09-28-2016 11:34 AM

(09-28-2016 09:56 AM)eco challenged Wrote:  

But they did come back down 31-0, on the road. You have no idea if Tulsa would win or lose against the best your conference has at present, but your bluster is topping the meter.

Bluster? What bluster?

I agree that the AAC right now is the best G5 conference. I acknowledge that Houston deserves the NYD Bowl Game if going undefeated, and if they go 12-1 with a loss to Louisville. I agree that Top to Bottom the AAC is better than the MW. I even acknowledge that the AAC will continue to get better TV deals.

I simply state that the top of the MW is comparable to the AAC. It is people here that irrationally ignore history and statistics to refute this claim.

Heck, just last year SDSU obliterated one of your mid to top tier programs in a Bowl Game. One example, but provides support to my point that the top of the MW is at least comparable to the top of the AAC doesn't it?

RE: Houston's remaining schedule - cotton1991 - 09-28-2016 11:57 AM

(09-28-2016 10:14 AM)pesik Wrote:  Did you actually watch the game?
Tulsa botched 2 punts and had a fumble.. Fresno started 3 drives inside the Tulsa 20
Don't twist it like Fresno was dominating and Tulsa needed a miracle comeback.. Fresno lucked its way into some points and when Tulsa settled down they completely and utterly dominated Fresno

This is why we love football sometimes the unexpected happens.. but it was evident who was the better team...

And I watched Boise vs wazzu and Oregon state... Boise barely barely beat wazzu, the box score actually showed wazzu outpermoed them.. wazzu was beaten by an fcs
Oregon state is arguably the worst PAC 12 team and it was game throughout..

Boise could go undefeated and it's not because they are undefeated good but because they don't play anyone good

Air Force had a 14 point game with an fcs late in the 3rd quarter and only beat Utah state by 7...

The top MWC teams aren't destroying anyone not sure why you think they'd destroy Tulsa not unless you think Tulsa is giving everyteam they play 3 15 yard drive to start every game

Certainly being down by 31 to Fresno says something about Tulsa, but coming back from 31 and winning also says something.

RE: Houston's remaining schedule - J Coog - 09-28-2016 12:03 PM

If you're trying to refute the statement that Tulsa would be 4th at worst, you might want to name more than three MWC teams. Jus' sayin'.

RE: Houston's remaining schedule - fanhood - 09-28-2016 12:05 PM

(09-28-2016 12:03 PM)J Coog Wrote:  

If you're trying to refute the statement that Tulsa would be 4th at worst, you might want to name more than three MWC teams. Jus' sayin'.

Huh? I was refuting the statement that Tulsa could win the MW. They could not.

RE: Houston's remaining schedule - CougarPoop - 09-28-2016 12:08 PM

G5 v G5 violence.04-chairshot

Enough already...Lot of football left to be played. I'm locking this thread.

Oh Wait...