CSNbbs
North Texas Heat - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: North Texas Heat (/thread-791753.html)

North Texas Heat - gdunn - 09-21-2016 10:40 AM

So I read a blog talking about the kid from UNT that put Florida's QB on the shelf for a few weeks and tore up the SMU QB. I saw comments from UF fans saying the kid should be suspended. Personally he made a clean hit on Del Rio.. Have I missed something?

RE: North Texas Heat - pilot172000 - 09-21-2016 10:51 AM

Florida would rather you just lay down like a good boy when they pay you to play them. They don't like it when Football happens.

RE: North Texas Heat - CurveItAround - 09-21-2016 12:52 PM

Here is the hit on the SMU QB that occurred down field on a QB run. The FU QB was in the pocket when he was tackled. I always thought a shoulder in the gut was pretty much the way you are supposed to do it. If FU land they called this a dirty hit.

[Image: 1473725700-DRC_UNT_vs_SMU2JW.jpg?q=50&am...;amp;w=900]

RE: North Texas Heat - CurveItAround - 09-21-2016 01:09 PM

Here is video on the Del Rio hit. It certainly looks like the FU player kicks the defenders right leg, causing him to trip and start falling into the QB. FU should probably be mad at the TE for getting beat and then tripping the defender.

Definitely hate to see it, but seems a stretch to call it intentional.

Slow Mo of Luke Del Rio Hit

RE: North Texas Heat - pilot172000 - 09-21-2016 01:47 PM

Let them cry. Congrats on the talent UNT!!

RE: North Texas Heat - NorthTexan95 - 09-21-2016 02:43 PM

Is the rule that you can't hit the quarterback below the waist? If so, then the penalty in the UF game was correctly called though it definitely was not intentional. The UF coach said we had been penalized several times for something like that which is a complete lie. We've not been called once for that.

I was at the SMU game and it really didn't look like Matt Davis (SMU quarterback) was injured. At first I thought he just had the wind knocked out. Stinks that he's out for the year but that's football. It would really stink if he got a medical redshirt and we had to play him again next year.

RE: North Texas Heat - HogDawg - 09-21-2016 07:43 PM

(09-21-2016 01:09 PM)CurveItAround Wrote:  Here is video on the Del Rio hit. It certainly looks like the FU player kicks the defenders right leg, causing him to trip and start falling into the QB. FU should probably be mad at the TE for getting beat and then tripping the defender.

Definitely hate to see it, but seems a stretch to call it intentional.

Slow Mo of Luke Del Rio Hit

Looks like football to me.

RE: North Texas Heat - Side Show Joe - 09-21-2016 08:15 PM

The North Texas Defense plays hard, but they also play by the rules. No one on our team goes out targeting QBs. It is just bad luck that the Mean Green have managed to sideline a few QBs this season. I hope it doesn't happen again. I don't anyone suffering a injury.

Florida's fans and especially their coach need to come back to reality and understand that this is a contact sport, and injuries can happen, even against teams they don't expect to have issues with.

Anyone that wants to know more about the situation should watch "Beyond the Green" tomorrow at 4pm central on Fox Sports Southwest. I'm sure they got great video and audio of the yelling match between Littrell and McElwain.

RE: North Texas Heat - MonGNARch - 09-22-2016 06:57 AM

Neither of those hits looks like he was trying to hurt the QB. The SMU one looks like a perfect form tackle (although it is a little low, but not "dirty"), and the Florida one looks like he got tripped. P5 fans/coaches/players seem to forget that they're not the only ones playing FBS football and treat G5 like trash. If their defensive players hit your QB and he got hurt they would say "this is big boy football"

RE: North Texas Heat - gdunn - 09-22-2016 11:18 AM

I think the mindset with the fans was if someone got hurt it was supposed to be a UNT player not a SEC player.

What's funny is this happened at the end of the 3rd quarter.. why was the starting QB still in if they were the superior school.

RE: North Texas Heat - pilot172000 - 09-22-2016 12:49 PM

North Texas has never had a reputation of being a dirty team. I hate the QB's got hurt, but thats the reality of football. Florida fans are typical SEC fans so this should be expected.

RE: North Texas Heat - Side Show Joe - 09-22-2016 03:12 PM

(09-22-2016 11:18 AM)gdunn Wrote:  I think the mindset with the fans was if someone got hurt it was supposed to be a UNT player not a SEC player.

What's funny is this happened at the end of the 3rd quarter.. why was the starting QB still in if they were the superior school.

The reason Florida's starting QB was still in the game is because the Gators were only ahead 19-0 when the 4th quarter started. Our defense played well in the first half, and made great adjustments at halftime. The Gators didn't score a point in the 3rd quarter. Our Defense just got worn out in the 4th. I think they really did a good job last Saturday, especially considering how long they were on the field. It gives me hope for our game at Rice this weekend. If Mason Fine can get our offense going, Rice and some other teams in C-USA might be in trouble.

RE: North Texas Heat - CurveItAround - 09-22-2016 04:09 PM

Not sure how to embed a tweet, but her is a twitter link to video of smoo QB tackle. Could he have blown out his knee himself before the hit? Can't see where his knee got pinned/bent during the tackle. Feel bad for Davis.

https://twitter.com/Eric_Capper/status/779017540773158912

RE: North Texas Heat - NorthTexan95 - 09-22-2016 07:41 PM

(09-22-2016 04:09 PM)CurveItAround Wrote:  Not sure how to embed a tweet, but her is a twitter link to video of smoo QB tackle. Could he have blown out his knee himself before the hit? Can't see where his knee got pinned/bent during the tackle. Feel bad for Davis.

Saw this earlier. It does look like his knee went on the cut before the hit.

RE: North Texas Heat - NorthTexan95 - 09-22-2016 07:42 PM

(09-22-2016 12:49 PM)pilot172000 Wrote:  North Texas has never had a reputation of being a dirty team. I hate the QB's got hurt, but thats the reality of football. Florida fans are typical SEC fans so this should be expected.

Yep. We've had one winning season in the last 11 years. We usually don't hit anyone.

Just thought I'd make that joke before someone else did.

RE: North Texas Heat - HogDawg - 09-22-2016 08:43 PM

(09-22-2016 04:09 PM)CurveItAround Wrote:  Not sure how to embed a tweet, but her is a twitter link to video of smoo QB tackle. Could he have blown out his knee himself before the hit? Can't see where his knee got pinned/bent during the tackle. Feel bad for Davis.

Hell, that SMU QB was RUNNING down field with the football. Nothing dirty about that at all.