CSNbbs
The Fab Five - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: The Fab Five (/thread-787817.html)

Pages: 1 2

The Fab Five - FUT - 08-20-2016 08:22 AM

http://kfor.com/2016/08/19/memphis-creating-football-fab-five-with-okc-preps/

Well this might explain the recruiting results. Do what you gotta do and say what you gotta say to get em on campus. Hope it is not the bulldozer parked on south campus not moving any dirt though.

Quote:The program’s coming off one of its best years ever, and there’s talk the Tigers could join the Big 12.

A great possibility for this group of Okies.

“I do believe it could happen,” Mashburn said. “It should happen because they bring a level of competition that is right up to par with everybody else.”

“Now we’re coming back, and playing the Texas teams, Oklahoma, OSU, so now your parents don’t have to travel too far to come watch you,” Owens said. “They can see you do all that.”

RE: The Fab Five - TxTiger79 - 08-20-2016 08:37 AM

Nice

RE: The Fab Five - DallasTiger - 08-20-2016 08:42 AM

(08-20-2016 08:22 AM)FUT Wrote:  http://kfor.com/2016/08/19/memphis-creating-football-fab-five-with-okc-preps/

Well this might explain the recruiting results. Do what you gotta do and say what you gotta say to get em on campus. Hope it is not the bulldozer parked on south campus not moving any dirt though.

Quote:The program’s coming off one of its best years ever, and there’s talk the Tigers could join the Big 12.

“I do believe it could happen,” Mashburn said. “It should happen because they bring a level of competition that is right up to par with everybody else.”

“Now we’re coming back, and playing the Texas teams, Oklahoma, OSU, so now your parents don’t have to travel too far to come watch you,” Owens said. “They can see you do all that.”
Great story. Thanks for finding and sharing that with us.

The Fab Five - aardWolf - 08-20-2016 08:45 AM

The article is written in an odd way. It says that we recruited all five, but only got commits from four of them. Then it goes on to talk about how all of them will be living together here. :-/

RE: The Fab Five - TIGERBUDDY - 08-20-2016 09:42 AM

02-13-banana Welcome to Memphis FAB FIVE or FAB FOUR or whatever you desire to be called. I hope you get your deserved fill of our fabulous BBQ and contribute in a big way to our successful football program. Make your grades and make your team. Once again, WELCOME !!!!!!

RE: The Fab Five - Brother Bluto - 08-20-2016 09:45 AM

This could be footballs version of the Laurenburg class

RE: The Fab Five - fsquid - 08-20-2016 09:58 AM

(08-20-2016 09:45 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  This could be footballs version of the Laurenburg class

I know little about football recruiting but seriously?

RE: The Fab Five - Bathtub Gin - 08-20-2016 10:01 AM

(08-20-2016 09:45 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  This could be footballs version of the Laurenburg class

Yep. I've heard where OU and OSU fans in that state say that group could be special and they will regret not getting them

RE: The Fab Five - FUT - 08-20-2016 10:12 AM

(08-20-2016 09:58 AM)fsquid Wrote:  

I know little about football recruiting but seriously?

Antonio Anderson, Kareem Cooper, Robert Dozier and Shawne Williams.

So three of those dudes were awesome. I know the WR is supposed to be a game changer. Honestly not sure about the other three (four). And not to be captain obvious but three dudes in basketball can have a much bigger impact than 5 dudes in football.

Still a huge get for Norvell.

RE: The Fab Five - Mimi - 08-20-2016 12:31 PM

Sweet.

RE: The Fab Five - EdmondTiger - 08-20-2016 12:46 PM

Saw it on the ten o'clock news last night. They ran it again several times this morning. Recruiting is huge in Oklahoma. These kids are not also ran recruits. Three of the 5 are ranked on the Oklahoma Super 5 as per the Daily Oklahoman. The U of M couldn't not have paid any amount for this type of positive publicity here in Big XII country. The kids came across great and the city of Memphis and school came across great as well.

RE: The Fab Five - mphsfan - 08-20-2016 12:55 PM

Thanks for posting the article.

I've been curious as to how our staff is addressing the Big 12 with the recruits. It sounds as if, from their comments, that they are being told that it is very possible, but that it's not a done deal. From the comment he sounds like he leaves room for it not to happen.

RE: The Fab Five - DallasTiger - 08-20-2016 01:41 PM

(08-20-2016 08:22 AM)FUT Wrote:  http://kfor.com/2016/08/19/memphis-creating-football-fab-five-with-okc-preps/

(08-20-2016 12:55 PM)mphsfan Wrote:  Thanks for posting the article.

I've been curious as to how our staff is addressing the Big 12 with the recruits. It sounds as if, from their comments, that they are being told that it is very possible, but that it's not a done deal. From the comment he sounds like he leaves room for it not to happen.
My mind was thinking along the same lines. But, I was thinking...do these players know something we don't know yet? They seemed very positive about the Big 12 and Memphis.

RE: The Fab Five - fsquid - 08-20-2016 02:24 PM

I think I'm sold on the fact that we are getting in. There is just way too much smoke out there.

RE: The Fab Five - dan o - 08-20-2016 04:48 PM

Football equivalent would be fab eleven

RE: The Fab Five - ncrdbl1 - 08-20-2016 05:21 PM

This is the time i wish there was an early signing period for football.

RE: The Fab Five - Dynamos - 08-20-2016 05:24 PM

When is Evan Fields committing?

RE: The Fab Five - NDTiger - 08-20-2016 05:31 PM

Sounds like an exciting group. Can we get the 5 Hogs to commit as well and beef up our 2-deep on OL?

RE: The Fab Five - Tiger87 - 08-20-2016 10:39 PM

Staff is knocking it out. I am guessing that if the B12 invitation doesn't come through by February, many of these high level commitments may back out. But if it does come through, we're loading up.

RE: The Fab Five - DallasTiger - 08-21-2016 12:31 PM

(08-20-2016 10:39 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  Staff is knocking it out. I am guessing that if the B12 invitation doesn't come through by February, many of these high level commitments may back out. But if it does come through, we're loading up.
I am still trying to think thought this whole situation. Let's say 5 elite Alabama players say "We are signing with Memphis because they are going to be in the SEC". Here is what would happen.
1. They would get press, radio and TV stories saying these guys are insane.
2. The Memphis coach that said this would probably be taken off of recruiting.
3. The players verbals would not be solid since....Memphis is not getting in the SEC, so their recruiting was a waste of time.

But, this one has had a totally different twist.
1. The recruits are from OK which has OSU and OU as in state Big 12 schools. Has there been any retort from them or the local Oklahoma sports radio stations about "what exactly are those 5 guys drinking these days?"
2. Did the reporter doing the TV interview at any time question their thinking?