CSNbbs
Tiger Games on the Radio - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Tiger Games on the Radio (/thread-787241.html)

Pages: 1 2

Tiger Games on the Radio - TigerinFL - 08-13-2016 09:24 PM

so I am guessing that it's going to be the same old same old that no one can hear any Tiger games via iHeart Radio during the season?

kind of sucks for those of us who live outside the region. 01-lauramac201-lauramac201-lauramac2

at least those in or around Memphis can catch the games on Rock103 this year. audio quality should be much better in that case.

RE: Tiger Games on the Radio - yakko - 08-13-2016 09:31 PM

Same deal as it's been. We've gotta pay to get the streams. I don't know how people don't realize that when WREC was streaming it for free they were doing it in breach of contract. It was nice while it lasted, but I doubt it'll ever go back to free streams. The good news is that the service that the UofM is using now is much better than it was in years past. Still not perfect, but it works a lot better.

RE: Tiger Games on the Radio - TallTiger - 08-13-2016 09:41 PM

Games will be broadcast on Rock 103 this year as well, right??

RE: Tiger Games on the Radio - EarthBoundMisfit - 08-14-2016 12:21 AM

KODI for the win

RE: Tiger Games on the Radio - Brother Bluto - 08-14-2016 09:27 AM

Why would someone pay to listen to Wolo anyway?

RE: Tiger Games on the Radio - Pastnerized - 08-14-2016 09:38 AM

(08-13-2016 09:31 PM)yakko Wrote:  Same deal as it's been. We've gotta pay to get the streams. I don't know how people don't realize that when WREC was streaming it for free they were doing it in breach of contract. It was nice while it lasted, but I doubt it'll ever go back to free streams. The good news is that the service that the UofM is using now is much better than it was in years past. Still not perfect, but it works a lot better.

That's all fine and good.
Still doesn't explain why AAC teams who have contracts with IMG sports ARE STREAMING their product.

Obviously we could be with IMG and streaming.
Instead, we choose to maintain a relationship with Learfield.(sp?)
So, it's not all about being in violation of some damn agreement.

RE: Tiger Games on the Radio - eltigre - 08-14-2016 10:14 AM

(08-14-2016 12:21 AM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  KODI for the win

I tried Kodi once and it was glitchy as crap. I don't recall which build I used but I ended up uninstalling. Any tips, ideas, recommendations?

RE: Tiger Games on the Radio - TxTiger79 - 08-14-2016 12:14 PM

(08-14-2016 09:27 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  Why would someone pay to listen to Wolo anyway?

So fans out of town can hear/watch the games?

RE: Tiger Games on the Radio - yakko - 08-14-2016 12:36 PM

(08-14-2016 09:27 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  Why would someone pay to listen to Wolo anyway?

I don't pay for Wolo. I pay because I'm out of town and can't always be in a place to watch the game on TV.

(08-14-2016 09:38 AM)Pastnerized Wrote:  
(08-13-2016 09:31 PM)yakko Wrote:  Same deal as it's been. We've gotta pay to get the streams. I don't know how people don't realize that when WREC was streaming it for free they were doing it in breach of contract. It was nice while it lasted, but I doubt it'll ever go back to free streams. The good news is that the service that the UofM is using now is much better than it was in years past. Still not perfect, but it works a lot better.

That's all fine and good.
Still doesn't explain why AAC teams who have contracts with IMG sports ARE STREAMING their product.

Obviously we could be with IMG and streaming.
Instead, we choose to maintain a relationship with Learfield.(sp?)
So, it's not all about being in violation of some damn agreement.

That's a question for the AOB folks. All I know is why we can't get free streams right now. Send the school feedback. It is likely that they think things work great for the fans right now and don't know all the complaints that people have because they never hear specific things like this.

RE: Tiger Games on the Radio - EarthBoundMisfit - 08-14-2016 12:40 PM

After going thru this....click on Programs....Config Installer

Then back out and click Programs again. Go to featured plugins...they have some really good ones. SportsDevil has a lot of online games.

If you want ESPN3...pm me...I can help you with that too.

RE: Tiger Games on the Radio - TigerinFL - 08-14-2016 08:18 PM

want to grow your program? want to grow you fan base outside the Memphis Metro?? put the free streams back up.

pretty simple

RE: Tiger Games on the Radio - Brother Bluto - 08-14-2016 08:20 PM

(08-14-2016 12:14 PM)TxTiger79 Wrote:  

So fans out of town can hear/watch the games?

I can follow better on my yahoo app and actually know the down/ distance better than listening to Wolo

RE: Tiger Games on the Radio - BlueTigr01 - 08-14-2016 09:12 PM

Get a sling box and problem solved. Best thing I've ever bought.

RE: Tiger Games on the Radio - TigerinFL - 08-14-2016 10:53 PM

I am no sling box expert but I am not sure sling box would work if you actually live 400 miles outside the Memphis area.

unless I am missing something

RE: Tiger Games on the Radio - Penny Lane - 08-14-2016 11:15 PM

(08-14-2016 09:12 PM)BlueTigr01 Wrote:  Get a sling box and problem solved. Best thing I've ever bought.

Are you referring to Sling app that is used on Roku and Apple TV boxes? If so, what channel would do radio broadcasts? The app costs like $20 per month.

RE: Tiger Games on the Radio - tigernole79 - 08-14-2016 11:36 PM

Y'all do realize that most of the Tiger games will be on tv this year, right?!!

Tiger Games on the Radio - HobosHeroesStCornerClowns - 08-15-2016 02:15 AM

Sling TV app and Slingbox are totally two different things

RE: Tiger Games on the Radio - BlueTigr01 - 08-15-2016 05:47 AM

(08-14-2016 10:53 PM)TigerinFL Wrote:  I am no sling box expert but I am not sure sling box would work if you actually live 400 miles outside the Memphis area.

unless I am missing something

No you're not. What I should have said is problem solved for me. Ha. Will be in destin for Temple and more than likely driving down there during olemiss03-banghead

RE: Tiger Games on the Radio - BlueTigr01 - 08-15-2016 06:53 AM

Why doesn't someone just get a radio and livestream it?

RE: Tiger Games on the Radio - SigEpMike - 08-15-2016 09:38 AM

(08-14-2016 08:18 PM)TigerinFL Wrote:  want to grow your program? want to grow you fan base outside the Memphis Metro?? put the free streams back up.

pretty simple

They can't. The free streams were in violation of existing contracts. Plus, do you really think free radio streams will grow the fan base? Does ANYONE who is not already a fan seek out a streaming broadcast and listen to it? I can see how TV exposure would help (and even streaming on the ESPN app), but I can't imagine anyone would ever just stumble into a streamed radio broadcast and decide to be a fan.