CSNbbs
BAM! Tigers assistant Esposito looks to ‘build a monster’ at Memphis / CA Smith - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: BAM! Tigers assistant Esposito looks to ‘build a monster’ at Memphis / CA Smith (/thread-782170.html)

BAM! Tigers assistant Esposito looks to ‘build a monster’ at Memphis / CA Smith - TIGERCITY - 06-15-2016 02:05 PM

HERE >>

http://www.commercialappeal.com/sports/tigers/basketball/bam-tigers-assistant-coach-joe-esposito-looking-to-build-a-monster-at-memphis-353e30cb-831f-52cc-e05-383125971.html

You see it hash-tagged in new University of Memphis men's basketball assistant coach Joe Esposito's social media posts. He uses it, too, in text messages and conversations with recruits to set himself and his program apart. He wants them to know he's "BAM" at Memphis. BAM, as in, "Building a Monster."...

...Esposito has some experience recruiting Memphis ... [b]ut he's never had the kind of rich talent crop in his backyard that he'll have as a staff member at Memphis, where monster teams have been built on the local talent alone. With the city set to produce several nationally ranked prospects in 2018 and 2019, Esposito knows that one of his most important jobs as an assistant at Memphis will be keeping the best local prospects at home.

"I absolutely love Memphis," Esposito said. "I always looked at it like, 'Wow.' I mean, Memphis seemed like a really cool place, and I knew about the history and all the things that the program did. And, man, I was just ecstatic when Tubby said, 'We're going to Memphis.'

"Tubby's philosophy and our philosophy as a program is you always wanna recruit inside-out. You wanna take care of home base. I could refer to the Minnesota job a little bit because we were able to keep the really good players in Minnesota home. That's an important part, putting that wall around the city.

"At Texas Tech we weren't blessed with the type of talent that could play at that level in the local area. I mean, we had to go out (and recruit outside Lubbock). You had to go out. We had some great players in that area, but you had to go farther. So now here in Memphis, it's exciting to know there's great players here."

RE: BAM! Tigers assistant Esposito looks to ‘build a monster’ at Memphis / CA Smith - tennis2k4 - 06-15-2016 02:07 PM

pope http://csnbbs.com/thread-782150.html

RE: BAM! Tigers assistant Esposito looks to ‘build a monster’ at Memphis / CA Smith - Rodney Carney - 06-15-2016 02:23 PM

I'm a big fan of his music.

RE: BAM! Tigers assistant Esposito looks to ‘build a monster’ at Memphis / CA Smith - 80sTiger - 06-15-2016 02:25 PM

SMH

RE: BAM! Tigers assistant Esposito looks to ‘build a monster’ at Memphis / CA Smith - Smith - 06-15-2016 02:29 PM

(06-15-2016 02:23 PM)Rodney Carney Wrote:  I'm a big fan of his music.

An appropriate tune for BAM

RE: BAM! Tigers assistant Esposito looks to ‘build a monster’ at Memphis / CA Smith - former guest - 06-16-2016 07:31 PM

(06-15-2016 02:07 PM)tennis2k4 Wrote:  pope http://csnbbs.com/thread-782150.html

Um... What happened to the linked thread?

Have we got to reproduce our posts from that one here now?

RE: BAM! Tigers assistant Esposito looks to ‘build a monster’ at Memphis / CA Smith - Merrick - 06-16-2016 08:03 PM

I moved the post because it violated AUP; you cannot take paid content and copy/paste practically all of said article.

RE: BAM! Tigers assistant Esposito looks to ‘build a monster’ at Memphis / CA Smith - former guest - 06-16-2016 10:12 PM

(06-16-2016 08:03 PM)Merrick Wrote:  I moved the post because it violated AUP; you cannot take paid content and copy/paste practically all of said article.

Ok. Thanks. I kinda' wondered about that when I saw it initially.

RE: BAM! Tigers assistant Esposito looks to ‘build a monster’ at Memphis / CA Smith - The Cutter - 06-16-2016 11:03 PM

--- eats pain pills, slits wrists, and runs out into traffic ---

#BAM

RE: BAM! Tigers assistant Esposito looks to ‘build a monster’ at Memphis / CA Smith - Brother Bluto - 06-20-2016 11:32 AM

(06-16-2016 11:03 PM)The Cutter Wrote:  --- eats pain pills, slits wrists, and runs out into traffic ---

#BAM

There's a storm coming

RE: BAM! Tigers assistant Esposito looks to ‘build a monster’ at Memphis / CA Smith - snowtiger - 06-20-2016 11:42 AM

I thought that storm went south.

RE: BAM! Tigers assistant Esposito looks to ‘build a monster’ at Memphis / CA Smith - Brother Bluto - 06-20-2016 01:57 PM

(06-20-2016 11:42 AM)snowtiger Wrote:  I thought that storm went south.

West actually