CSNbbs
Is Houston number one pick now??? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Is Houston number one pick now??? (/thread-780946.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Is Houston number one pick now??? - rosewater - 05-29-2016 09:07 AM

Joseph Duarte (@Joseph_Duarte) tweeted at 6:50 PM on Sat, May 28, 2016:

High ranking UT official tells @kbohls on UH: 'Texas will officially be for it. Realistically I cannot see getting 7 votes in favor however'

In my opinion, with the politics and dynamics of the situation, no one gets in without the Texas vote.

RE: Is Houston number one pick now??? - Borncoog74 - 05-29-2016 09:14 AM

(05-29-2016 09:07 AM)rosewater Wrote:  Joseph Duarte (@Joseph_Duarte) tweeted at 6:50 PM on Sat, May 28, 2016:

High ranking UT official tells @kbohls on UH: 'Texas will officially be for it. Realistically I cannot see getting 7 votes in favor however'

In my opinion, with the politics and dynamics of the situation, no one gets in without the Texas vote.

Absolutely right. No one gets in without Texas vote(s). (UT, TT, TCU, and now likely Baylor who will do whatever the Big Dog says because of the precarious position they are in)

That being said, most think that quote is a BS cover for UT to say "Hey, we tried. We voted for UH, but you still didn't have enough."

They couldn't say that unless they have 3 no votes not counting themselves. Baylor was pro UH previously. With this new found ability to have UT vote for UH and then UH still come up short, leads me to believe that UT now controls the Baylor vote as well.

RE: Is Houston number one pick now??? - Pirate1 - 05-29-2016 10:16 AM

Good luck Coogs your banishment will be over.

Is Houston number one pick now??? - Pony94 - 05-29-2016 10:56 AM

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/29/houston-wants-to-keep-options-open-rather-than-focus-just-on-big-12/

RE: Is Houston number one pick now??? - BigHouston - 05-29-2016 12:43 PM

The big12 is a huge mess... Houston wanting in in a dead walking conference is not what I want for Houston.

RE: Is Houston number one pick now??? - BattleCougarRed_88 - 05-29-2016 12:50 PM

(05-29-2016 12:43 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  The big12 is a huge mess... Houston wanting in in a dead walking conference is not what I want for Houston.

I agree, Houston should push for the Pac 12. 04-cheers

RE: Is Houston number one pick now??? - TripleA - 05-29-2016 12:51 PM

(05-29-2016 12:43 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  The big12 is a huge mess... Houston wanting in in a dead walking conference is not what I want for Houston.

I'm betting if the Big 12 issued an invitation to Houston, your administrators would accept just as fast as they could jump across the table, or through the phone line, to shake hands.

RE: Is Houston number one pick now??? - Westhoff123 - 05-29-2016 01:00 PM

(05-29-2016 12:51 PM)TripleA Wrote:  

I'm betting if the Big 12 issued an invitation to Houston, your administrators would accept just as fast as they could jump across the table, or through the phone line, to shake hands.

No doubt they would. No way they turn down that kind of money.

RE: Is Houston number one pick now??? - BattleCougarRed_88 - 05-29-2016 01:09 PM

I was talking to a friend of mine earlier today when he showed me the tweet about UH.

@ToddStone

UH fans get their wish -- Big 12 dreams dominate the Chronicle's Sunday sports section.

Interesting: If UH joined the Big 12, it would be the second-largest university in the conference in terms of enrollment (42K).

These tweets coming after Red McCombs speaks about UH should be added to the Big XII. Ol' Red being a UT big donor, did he whispered some big donations into Bevo's ear should they extend an invitation to the Cougars?? Crazy theory I know.

RE: Is Houston number one pick now??? - BigHouston - 05-29-2016 01:29 PM

(05-29-2016 01:00 PM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  
(05-29-2016 12:51 PM)TripleA Wrote:  

No doubt they would. No way they turn down that kind of money.

Other than the $$$ of course, playing those other Texas programs is what most want here in Houston too though.

RE: Is Houston number one pick now??? - BearcatJerry - 05-29-2016 01:36 PM

I think that this is Texas being passive-aggressive. They know that the majority of the conference wants expansion but they don't and they are tired of taking heat, so they throw Houston out there because they don't think UH will get anywhere near the threshold to get added. I don't think they really want UH, they just don't want to be seen as being obstructionist and unreasonable. Now they can say, "Hey...We tried too."

RE: Is Houston number one pick now??? - BullsFanInTX - 05-29-2016 01:53 PM

(05-29-2016 01:09 PM)BattleCougarRed_88 Wrote:  Interesting: If UH joined the Big 12, it would be the second-largest university in the conference in terms of enrollment (42K).

Unless either USF or UCF joined. ..both of which are significantly larger than Houston.

RE: Is Houston number one pick now??? - AirRaid - 05-29-2016 02:41 PM

(05-29-2016 01:53 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  
(05-29-2016 01:09 PM)BattleCougarRed_88 Wrote:  Interesting: If UH joined the Big 12, it would be the second-largest university in the conference in terms of enrollment (42K).

Unless either USF or UCF joined. ..both of which are significantly larger than Houston.

Which they won't so Houston

Is Houston number one pick now??? - Knightbengal - 05-29-2016 04:28 PM

(05-29-2016 09:14 AM)Borncoog74 Wrote:  
(05-29-2016 09:07 AM)rosewater Wrote:  Joseph Duarte (@Joseph_Duarte) tweeted at 6:50 PM on Sat, May 28, 2016:

Absolutely right. No one gets in without Texas vote(s). (UT, TT, TCU, and now likely Baylor who will do whatever the Big Dog says because of the precarious position they are in)

That being said, most think that quote is a BS cover for UT to say "Hey, we tried. We voted for UH, but you still didn't have enough."

They couldn't say that unless they have 3 no votes not counting themselves. Baylor was pro UH previously. With this new found ability to have UT vote for UH and then UH still come up short, leads me to believe that UT now controls the Baylor vote as well.

This is how I read that.

RE: Is Houston number one pick now??? - Insane_Baboon - 05-29-2016 05:44 PM

I don't see why this is any surprise. Everywhere I've read for months has said that the non-Texas state schools don't want the conference to be more Texas-centric. The biggest hurdle for another Texas school to get in won't be UT.

RE: Is Houston number one pick now??? - Kronke - 05-29-2016 06:16 PM

(05-29-2016 05:44 PM)Insane_Baboon Wrote:  I don't see why this is any surprise. Everywhere I've read for months has said that the non-Texas state schools don't want the conference to be more Texas-centric. The biggest hurdle for another Texas school to get in won't be UT.

If UT wanted Houston (I can hardly type that with a straight face), would the non-Texas schools vote with Texas to get it done, or vote against because they aren't getting everything they want?

Say that UT signs off on Houston and Cincy. What happens?

RE: Is Houston number one pick now??? - Insane_Baboon - 05-29-2016 06:21 PM

(05-29-2016 06:16 PM)Kronke Wrote:  
(05-29-2016 05:44 PM)Insane_Baboon Wrote:  I don't see why this is any surprise. Everywhere I've read for months has said that the non-Texas state schools don't want the conference to be more Texas-centric. The biggest hurdle for another Texas school to get in won't be UT.

If UT wanted Houston (I can hardly type that with a straight face), would the non-Texas schools vote with Texas to get it done, or vote against because they aren't getting everything they want?

If Houston and Cincy are the best options, I think even the non-Texas schools would go for it.

To be clear, I don't think UT is necessarily favoring UH. I just think the bigger battle will be getting the non Texas schools to sign off on UH. If they do, I think UT will follow suit. (Assuming UH is one of the two teams that makes the most sense to add)

RE: Is Houston number one pick now??? - BattleCougarRed_88 - 05-29-2016 06:40 PM

(05-29-2016 06:21 PM)Insane_Baboon Wrote:  
(05-29-2016 06:16 PM)Kronke Wrote:  

If Houston and Cincy are the best options, I think even the non-Texas schools would go for it.

To be clear, I don't think UT is necessarily favoring UH. I just think the bigger battle will be getting the non Texas schools to sign off on UH. If they do, I think UT will follow suit.

This is becoming quite interesting.

RE: Is Houston number one pick now??? - Hood-rich - 05-29-2016 06:51 PM

(05-29-2016 01:53 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  

Lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

RE: Is Houston number one pick now??? - Hood-rich - 05-29-2016 06:53 PM

Houston + Tulane

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk