CSNbbs
The U - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: The U (/thread-780016.html)

The U - UofToledoFans - 05-15-2016 08:01 PM

.... is a new bar opening where JAX was on Dorr Street next to Jeds. Check it out. It's decked out in UT Rockets fandom. Probably the coolest bar I've ever been in. I will be spending my drink days there from now on. I want to meet with the owner and get a night where they play old Rocket's games with some type of special. It'd be awesome!

RE: The U - eastisbest - 05-15-2016 08:32 PM

Doubt I'd fit the decor and if I do, it doesn't have a chance as a "college bar," lol but go ahead and have mine.

Speaking of campus venues, I REALLY like that Japanese (?) place next to Grad's restaurant. Great food, cook vibe, host and hostesses. However, whoever designed that building for restaurant tenants gets a fail for not putting room in for a foyer. Winter wind just blows in.

RE: The U - H2Oville Rocket - 05-15-2016 09:29 PM

(05-15-2016 08:32 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  Doubt I'd fit the decor and if I do, it doesn't have a chance as a "college bar," lol but go ahead and have mine.

Speaking of campus venues, I REALLY like that Japanese (?) place next to Grad's restaurant. Great food, cook vibe, host and hostesses. However, whoever designed that building for restaurant tenants gets a fail for not putting room in for a foyer. Winter wind just blows in.

Same way with Gradkowski's- waiting for a table can be a survival experience on winter nights.

RE: The U - T4C8 - 05-15-2016 09:42 PM

(05-15-2016 08:01 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  .... is a new bar opening where JAX was on Dorr Street next to Jeds. Check it out. It's decked out in UT Rockets fandom. Probably the coolest bar I've ever been in. I will be spending my drink days there from now on. I want to meet with the owner and get a night where they play old Rocket's games with some type of special. It'd be awesome!

We used to do all of our birthday outings there in college. 15 of us would go in there and be the only people in there on a Saturday night. It was great. The bartender would give us free watered down shots because he was so happy to have tenants

RE: The U - PTLROCK - 05-16-2016 02:14 PM

Any restaurant that embraces the hometown team deserves some patronage. Great news. After all, if we expect the local fans to embrace UT athletics, UT fans should do what they can to embrace these local establishments.

RE: The U - UT! - 05-16-2016 02:28 PM

(05-16-2016 02:14 PM)PTLROCK Wrote:  Any restaurant that embraces the hometown team deserves some patronage. Great news. After all, if we expect the local fans to embrace UT athletics, UT fans should do what they can to embrace these local establishments.

I ll check it out, we need a pure UT sports bar... Grads is too upscale for students and well, me too. Wonder who is behind it.

RE: The U - T4C8 - 05-16-2016 03:31 PM

Great spot for some watch parties if they have adequate tvs

RE: The U - UofToledoFans - 05-16-2016 04:01 PM

(05-16-2016 03:31 PM)T4C8 Wrote:  Great spot for some watch parties if they have adequate tvs

About 30 43inchers with the stickers on em still. More than most college bars.

RE: The U - Terry - 05-16-2016 06:11 PM

(05-16-2016 02:14 PM)PTLROCK Wrote:  Any restaurant that embraces the hometown team deserves some patronage. Great news. After all, if we expect the local fans to embrace UT athletics, UT fans should do what they can to embrace these local establishments.

03-2thumbsup 03-2thumbsup 03-2thumbsup 03-2thumbsup 03-2thumbsup 03-2thumbsup

Epic Applause