CSNbbs
Could these cities host the Summer Olympics - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: Could these cities host the Summer Olympics (/thread-771067.html)

Could these cities host the Summer Olympics - Erictelevision - 02-19-2016 11:39 PM

Would these cities be plausible host cities for the Olympics:

Copenhagen
Jakarta
Johannesburg
Sao Paolo

RE: Could these cities host the Summer Olympics - PirateTreasureNC - 02-20-2016 10:23 AM

Johannesburg might have some merit considering South Africa's successful World Cup hosting a few years ago. I don't know if any African cities would have the infrastructure/finance to build Olympic facilities.

RE: Could these cities host the Summer Olympics - chess - 02-20-2016 10:37 PM

Let's see what happens to Rio after the Olympics and World Cup. The city may never recover.

RE: Could these cities host the Summer Olympics - Gibson Tiger - 02-21-2016 05:25 PM

I think Sao Paolo could eventually host the Olympics if Rio does a good job hosting this year.I think Australia could be used as a model with Melbourne hosting in 1956 & Sydney hosting 44 years later in 2000.Sao Paolo could possibly host by 2052 but I don't think it would sooner than that + Buenos Aires might be a better target in South America for the future.

RE: Could these cities host the Summer Olympics - Lush - 02-22-2016 06:28 PM

i know jack sh!t about the cities, but osaka, singapore, delhi, hong kong all seem like potential is there in the asain market. santiago, buenos aires, medellin for latin america. toronto, chicago, houston/dallas, miami etc... north america. berlin, prague, moscow, but europe poses a massive terrorist possibility. for africa, casablanca? joburg would be a nightmare

RE: Could these cities host the Summer Olympics - Erictelevision - 02-22-2016 06:38 PM

Lush: if you don't know ANYTHING about these cities: WHY DID YOU BOTHER TO POST?!

RE: Could these cities host the Summer Olympics - Lush - 02-22-2016 08:35 PM

(02-22-2016 06:38 PM)Erictelevision Wrote:  Lush: if you don't know ANYTHING about these cities: WHY DID YOU BOTHER TO POST?!

ha