CSNbbs
Pastner has ruined my favorite time of year in sports - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Pastner has ruined my favorite time of year in sports (/thread-770055.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Pastner has ruined my favorite time of year in sports - Penny Lane - 02-10-2016 11:09 PM

He is making a joke of our program. He knows he is guaranteed his millions. I truly think he cared until about 7-8 games ago; now that he doesn't, he has trashed our accomplishments, bragged about what he has done in his 7 years (nothing worth bragging about) and doesn't care now whether we win or lose because he has his $10M no matter what and public pressure has broken him.

It disgusts me to see him tell the players to go out and have a good time and give up 98 points and not coach a lick; and play guys who are not ready so we lose NOW. This will the the best team he will have before he is gone.

He has taken away the thing I love the most in sports: the NCAA tournament with the Tigers in it. My disdain for him borders on hate but I can't allow that. But I will be miserable during the Tournament.

RE: Pastner has ruined my favorite time of year in sports - snowtiger - 02-11-2016 01:59 AM

We didn't get in the NIT tourney last year either. We were waiting for this year.

RE: Pastner has ruined my favorite time of year in sports - GoeTygers - 02-11-2016 02:40 AM

(02-10-2016 11:09 PM)Penny Lane Wrote:  He is making a joke of our program. He knows he is guaranteed his millions. I truly think he cared until about 7-8 games ago; now that he doesn't, he has trashed our accomplishments, bragged about what he has done in his 7 years (nothing worth bragging about) and doesn't care now whether we win or lose because he has his $10M no matter what and public pressure has broken him.

It disgusts me to see him tell the players to go out and have a good time and give up 98 points and not coach a lick; and play guys who are not ready so we lose NOW. This will the the best team he will have before he is gone.

He has taken away the thing I love the most in sports: the NCAA tournament with the Tigers in it. My disdain for him borders on hate but I can't allow that. But I will be miserable during the Tournament.

I 100% feel the same way. My disdain for him is complete and total hate at this point.

RE: Pastner has ruined my favorite time of year in sports - It's our time - 02-11-2016 09:22 AM

I was telling my wife the same thing just the other day. Tournament time was electric back in the day. You watched the Tigers, you watched the teams who would play the tigers, you watched the top 20 to see who we might match up against in the tournament. Who do we best match up against? Who do we need to avoid? What seed will we get? Oh---and go to hell Louisville. Now---I don't watch anyone. I don't know how I can enter the office pool with any more knowledge than the co-worker who chooses teams based on mascot. Maybe I'll do better. But it sure isn't the same.

RE: Pastner has ruined my favorite time of year in sports - UofMemphis - 02-11-2016 09:26 AM

I guess since I grew up with the end of Larry Finch...Tic Price...and Johnny Jones...I know for a fact it can get worse...because I've seen it.

RE: Pastner has ruined my favorite time of year in sports - eltigre - 02-11-2016 09:35 AM

At least pitchers and catchers report soon. Tourney time fever has been in the crapper for several years now.

RE: Pastner has ruined my favorite time of year in sports - 450bench - 02-11-2016 10:11 AM

I agree with the OP. Regarding the tic/Johnny era, I would venture to say that the current situation is worse. It's one thing to be a coach that leaves a lot to be desired on the court and it's another thing to not know what you're doing on every level of the job thus being completely incompetent. Plus now the stakes are much higher monetarily.
I can't remember this much head shaking anger. Ever.

RE: Pastner has ruined my favorite time of year in sports - Smith - 02-11-2016 10:34 AM

Johnny Jones was a decent coach. Would love to have him now.

RE: Pastner has ruined my favorite time of year in sports - Smith - 02-11-2016 10:35 AM

Cheer up, We're a football school now.

RE: Pastner has ruined my favorite time of year in sports - ncrdbl1 - 02-11-2016 10:54 AM

(02-10-2016 11:09 PM)Penny Lane Wrote:  He is making a joke of our program. He knows he is guaranteed his millions. I truly think he cared until about 7-8 games ago; now that he doesn't, he has trashed our accomplishments, bragged about what he has done in his 7 years (nothing worth bragging about) and doesn't care now whether we win or lose because he has his $10M no matter what and public pressure has broken him.

Saddens me when people get online and post total BS because they have an agenda and do not look at the reality of the game. The second highest scoring team in the AAC had one guy who went off hitting everything he threw up. Even when double teamed and a short shot clock. Anyone guarding him was called for tick tack fouls. Crawford was standing straight up NOT reaching at all and Pollard shot a fade away shot and Crawford called for foul.

We still shot 49% from the field with as many baskets as UH. Shot 41% from the 3 point line with just as many 3 point baskets as UH. Owned the boards. And even shot 83% from the FT line. Our turnover level was below our average.

There were so many positives that came out of last nights game and the players and coaches are sick by the way it ended. And why it ended that way. So why not just pile on and celebrate another loss because it fits your agenda.

RE: Pastner has ruined my favorite time of year in sports - VinnieVegas - 02-11-2016 10:56 AM

(02-11-2016 10:54 AM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  

Saddens me when people get online and post total BS because they have an agenda and do not look at the reality of the game. The second highest scoring team in the AAC had one guy who went off hitting everything he threw up. Even when double teamed and a short shot clock. Anyone guarding him was called for tick tack fouls. Crawford was standing straight up NOT reaching at all and Pollard shot a fade away shot and Crawford called for foul.

We still shot 49% from the field with as many baskets as UH. Shot 41% from the 3 point line with just as many 3 point baskets as UH. Owned the boards. And even shot 83% from the FT line. Our turnover level was below our average.

There were so many positives that came out of last nights game and the players and coaches are sick by the way it ended. And why it ended that way. So why not just pile on and celebrate another loss because it fits your agenda.

Wow

RE: Pastner has ruined my favorite time of year in sports - Dylan - 02-11-2016 10:57 AM

(02-11-2016 09:26 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  I guess since I grew up with the end of Larry Finch...Tic Price...and Johnny Jones...I know for a fact it can get worse...because I've seen it.

Uh, the last two years is worse than Tic and Johnny, you realize that right? If you don't believe me, just go check the numbers.

In the two years that Tic was here, he was 2-13 against the top 50.

In the last two years, Josh is 0-15.

Tic had 25 wins against the top 200, Josh has 13.

19 of Josh's wins are against teams over 200 in the RPI. 19 of the 32 wins.

The schedule has been dumbed down, and the conference is easier now than it was then.

And the last three years of Coach Finch were sweet 16, first round exit, NIT.

Kinda think you don't really remember that time.

RE: Pastner has ruined my favorite time of year in sports - tiger1016 - 02-11-2016 10:58 AM

I can't even imagine what would have happened if their best player played. They might have scored 120. I can't believe you are falling for the Pastner excuses that their offense was so great that our defense couldn't do sh!t for 20 mins.

RE: Pastner has ruined my favorite time of year in sports - HoopDreams - 02-11-2016 11:13 AM

(02-11-2016 10:57 AM)Dylan Wrote:  
(02-11-2016 09:26 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  I guess since I grew up with the end of Larry Finch...Tic Price...and Johnny Jones...I know for a fact it can get worse...because I've seen it.

Uh, the last two years is worse than Tic and Johnny, you realize that right? If you don't believe me, just go check the numbers.

The schedule has been dumbed down, and the conference is easier now than it was then.

What I posted in the game thread:

While I would never want Tic back nor would I ever say he's a good coach, the guy is 192-156 overall at 4 jobs, but we all know there were underlying issues with him at Memphis.

Somehow he got both New Orleans and McNeese State to the NCAA Tournament as well.

Like I said, there's nothing special about his abilities, but one of his main problems on the court was handling personalities and trying dumb crap - he couldn't keep Detric Golden, Dinno Daniels or Snap Hunter in school and he tried Omar Sneed at SF for about a month in his second year.

He really should've been better than he was at Memphis but hindsight tells us there were many reasons for that.

RE: Pastner has ruined my favorite time of year in sports - HoopDreams - 02-11-2016 11:14 AM

(02-11-2016 10:58 AM)tiger1016 Wrote:  

I can't even imagine what would have happened if their best player played. They might have scored 120. I can't believe you are falling for the Pastner excuses that their offense was so great that our defense couldn't do sh!t for 20 mins.

He's trolling, amigo.

Best to just ignore until Pastner and a few acolytes exit the building.

RE: Pastner has ruined my favorite time of year in sports - HoopDreams - 02-11-2016 11:18 AM

(02-11-2016 10:57 AM)Dylan Wrote:  In the two years that Tic was here, he was 2-13 against the top 50. In the last two years, Josh is 0-15.

[Image: knockout.gif]

RE: Pastner has ruined my favorite time of year in sports - UofMemphis - 02-11-2016 11:24 AM

(02-11-2016 10:57 AM)Dylan Wrote:  

I think it's sad we're reduced to debating which run of suck was worse...

moreover, I said "end of Larry Finch...Tic Price...and Johnny Jones"

97: 16-15
98: 17-12
99: 13-15
00: 15-16

61-58...4 years of suck

besides, I doubt Josh's tenure ends with an affair, a forced resignation, and an interim HC...that took it to a whole new level

RE: Pastner has ruined my favorite time of year in sports - tigersroll - 02-11-2016 11:26 AM

just "wow" is all I can say.

RE: Pastner has ruined my favorite time of year in sports - tiger1016 - 02-11-2016 11:47 AM

(02-11-2016 11:14 AM)HoopDreams Wrote:  
(02-11-2016 10:58 AM)tiger1016 Wrote:  

He's trolling, amigo.

Best to just ignore until Pastner and a few acolytes exit the building.

Ha...you may be right :)

RE: Pastner has ruined my favorite time of year in sports - ZachMan - 02-11-2016 11:49 AM

This will all be over in about a month