CSNbbs
Wow, what a time for Memphis to wake up... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Wow, what a time for Memphis to wake up... (/thread-769559.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Wow, what a time for Memphis to wake up... - C2__ - 02-06-2016 02:19 PM

They knock Cincy down a notch after their season looked to be over. That 11 A.M. road start time did them no favors.

The AAC as a 1-bid league, could it happen?

RE: Wow, what a time for Memphis to wake up... - UofMemphis - 02-06-2016 02:22 PM

Memphis @ Houston looks to be a war....

RE: Wow, what a time for Memphis to wake up... - HuskyU - 02-06-2016 02:23 PM

(02-06-2016 02:19 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  They knock Cincy down a notch after their season looked to be over. That 11 A.M. road start time did them no favors.

If UCONN wins the conference tourney..perhaps..

But I think Cincinnati will rebound and still get an at-large bid.

Temple and their Jekyll and Hyde mentality is still a threat to win the conference tourney.

RE: Wow, what a time for Memphis to wake up... - M1T4 - 02-06-2016 02:26 PM

(02-06-2016 02:23 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 02:19 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  They knock Cincy down a notch after their season looked to be over. That 11 A.M. road start time did them no favors.

If UCONN wins the conference tourney..perhaps..

But I think Cincinnati will rebound and still get an at-large bid.

Temple and their Jekyll and Hyde mentality is still a threat to win the conference tourney.

No way is Cincy a at large. They have 1-2 more probable losses on their schedule coming

RE: Wow, what a time for Memphis to wake up... - C2__ - 02-06-2016 02:28 PM

I wouldn't say no way but today was a crucial loss.

RE: Wow, what a time for Memphis to wake up... - M1T4 - 02-06-2016 02:29 PM

(02-06-2016 02:28 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  I wouldn't say no way but today was a crucial loss.

They were a projected 10 seed. This loss will kill that.

RE: Wow, what a time for Memphis to wake up... - HuskyU - 02-06-2016 02:33 PM

Cincinnati prior to this game was on the right side of the bubble. The loss means they are now on the wrong side of the bubble. They are still very much in the game...especially given the soft bubble this year.

RE: Wow, what a time for Memphis to wake up... - steves - 02-06-2016 02:33 PM

(02-06-2016 02:22 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  Memphis @ Houston looks to be a war....

Why ... is Pastner staying home.03-lmfao

Re: Wow, what a time for Memphis to wake up... - shere khan - 02-06-2016 02:46 PM

Drinks on BC1.

No matter the sport,
No matter conference
No matter how bad we are

Cincy is always our little brother

UC lil bro status

__x__ confirmed
______denied

RE: Wow, what a time for Memphis to wake up... - bearcatmark - 02-06-2016 02:47 PM

Not sure Memphis woke up so much as Cincinnati sleptwalked through the first half. No effort at all the first 20 minutes. Memphis got every loose ball. Embarassing effort and Memphis is talented enough to take advantage.

UC finally at least played hard the second half and if they missed some of the many WIDE WIDE WIDE open threes they got they win the game, but you can't expect to win with the complete noshow first half we saw tonight. Pastner and the boys tried to give it away running just an awful set up 1 with about a minute to go, and having to throw up a desperation fade away three... BUT they made it and were able to hold on.

Good win for Memphis who still won't be dancing (no way does a Pastner coach team win the AAC tournament), but I by know means saw anything from them that made me think a good team that plays with focus and effort won't beat them.

RE: Wow, what a time for Memphis to wake up... - HuskyU - 02-06-2016 02:48 PM

UCONN WBB would beat Memphis MBB. 05-stirthepot 02-13-banana 03-lmfao

RE: Wow, what a time for Memphis to wake up... - bearcatmark - 02-06-2016 02:49 PM

(02-06-2016 02:46 PM)shere khan Wrote:  Drinks on BC1.

No matter the sport,
No matter conference
No matter how bad we are

UC lil bro status

__x__ confirmed
______denied

I still remember the Final Four season where UC beat "big brother" Memphis 4 times (including the Elite Eight bloodbath). That was a doozy. Van Exel just owning Penny time after time.

RE: Wow, what a time for Memphis to wake up... - oldtiger - 02-06-2016 02:58 PM

i realize that he gets a lot of respect and his record is good, but I've never been a fan of Cronin. The Bearcats played very hard the second half and the Tigers were fortunate to win.

RE: Wow, what a time for Memphis to wake up... - Tim Johnson - 02-06-2016 02:59 PM

Congratulations Memphis on the win.

RE: Wow, what a time for Memphis to wake up... - C2__ - 02-06-2016 03:00 PM

(02-06-2016 02:47 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Not sure Memphis woke up so much as Cincinnati sleptwalked through the first half. No effort at all the first 20 minutes. Memphis got every loose ball. Embarassing effort and Memphis is talented enough to take advantage.

UC finally at least played hard the second half and if they missed some of the many WIDE WIDE WIDE open threes they got they win the game, but you can't expect to win with the complete noshow first half we saw tonight. Pastner and the boys tried to give it away running just an awful set up 1 with about a minute to go, and having to throw up a desperation fade away three... BUT they made it and were able to hold on.

Good win for Memphis who still won't be dancing (no way does a Pastner coach team win the AAC tournament), but I by know means saw anything from them that made me think a good team that plays with focus and effort won't beat them.

That 11 AM start time was critical and it showed. If Cincy played like they did in the second half all game, it would have been a blowout.

RE: Wow, what a time for Memphis to wake up... - rtaylor - 02-06-2016 03:00 PM

No matter the sport,
No matter conference
No matter how bad we are

UC lil bro status

__x__ confirmed
______denied

Poor effort as we own the all time series in Basketball. Your trolls are getting lamer and lamer, might be time to go back into hibernation. I hope this win saves Pastners job.

RE: Wow, what a time for Memphis to wake up... - NYCTUFan - 02-06-2016 03:00 PM

It could definitely happen. I think the best we can hope for is 2.

RE: Wow, what a time for Memphis to wake up... - oldtiger - 02-06-2016 03:03 PM

(02-06-2016 02:49 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

No matter the sport,
No matter conference
No matter how bad we are

UC lil bro status

__x__ confirmed
______denied

I still remember the Final Four season where UC beat "big brother" Memphis 4 times (including the Elite Eight bloodbath). That was a doozy. Van Exel just owning Penny time after time.

Even with a better line-up, it's hard for one talented college team to beat another talented college team 4 times in a season. The Bearcats sure did it that year, that was a very good Tiger team.

Re: RE: Wow, what a time for Memphis to wake up... - shere khan - 02-06-2016 03:05 PM

(02-06-2016 03:00 PM)rtaylor Wrote:  

No matter the sport,
No matter conference
No matter how bad we are

UC lil bro status

__x__ confirmed
______denied

Poor effort as we own the all time series in Basketball. Your trolls are getting lamer and lamer, might be time to go back into hibernation. I hope this win saves Pastners job.

Harsh

RE: Wow, what a time for Memphis to wake up... - M1T4 - 02-06-2016 03:12 PM

(02-06-2016 03:00 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 02:47 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Not sure Memphis woke up so much as Cincinnati sleptwalked through the first half. No effort at all the first 20 minutes. Memphis got every loose ball. Embarassing effort and Memphis is talented enough to take advantage.

That 11 AM start time was critical and it showed. If Cincy played like they did in the second half all game, it would have been a blowout.
I wouldn't go that far as to say a blowout. Memphis and Cincy just reversed roles for 2 halves