CSNbbs
College athletes at Olympics - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: College athletes at Olympics (/thread-769216.html)

College athletes at Olympics - Erictelevision - 02-03-2016 11:11 PM

If a college athlete is good enough to go to the Olympics, how are they treated once they come back? I acknowledge they won't get the regard of football or men's hoops athletes, but do they get celebrated at all?

RE: College athletes at Olympics - PirateTreasureNC - 02-03-2016 11:28 PM

(02-03-2016 11:11 PM)Erictelevision Wrote:  If a college athlete is good enough to go to the Olympics, how are they treated once they come back? I acknowledge they won't get the regard of football or men's hoops athletes, but do they get celebrated at all?

Not sure how it goes now... they either get pros for sports like hockey, basketball, ect... or go with non-college players for others..... I guess some of the actual "olympic" sports like Track and Field and wrestling might take college players.... I can't really say as I have never known an Olympian.

RE: College athletes at Olympics - Erictelevision - 02-03-2016 11:50 PM

Yeah, I was most interested in (Para)lympic swimmers.

RE: College athletes at Olympics - C2__ - 02-04-2016 01:51 AM

Possibly to your surprise, many of the Olympic athletes from other countries train here in the US at colleges and universities. Schools like, UCLA, Arizona, Texas and USC have a disproportionate amount of athletes at the Olympics, both domestically and abroad.

RE: College athletes at Olympics - Erictelevision - 02-04-2016 02:34 AM

Yeah, that MILDLY surprises me. The only sports it really happens in seems to be swimming and track.

RE: College athletes at Olympics - C2__ - 02-05-2016 01:50 AM

Yep, track is most well known for it. Surprisingly, Usain Bolt didn't come to the US and trained exclusively in Jamaica at the University of Technology.