CSNbbs
The silliest of silly seasons - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: The silliest of silly seasons (/thread-759504.html)

Pages: 1 2

The silliest of silly seasons - Usajags - 11-23-2015 08:17 PM

This year could be a record of job openings in FBS. If your coach is having any success, be afraid, be very afraid that they won't be there next season. I'm not worried as CJJ has been a sub .500 coach since becoming FBS.

Are any of you worried??? And for those that have already fired your coach(ULM) is there anyone on the free market you would get excited about coming to your school???

RE: The silliest of silly seasons - GaSoEagle - 11-23-2015 09:31 PM

The thing is that the 13 open positions may hire from other program head coaches in FBS so in reality there may be more than the 13 FBS jobs open.

RE: The silliest of silly seasons - Usajags - 11-23-2015 10:02 PM

Once it all settles out, there could be as many as 30 new FBS a coaches next season. And by that, I mean 30 at new schools. And who knows how many FCS schools get raided and hire new coaches. You got to figure this is the year the Alabama coaching staff gets raided of atleast 3 coaches, Kiffin, Smart and Cristabol(sp).

Gonna be very interesting to see where everyone lands and who some teams end up with.

There seems to be new jobs every day with coaches getting fired or resigning.

RE: The silliest of silly seasons - Fanof49ASU - 11-23-2015 10:24 PM

I would hate to be searching for a coach right now.

RE: The silliest of silly seasons - GaSoEagle - 11-23-2015 10:28 PM

I would expect by Christmas the 13 vacancies will be filled

RE: The silliest of silly seasons - geauxcajuns - 11-23-2015 10:33 PM

College Openings:
Southern Cal (Sarkisian fired)
South Carolina (Spurrier retired)
Missouri (Pinkel retiring)
Miami (Golden fired)
Virginia Tech (Beamer retiring)
Maryland (Edsall fired)
Illinois (Beckman fired)
Iowa State (Rhoads fired)
UCF (O'Leary resigned)
Hawaii (Chow fired)
North Texas (McCarney fired)
Louisiana-Monroe (Berry fired)
Syracuse (Shafer fired)

All signs point to Les Miles getting canned too.

RE: The silliest of silly seasons - Tom in Lazybrook - 11-23-2015 10:36 PM

Hopefully those with stable coaching situations can take advantage of that to coax out commitments from the schools switching coaches.

RE: The silliest of silly seasons - GaSoEagle - 11-23-2015 10:37 PM

Honestly there are 3-4 on that list I could see Fritz or Satterfield being candidates for

The silliest of silly seasons - boroeagle2 - 11-23-2015 11:12 PM

(11-23-2015 10:37 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  Honestly there are 3-4 on that list I could see Fritz or Satterfield being candidates for

Maybe not direct candidates, but if Herman, Fuentes, Navy's coach, or other high G5s get pulled up, their could definitely be a trickle down.

The silliest of silly seasons - arkstfan - 11-24-2015 12:08 AM

Here's my question. There are some jobs you can't go to from certain jobs.
You can't go from AState to UArk. You can't go from USM to Ole Miss. That would mean validating the existence of the other school.

Can you go from App to UNC or from GaSo to UGA?

Fedora I think is going to flee Chapel Hill last numbers I saw his asst budget was around $2 million and there are a bunch of open jobs where he can get a raise.

Starting to look like time is up in Athens.

RE: The silliest of silly seasons - Usajags - 11-24-2015 05:27 AM

(11-23-2015 10:33 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  College Openings:
Southern Cal (Sarkisian fired)
South Carolina (Spurrier retired)
Missouri (Pinkel retiring)
Miami (Golden fired)
Virginia Tech (Beamer retiring)
Maryland (Edsall fired)
Illinois (Beckman fired)
Iowa State (Rhoads fired)
UCF (O'Leary resigned)
Hawaii (Chow fired)
North Texas (McCarney fired)
Louisiana-Monroe (Berry fired)
Syracuse (Shafer fired)

All signs point to Les Miles getting canned too.

Minnisota(Kill retired) but I think they have ripped the interim tag off their guy.

RE: The silliest of silly seasons - NashvilleEagle - 11-24-2015 11:10 AM

(11-24-2015 12:08 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  Here's my question. There are some jobs you can't go to from certain jobs.
You can't go from AState to UArk. You can't go from USM to Ole Miss. That would mean validating the existence of the other school.

Fedora I think is going to flee Chapel Hill last numbers I saw his asst budget was around $2 million and there are a bunch of open jobs where he can get a raise.

I highly doubt it. Although they offered the job to Erk in 1988 but he had deep UGA ties. Fritz to UGA would be highly unlikely. Not sure about app / unc.

RE: The silliest of silly seasons - Eagle22 - 11-24-2015 11:48 AM

(11-24-2015 12:08 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  Here's my question. There are some jobs you can't go to from certain jobs.

In the right setting, it can happen and even make sense. My best example is with Tressel when he went from Youngstown to Ohio State.

The only way that happened, IMO, was because Tressel had long ties to the state and his Penguin programs were modeled so similar in style to Ohio State.

Georgia and Georgia Southern are so different in offensive styles I think you'd see a full on revolt if the Bulldogs deviated from such an offensive identity.

Most Bulldog fans I know want to sign all 4 and 5 star players, have their teams win SEC championships and National championships, then go onto NFL Hall-of-Fame careers. In other words, they're fairly delusional.

RE: The silliest of silly seasons - arkstfan - 11-24-2015 01:38 PM

(11-24-2015 11:48 AM)Eagle22 Wrote:  

In the right setting, it can happen and even make sense. My best example is with Tressel when he went from Youngstown to Ohio State.

The only way that happened, IMO, was because Tressel had long ties to the state and his Penguin programs were modeled so similar in style to Ohio State.

Georgia and Georgia Southern are so different in offensive styles I think you'd see a full on revolt if the Bulldogs deviated from such an offensive identity.

Most Bulldog fans I know want to sign all 4 and 5 star players, have their teams win SEC championships and National championships, then go onto NFL Hall-of-Fame careers. In other words, they're fairly delusional.

Pfft. UArk fans are convinced that if they played AState they would quit winning national championships and sink to mediocrity going to bottom tier SEC bowls. 03-yawn

RE: The silliest of silly seasons - ark30inf - 11-24-2015 01:52 PM

(11-24-2015 01:38 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  Pfft. UArk fans are convinced that if they played AState they would quit winning national championships and sink to mediocrity going to bottom tier SEC bowls. 03-yawn

It's really a compliment. They believe that playing Arkansas State will "force fans to choose" which will result in half of their fan base flipping and "divide the state".

Apparently A-State is so powerful that it holds the fate of an SEC West team in its hands and must be avoided at all costs. We are kryptonite.

RE: The silliest of silly seasons - gsu95 - 11-24-2015 05:13 PM

(11-24-2015 01:52 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(11-24-2015 01:38 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  Pfft. UArk fans are convinced that if they played AState they would quit winning national championships and sink to mediocrity going to bottom tier SEC bowls. 03-yawn

It's really a compliment. They believe that playing Arkansas State will "force fans to choose" which will result in half of their fan base flipping and "divide the state".

Apparently A-State is so powerful that it holds the fate of an SEC West team in its hands and must be avoided at all costs. We are kryptonite.

I honestly think Arkansas should go back to the Southwest Conference.

RE: The silliest of silly seasons - Fanof49ASU - 11-24-2015 07:21 PM

(11-24-2015 05:13 PM)gsu95 Wrote:  

I honestly think Arkansas should go back to the Southwest Conference.

Or even better... "go the way of the Southwest conference".

RE: The silliest of silly seasons - BRtransplant - 11-27-2015 07:59 AM

UArk has AState exactly where they want you. They have absolutely nothing to win, and everything to lose by playing you guys. It sucks for AState, but I totally understand UArk's position. It isn't personal, it's business.

RE: The silliest of silly seasons - chiefsfan - 11-27-2015 11:15 AM

(11-27-2015 07:59 AM)BRtransplant Wrote:  

UArk has AState exactly where they want you. They have absolutely nothing to win, and everything to lose by playing you guys. It sucks for AState, but I totally understand UArk's position. It isn't personal, it's business.

Where UArk wants AState is in FCS. The fact that we are about to make our 5th straight bowl, and we've done something they've never done (Win Bowl games in consecutive seasons) is not helpful to them.

They've tried multiple times in the last 20 years to send us back to FCS...and failed every time. The fact that we've sort of taken Jonesboro over, and have begun to get dedicated time in Little Rock media, and as we embark on our 5th straight bowl game in a couple weeks is an alarming issue for them.

RE: The silliest of silly seasons - ark30inf - 11-27-2015 12:26 PM

(11-27-2015 07:59 AM)BRtransplant Wrote:  UArk has AState exactly where they want you. They have absolutely nothing to win, and everything to lose by playing you guys. It sucks for AState, but I totally understand UArk's position. It isn't personal, it's business.

With their business model....it certainly makes sense.

They are a world-class t-shirt marketing firm that tries to play a little SEC football on the side. Someday maybe their dream will come true and they move the whole university to the Dallas market and finally leave the rubes behind.