CSNbbs
OT-Judgemental Maps (mildly NSFW) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: OT-Judgemental Maps (mildly NSFW) (/thread-758721.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

OT-Judgemental Maps (mildly NSFW) - boroeagle2 - 11-19-2015 01:00 PM

I found these because someone shared the Atlanta one and it was mildly amusing:

[Image: tumblr_nozntiMvC11s4df8ko1_r1_1280.png]

Was surprised to see another Sun Belt city represented as well:
[Image: tumblr_nihiyzOMPI1s4df8ko1_1280.png]

Click here to see more if you like
http://judgmentalmaps.com/

RE: OT-Judgemental Maps (mildly NSFW) - Baldy - 11-19-2015 02:32 PM

Awesome. And quite accurate. 03-lmfao

Hate to see they left off Chambodia, though. 05-nono

RE: OT-Judgemental Maps (mildly NSFW) - panama - 11-19-2015 03:25 PM

Japan should be Korea...but well done

RE: OT-Judgemental Maps (mildly NSFW) - boroeagle2 - 11-19-2015 04:01 PM

Panama, you're an ATL guy, and I just moved here from the Boro. What's the significance/ inside joke of Five Flags rather than 6? Also Olive Garden? Any thoughts? Most were straightforward but I didn't get those two.

RE: OT-Judgemental Maps (mildly NSFW) - StanMolsonMan - 11-19-2015 04:15 PM

(11-19-2015 04:01 PM)boroeagle2 Wrote:  Panama, you're an ATL guy, and I just moved here from the Boro. What's the significance/ inside joke of Five Flags rather than 6? Also Olive Garden? Any thoughts? Most were straightforward but I didn't get those two.

Six Flags
The original Six Flags is in Texas. Six Flags Over Texas was named for the 6 nations that flew over state: Spain, France, Mexico, the Republic of Texas, the USA, and the Confederate States of America. There were only 5 nations that had that honor at some point in Georgia: Spain, France, United Kingdom, the United States of America, the Confederate States of America. The sixth flag is the state flag.

Olive Garden
I am sure you are familiar with ITP and OTP. Most people ITP consider Cobb County a chain restaurant waste land. The joke was when the Braves move there that the restaurants in the complex would be Olive Gardens, Longhorns, Outbacks, Etc.

RE: OT-Judgemental Maps (mildly NSFW) - panama - 11-19-2015 04:21 PM

(11-19-2015 04:15 PM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  
(11-19-2015 04:01 PM)boroeagle2 Wrote:  Panama, you're an ATL guy, and I just moved here from the Boro. What's the significance/ inside joke of Five Flags rather than 6? Also Olive Garden? Any thoughts? Most were straightforward but I didn't get those two.

Six Flags
The original Six Flags is in Texas. Six Flags Over Texas was named for the 6 nations that flew over state: Spain, France, Mexico, the Republic of Texas, the USA, and the Confederate States of America. There were only 5 nations that had that honor at some point in Georgia: Spain, France, United Kingdom, the United States of America, the Confederate States of America. The sixth flag is the state flag.

Olive Garden
I am sure you are familiar with ITP and OTP. Most people ITP consider Cobb County a chain restaurant waste land. The joke was when the Braves move there that the restaurants in the complex would be Olive Gardens, Longhorns, Outbacks, Etc.

wut he said

RE: OT-Judgemental Maps (mildly NSFW) - GSUhooligan - 11-19-2015 04:36 PM

Mableton...rednecks??? Maybe when Roy Barnes was kickin around there.

RE: OT-Judgemental Maps (mildly NSFW) - boroeagle2 - 11-19-2015 04:40 PM

Thank you gentlemen. I'm staying with a friend near "Cleaning Facilities" right now, but thinking about making my permanent home out East of "Racism Mountain" or South of "Turning Left Considered a Sport"

RE: OT-Judgemental Maps (mildly NSFW) - _x_ - 11-19-2015 04:41 PM

Spent 3 days in Atlanta last week. I was in the "STDs" neighborhood.

Glad nothing happened the one night I went out...

RE: OT-Judgemental Maps (mildly NSFW) - StanMolsonMan - 11-19-2015 04:48 PM

(11-19-2015 04:36 PM)GSUhooligan Wrote:  Mableton...rednecks??? Maybe when Roy Barnes was kickin around there.

Oh yes. As a graduate of South Cobb High, Bankhead Hwy in downtown Mableton you'd find the Barnes family(as in Gov. Barnes) feed store and separate hardware store. It was the same Bankhead Hwy that would cross the Chattahoochee River into Bankhead Courts in Fulton County. When I grew up there, south of Bankhead and east of the main drag we're predominately African American. South and West was the poor white neighborhoods. Westside became Hispanic and middle class lived on the north side of Bankhead and east of the main strip. There were farms still spread throughout all those areas in the 80s to mid 90s. It was quite the melting pot at South Cobb High.

RE: OT-Judgemental Maps (mildly NSFW) - StanMolsonMan - 11-19-2015 04:53 PM

(11-19-2015 04:41 PM)_x_ Wrote:  Spent 3 days in Atlanta last week. I was in the "STDs" neighborhood.

Glad nothing happened the one night I went out...

Nah there is just strip clubs there by the airport.

I am surprised the area of Ammo Nation didn't get the STD title.

The Lost Children of Rockdale County

RE: OT-Judgemental Maps (mildly NSFW) - GSUhooligan - 11-19-2015 04:55 PM

(11-19-2015 04:48 PM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  
(11-19-2015 04:36 PM)GSUhooligan Wrote:  Mableton...rednecks??? Maybe when Roy Barnes was kickin around there.

Oh yes. As a graduate of South Cobb High, Bankhead Hwy in downtown Mableton you'd find the Barnes family(as in Gov. Barnes) feed store and separate hardware store. It was the same Bankhead Hwy that would cross the Chattahoochee River into Bankhead Courts in Fulton County. When I grew up there, south of Bankhead and east of the main drag we're predominately African American. South and West was the poor white neighborhoods. Westside became Hispanic and middle class lived on the north side of Bankhead and east of the main strip. There were farms still spread throughout all those areas in the 80s to mid 90s. It was quite the melting pot at South Cobb High.

I grew up just outside South Cobb's district in the McEachern district, but my dad went to south cobb and his family was still there (off flint hill and anderson mill) when I was growing up. They used to raise chickens and pigs there decades ago....it's a much different place now.

RE: OT-Judgemental Maps (mildly NSFW) - StanMolsonMan - 11-19-2015 04:57 PM

(11-19-2015 04:40 PM)boroeagle2 Wrote:  Thank you gentlemen. I'm staying with a friend near "Cleaning Facilities" right now, but thinking about making my permanent home out East of "Racism Mountain" or South of "Turning Left Considered a Sport"

While staying in the Cleaning Facilities area you should check out P. Reds BBQ on Chattahoochee Ave as well as Nuevo Larado Cantina

RE: OT-Judgemental Maps (mildly NSFW) - StanMolsonMan - 11-19-2015 05:03 PM

(11-19-2015 04:55 PM)GSUhooligan Wrote:  
(11-19-2015 04:48 PM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  

I grew up just outside South Cobb's district in the McEachern district, but my dad went to south cobb and his family was still there (off flint hill and anderson mill) when I was growing up. They used to raise chickens and pigs there decades ago....it's a much different place now.

Ah yes. McEachern. The college of Cobb County athletics. We could never beat you guys in football. The place has changed a ton. I grew up off Nickajack Rd, and just past our neighborhood the road would continue as gravel. My parents still live down that way though.

RE: OT-Judgemental Maps (mildly NSFW) - boroeagle2 - 11-19-2015 05:05 PM

(11-19-2015 04:57 PM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  
(11-19-2015 04:40 PM)boroeagle2 Wrote:  Thank you gentlemen. I'm staying with a friend near "Cleaning Facilities" right now, but thinking about making my permanent home out East of "Racism Mountain" or South of "Turning Left Considered a Sport"

While staying in the Cleaning Facilities area you should check out P. Reds BBQ on Chattahoochee Ave as well as Nuevo Larado Cantina

I have passed by it many times and thought about it, I will definitely do it now.

RE: OT-Judgemental Maps (mildly NSFW) - StanMolsonMan - 11-19-2015 05:12 PM

(11-19-2015 05:05 PM)boroeagle2 Wrote:  
(11-19-2015 04:57 PM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  

I have passed by it many times and thought about it, I will definitely do it now.

Stuffed Potato is good stuff.

RE: OT-Judgemental Maps (mildly NSFW) - bullitt_60 - 11-19-2015 05:26 PM

I was born and raised in Racism Mountain and currently live east of there in Wannabe Hipsters. I highly recommend this area.

Edit, excuse me, I'm proud to say the new City of Wannabe Hipsters.

RE: OT-Judgemental Maps (mildly NSFW) - Native Georgian - 11-19-2015 06:05 PM

I live in the land of Dirty Hippies and it's really not that bad

RE: OT-Judgemental Maps (mildly NSFW) - gostAte870 - 11-19-2015 10:55 PM

Little Rock/North Little Rock

[Image: tumblr_n4jk7uNLCY1s4df8ko1_1280.png]

I bet that creating these are fun. Maybe I'll do Jonesboro some day.

RE: OT-Judgemental Maps (mildly NSFW) - Panarican - 11-20-2015 09:48 AM

I currently live in "Gay Folk" area which is really nice because of the Beltline and Piedmont Park. We plan to move to Decatur ft. WiFi not Decatur ft. murder, lol!