CSNbbs
WMU-cMU prediction thread. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: The Dan Burgardt Memorial Bronco Football Forum (/forum-489.html)
+------ Thread: WMU-cMU prediction thread. (/thread-751720.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

WMU-cMU prediction thread. - ColinApocalypse - 10-04-2015 12:23 PM

It's that fateful week we've all been waiting for. central-Western week. The slappies are of course all predicting a victory. I think they're in for a surprise.

I think we'll control the clock and use Davis/Braverman for some big plays. The run game does the same thing they did to OSU...run it down their throats.

Front 7 will get pressure on Rush and the Phillips/Zamort duo will have a big day. When it comes down to it, cMU leans on their passing attack. I'm okay with putting our CBs on an island with their WRs. We have the talent to win that battle. Blitz heavy and often. If Rush is uncomfortable, their offense goes nowhere.

Two weeks to prepare. Home field advantage. No excuses. Go Broncos!

Broncos - 34
chimps - 21

RE: WMU-cMU prediction thread. - toddjnsn - 10-04-2015 12:28 PM

I think it's a good matchup for us:

- It's at home. This is Key.
- They pass-pass-pass, but don't run the ball that well.
- We have pretty sub-par run D, but can hold passing teams
- We have a very balanced O attack that in this rivalry, will keep CMU on their toes in Kzoo

What we have to look out for:
- PENALTIES
- Dropped balls
- KICKING (Haldeman should have already kicked 1,000 fgs in practice by the time we play)

Likely Score:
WMU - 27 (Would be 28 but a missed XP; Would be 34 but two missed FGs)
CMU - 24 (Would be 27 but a missed FG)

RE: WMU-cMU prediction thread. - GullLake - 10-04-2015 12:28 PM

Broncos - 35

Chippewas - 7

RE: WMU-cMU prediction thread. - MRBUTTONS - 10-04-2015 12:33 PM

Broncos 38

chip dips 17

RE: WMU-cMU prediction thread. - MRBUTTONS - 10-04-2015 12:33 PM

Broncos 38

chip dips 17

RE: WMU-cMU prediction thread. - Hoekjeness - 10-04-2015 12:46 PM

I have little doubt this game is going to come down to the final minutes and be a nail-biter -- maybe one of the all-time series greats.

Ultimately, I can't see us losing this game. The match-up is good for us (on paper) and we've had a week to rest up and prepare. I don't usually say this... but "no excuses" is appropriate in this scenario. CMU has a good defense, but it's the 4th best defense we've played so far this year. We should be able to fight and scrap through it.

Hugely disappointing if we don't win this game and start out MAC play with a little bit of passion/fire.

WMU 31
CMU 24

RE: WMU-cMU prediction thread. - rtletterman - 10-04-2015 01:02 PM

Biggest game of Flecks coaching career. Bar none. He had two weeks to deliver. No excuses, real, backhanded, humble brag style or otherwise. Franklin having two weeks to be fresh is the difference, he'll blow them up with his refound speed and power.

WMU 38
CMU. 21

RE: WMU-cMU prediction thread. - broncofan1 - 10-04-2015 01:21 PM

A lot that scares me about this game. CMU tackles well and *can* control the clock when needed. LB play will be vital to our defensive success. CMU is confident after a great win vs. NIU.

That said, there are no excuses. This is the biggest game of Fleck's career. It's at home after a bye week, so plenty of time to prepare. CMU is coming off two hard-fought contests.

WMU 31
CMU 27

To win, we need our playmakers to make plays - NO DROPS - and our LB's to be solid.

RE: WMU-cMU prediction thread. - BCBronco - 10-04-2015 02:54 PM

CMU 31
WMU 17

RE: WMU-cMU prediction thread. - Dci007 - 10-04-2015 03:34 PM

(10-04-2015 12:28 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  I think it's a good matchup for us:

- It's at home. This is Key.
- They pass-pass-pass, but don't run the ball that well.
- We have pretty sub-par run D, but can hold passing teams
- We have a very balanced O attack that in this rivalry, will keep CMU on their toes in Kzoo

What we have to look out for:
- PENALTIES
- Dropped balls
- KICKING (Haldeman should have already kicked 1,000 fgs in practice by the time we play)

Likely Score:
WMU - 27 (Would be 28 but a missed XP; Would be 34 but two missed FGs)
CMU - 24 (Would be 27 but a missed FG)

Hadleman will never see the field.. Look for Mitchell ...

RE: WMU-cMU prediction thread. - toddjnsn - 10-04-2015 04:38 PM

This Derek Mitchell?

https://www.facebook.com/derekmitchellstory

He looks more like an offensive lineman.

And why Mitchell and not the other kickers? Has he demonstrated more accuracy?

RE: WMU-cMU prediction thread. - Chipdip2 - 10-04-2015 04:49 PM

(10-04-2015 12:33 PM)MRBUTTONS Wrote:  Broncos 38

chip dips 17

MR MANCRUSH 31
U Phoenix North 17

RE: WMU-cMU prediction thread. - toddjnsn - 10-04-2015 04:56 PM

I can't see a prediction of us winning by 17+, unless someone Does have a Man Crush on PJ (and/or the team).

I wouldn't be SHOCKED (but would be surprised) if we handled the game strong and won by 17+ pts.

I see it being a barn-burner with us having the edge. Penalties will hurt us, CMU's D will keep us from rolling up the scoreboard, but their lack of running O and our pass D will also keep them in check. I would expect a 1 possession or so win, but not much more as far as expectations.

RE: WMU-cMU prediction thread. - Dirty Ernie - 10-04-2015 07:11 PM

Rivalry not what it once was. We need to play with emotion but not get all crazy. They've suckered us into bad penalties in the past. Coach Bono has a background with the rivalry scenario, and the
Chips are always big on that fire up thing. We'll have to weather that push at some point.

I am really amazed we came to the last OOC game and seemed to be strong as a team, not all beat up as many of us predicted. We are fine physically for the game, apparently.

Actually rather than a big deal must win game, I see it as more in a long string of consistent performances in league. Our balanced attack should carry the day.

31-21 WMU

RE: WMU-cMU prediction thread. - The Colonel - 10-04-2015 11:10 PM

I predict that CMU's captains will shake hands with our captains this year.

RE: WMU-cMU prediction thread. - toddjnsn - 10-04-2015 11:12 PM

Quote:I predict that CMU's captains will shake hands with our captains this year.

Is that secret code for something else? Sexual innuendo? :)

All kidding (I hope) aside, I think it's going to be Real tough to predict what's going to happen that game. The only thing I can say is that we should keep their running game contained with good measure overall, and their passing game won't go out of control. But CMU has a good D, and in a rivalry game, Ds get strong. It's too tough to call -- will come down to penalties, turnovers, special teams. The latter isn't so hot for us in the kicking game.

RE: WMU-cMU prediction thread. - rtletterman - 10-04-2015 11:35 PM

(10-04-2015 04:49 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  

chip dips 17

MR MANCRUSH 31
U Phoenix North 17

Fighting Trust Fund Baby's 31
Poachers from Northern Lower 17

RE: WMU-cMU prediction thread. - flushtheherd - 10-05-2015 10:27 AM

My fearless prediction(s):

Version 1: WMU requires the use of its kicker to put this one away
WMU - 26
CMU - 28

Haldeman misses two cupcake field goals in the game... the first being a 25yd on our first possesion, the second being a 36 yarder late in the fourth with WMU in the lead 26 - 21, CMU scores on teh short field. The villagers rise up in protest and burn down the Seelye Center...

Version2 - Who needs a kicker?
WMU - 35
CMU - 17

The combination of Franklin and Bogan get started early... WMU marches down the field on the first drive like they've been waiting two weeks for this... gets to the 20 and putters out on a couple bad run plays that go nowhere... Haldeman comes in... FAKE FIELD GOAL!!!! on 4th and 2 the snap goes directly to he holder who flips it to Braverman on a reverse and he gains the necessary yardage for a TD! Whoever picked Braverman for the first points of the game WINS!

CMU has no problem getting the offense going and scores a TD on their first possession... but the D hold stronger after that and with the WMU ground game picking up chunks of yardage, the pass game opens up. WMU scores most of its points in teh second half... likely down 10-7 at half... but racking up huge yards.... again two missed field goals in the first half have the faithful in full groan... but by games end we are all drunk and happy.

GO BRONCOS!

RE: WMU-cMU prediction thread. - Chipdip2 - 10-05-2015 10:38 AM

(10-04-2015 11:35 PM)rtletterman Wrote:  
(10-04-2015 04:49 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  

chip dips 17

MR MANCRUSH 31
U Phoenix North 17

Fighting Trust Fund Baby's 31
Poachers from Northern Lower 17

Horn dog U 31
School of Deer Camp Design 17

RE: WMU-cMU prediction thread. - broncojohnny - 10-05-2015 10:56 AM

Hey guys, we just had a week off and it couldn't have come at a better time..
Two weeks to heal and prepare for the felons from Mt. Iddey..
If we block as well as we did against the ohio boys, We should expect a big day on offense.....

Research level1 institution 38

Eternal corn fields U 17