CSNbbs
CMU game time? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: The Dan Burgardt Memorial Bronco Football Forum (/forum-489.html)
+------ Thread: CMU game time? (/thread-750152.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

CMU game time? - brovol - 09-23-2015 06:01 AM

When will the start time be announced? It's impossible for me to plan things without the start time. Big difference between an early afternoon vs a night game when traveling 3 1/2 hours. Anyone have any insight?

RE: CMU game time? - Hiller4Hyz09 - 09-23-2015 06:13 AM

Yes, plan for early so you won't be late! I'll be damned if we let them beat us at Waldo twice in a row. I'll do everything I can from YY to make sure that doesn't happen.

RE: CMU game time? - GullLake - 09-23-2015 07:48 AM

(09-23-2015 06:13 AM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  Yes, plan for early so you won't be late! I'll be damned if we let them beat us at Waldo twice in a row. I'll do everything I can from YY to make sure that doesn't happen.

I believe in Bo Schembechler's old position about game times.

"Tell TV we are playing at 1 p.m. on Saturday. If they want to be there, fine. If not, they can go to Hell."

04-cheers

RE: CMU game time? - okgc - 09-23-2015 09:32 AM

I heard last Saturday the football ushers & other game day staff were told to prepare for a possible NOON kickoff

RE: CMU game time? - SilentStryk09 - 09-23-2015 11:02 AM

Cmu is usually either 7pm or noon.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

RE: CMU game time? - Broncos84 - 09-23-2015 12:36 PM

(09-23-2015 07:48 AM)GullLake Wrote:  
(09-23-2015 06:13 AM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  Yes, plan for early so you won't be late! I'll be damned if we let them beat us at Waldo twice in a row. I'll do everything I can from YY to make sure that doesn't happen.

I believe in Bo Schembechler's old position about game times.

"Tell TV we are playing at 1 p.m. on Saturday. If they want to be there, fine. If not, they can go to Hell."

04-cheers

Lol,.good ole Bo! Really, it's only on ESPN 3. Who cares. Mid afternoon would be best. Students have time to sleep off hangover!

RE: CMU game time? - Broncos84 - 09-23-2015 12:44 PM

(09-23-2015 06:01 AM)brovol Wrote:  When will the start time be announced? It's impossible for me to plan things without the start time. Big difference between an early afternoon vs a night game when traveling 3 1/2 hours. Anyone have any insight?

I too have a 2 1/2 round trip commute and a life!
Can't believe 3 games into this season and still do not have game times!
Fleck + this b.s. = me thinking long and hard about renewing season tickets for
next year!

RE: CMU game time? - JPWMU - 09-23-2015 01:12 PM

I'm sure CMU is just trying to work out their player's court appearances with the game scheduling. Lots of appointments to coordinate.

RE: CMU game time? - ru4wmu - 09-23-2015 04:27 PM

I would certainly expect it to be an afternoon game since we already have 4 night games on the schedule.

RE: CMU game time? - bostonbronco - 09-23-2015 06:45 PM

I was planning on coming up with 2 of my sons from Nashville.

However, we're reconsidering for many reasons...one of them being not knowing what time the game will be played

RE: CMU game time? - rtletterman - 09-23-2015 09:01 PM

I'm flying in, would have liked to have known by now to make arrangements. If it's at noon, that means flying into GR Friday and belining it over to Kzoo in the am. If it's later, I can fly into DTW and get to the game with plenty of time on Saturday.

Either or, just be nice to know.

RE: CMU game time? - flushtheherd - 09-23-2015 09:17 PM

(09-23-2015 09:01 PM)rtletterman Wrote:  I'm flying in, would have liked to have known by now to make arrangements. If it's at noon, that means flying into GR Friday and belining it over to Kzoo in the am. If it's later, I can fly into DTW and get to the game with plenty of time on Saturday.

Now this is where I can't understand why we don't get at least an "afternoon" or "evening" early notification on the game time (if that's as close as they can get) ... We have people coming in on planes and such... that's tough.

I personally just call in advance for a room at the radisson, hopefully there's availability... and make a kalamazoo weekend out of it... (usually the only way I can convince my Spartan girl to agree).... I show up early on game day... check in before game time if its a late afternoon... after game if its an early kick off... and then just enjoy some time in the zoo...

RE: CMU game time? - rtletterman - 09-23-2015 09:33 PM

Kalamazoo isn't the center of my universe when I come to Michigan, I have people spread out and logistics are tough.

RE: CMU game time? - toddjnsn - 09-23-2015 09:38 PM

Quote:I personally just call in advance for a room at the radisson, hopefully there's availability...and make a kalamazoo weekend out of it...

Yeah, I think that's the best route. Why fly or long-drive to Kzoo an hour before game time anyway? Mine as well schedule the departure time too, to leave 2 hours after the game. "Is the game going to Overtime? Can someone start rowing their boat and fill me in??" :)

I can see wanting to know if it'd be a noon or evening game if one lives far away. Leaving Fri after work to get in Fri night for a noon game VS leaving Sat morning for an evening game. However, if it's, say, a mid-afternoon game, you mine as well treat it the same as a noon game anyway -- so that doesn't matter. I'm HIV positive that it won't be an evening game, as MSU plays at 8PM. UM plays at 3:30.... So I would guess ours will be at the early kickoff for football that day.

Quote:(usually the only way I can convince my Spartan girl to agree)

Nice! Having Spartan girls trek down there is always good...

RE: CMU game time? - flushtheherd - 09-23-2015 09:39 PM

(09-23-2015 09:33 PM)rtletterman Wrote:  Kalamazoo isn't the center of my universe when I come to Michigan, I have people spread out and logistics are tough.

Well maybe Kalamazoo just becomes the center of your universe for game "Day"... But I get it. The media and video production outlets (ESPN, espn3, FSD... Etc). Are the ones making a mess of this.

RE: CMU game time? - rtletterman - 09-23-2015 10:44 PM

You stooges are so myopic, no wonder we get on so well.....

RE: CMU game time? - brovol - 09-24-2015 05:33 AM

(09-23-2015 09:17 PM)flushtheherd Wrote:  
(09-23-2015 09:01 PM)rtletterman Wrote:  I'm flying in, would have liked to have known by now to make arrangements. If it's at noon, that means flying into GR Friday and belining it over to Kzoo in the am. If it's later, I can fly into DTW and get to the game with plenty of time on Saturday.

Now this is where I can't understand why we don't get at least an "afternoon" or "evening" early notification on the game time (if that's as close as they can get) ... We have people coming in on planes and such... that's tough.

I personally just call in advance for a room at the radisson, hopefully there's availability... and make a kalamazoo weekend out of it... (usually the only way I can convince my Spartan girl to agree).... I show up early on game day... check in before game time if its a late afternoon... after game if its an early kick off... and then just enjoy some time in the zoo...
I'm bringing my wife and kids, and both kids work the weekend. They can ask for either Friday or Saturday off, but not both, so big difference if we are staying in kzoo Friday or Saturday night. If night game want to stay sat night.

It's ridiculous that we have to wait like this. Really discourages out of towners from coming to games.

RE: CMU game time? - broncojohnny - 09-24-2015 08:13 AM

Call the MAC home office and ***** to them....We have -0- control over conference games....Don't blame Kathy B for this crap.

RE: CMU game time? - rtletterman - 09-24-2015 11:24 AM

(09-24-2015 08:13 AM)broncojohnny Wrote:  Call the MAC home office and ***** to them....We have -0- control over conference games....Don't blame Kathy B for this crap.

KB should have more influence over our game times with the MAC. Fail.

RE: CMU game time? - JPWMU - 09-24-2015 11:58 AM

Per ticket office: "As of right now, the CMU game time has yet to be determined. ESPN is still figuring out whether or not to pick it up as a national game, but we do know for certain it will be an afternoon game starting anywhere between noon and 2 PM." So quityourbitchin