CSNbbs
Rutgers coach potentially in trouble...obvious landing spot for PJ - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: The Dan Burgardt Memorial Bronco Football Forum (/forum-489.html)
+------ Thread: Rutgers coach potentially in trouble...obvious landing spot for PJ (/thread-746157.html)

Pages: 1 2

Rutgers coach potentially in trouble...obvious landing spot for PJ - Doo - 08-25-2015 11:39 AM

Would be a way for Pj to jump to a power five while potentially still under .500 at WMU.

RE: Rutgers coach potentially in trouble...obvious landing spot for PJ - toddjnsn - 08-25-2015 11:54 AM

Yeah, maybe. Maybe. I think Rutgers would be more willing to hire him than Illinois, who's already gone thru one-and-dones, with the latest one from the MAC West & OC from WMU. PJ would need to have a breakout year THIS year for that to happen. Although if Illinois holds its own, gets to a bowl, and wins it and gives Beckman a 1 yr extension, and PJ beats him Next year, then I could see PJ going to Illinois.

But PJ would still need to have an 8-4 year this year to go anywhere else. It's a possibility, but not a likely one, as 6-6 to 7-5 is much more likely result. MSU, @GSU, @OSU, @Toledo, BGSU, @NIU -- that's 6 games where we could lose thinking optimistically, and 6 games we will lose if pessimistically. And all that doesn't count CMU (downward but a rival) and BSU (improved) that aren't auto-gimmies.

IMO, of those 6 tough games... 0-6 realistic minimum, 3-3 realistic maximum. Likely 1-5 or 2-4.

If we go 2-4 in those 6 games *AND* win the rest out unscathed (namely CMU, BSU), then yeah, PJ has the opportunity to go elsewhere. Rutgers very well may be a ripe possibility.

RE: Rutgers coach potentially in trouble...obvious landing spot for PJ - Hoekjeness - 08-25-2015 12:51 PM

Fleck's breakout year was last year. I think it's safe to say his name is already near (or at) the top of a handful of P5 short lists if I had to guess.

RE: Rutgers coach potentially in trouble...obvious landing spot for PJ - rtletterman - 08-25-2015 12:52 PM

Go #brocoach, slay it!!

RE: Rutgers coach potentially in trouble...obvious landing spot for PJ - Doo - 08-25-2015 01:05 PM

(08-25-2015 12:52 PM)rtletterman Wrote:  Go #brocoach, slay it!!

PJ will likely still be under .500 while many P5s will give him a look that's a hard sell for an AD to alums. Most will say "it's a year or 2 too early" but he has ties to Rutgers and they lets say will buy the "had to rebuild Western" line more than others.

RE: Rutgers coach potentially in trouble...obvious landing spot for PJ - ChuckNorris - 08-25-2015 02:05 PM

I think he'll finish the job here by winning a MAC Championship before he leaves. Whether that is this year or next year, I don't know. The Admiral won't steer us wrong.

#BeatSparty #WMUFOOTBALL #RTB

RE: Rutgers coach potentially in trouble...obvious landing spot for PJ - wmutkelaw - 08-25-2015 06:42 PM

Yeah, I can't wait to have a new coach to constructively criticize. ?

RE: Rutgers coach potentially in trouble...obvious landing spot for PJ - Chipdip2 - 08-25-2015 06:45 PM

Yeah, I'd love to be the AD that has to explain to his alums why they just had to hire a 9-15 coach.

RE: Rutgers coach potentially in trouble...obvious landing spot for PJ - rtletterman - 08-25-2015 06:48 PM

(08-25-2015 06:45 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Yeah, I'd love to be the AD that has to explain to his alums why they just had to hire a 9-15 coach.

"He was good enough that he got a raise to be the highest MAC coach, they couldn't be wrong there! He's #brocoach "

RE: Rutgers coach potentially in trouble...obvious landing spot for PJ - Bronco'14 - 08-25-2015 07:15 PM

(08-25-2015 06:45 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  Yeah, I'd love to be the AD that has to explain to his alums why they just had to hire a 9-15 coach.

Yep.
.500 or below this year and he's still ours for sure.
Anything more then that on the bubble, say 7-6, 8-5, questionable.
A MAC Championship and a bowl win and he's good as gone.

I'd say even a MAC Championship appearance and loss is questionable. I think after the recent failed/failing G5 to P5 new coaching hires after just a solid year or 2 at the G5 at programs like Illinois, Purdue, Wake Forest, Colorado, heck even Michigan with Brady Hoke, are putting doubts into the P5 teams hiring a G5 coach after just a year or 2 of success.

Also, maybe I'm just dreaming, but Boise St's coach stuck around. Maybe PJ will too, at least for a MAC Championship win. I really could see him wanting to win with his recruits. He's a fighter.

RE: Rutgers coach potentially in trouble...obvious landing spot for PJ - rtletterman - 08-25-2015 07:20 PM

Yeah, why would they want to bump their pay for a guaranteed 2/3 million dollars if they could stay?

RE: Rutgers coach potentially in trouble...obvious landing spot for PJ - ChuckNorris - 08-25-2015 07:21 PM

Potential employers will do their homework and understand the Admiral had to clean up a huge mess left from the previous regime.

He not only turned things around quick, he's brought so much good publicity to the program both regionally and nationally.

RE: Rutgers coach potentially in trouble...obvious landing spot for PJ - rtletterman - 08-25-2015 07:46 PM

(08-25-2015 07:21 PM)ChuckNorris Wrote:  Potential employers will do their homework and understand the Admiral had to clean up a huge mess left from the previous regime.

He not only turned things around quick, he's brought so much good publicity to the program both regionally and nationally.
:
Which is why we should expect a MAC West Title this year and nothing less! 04-rock

#brocoach

RE: Rutgers coach potentially in trouble...obvious landing spot for PJ - ChuckNorris - 08-25-2015 08:02 PM

(08-25-2015 07:46 PM)rtletterman Wrote:  
(08-25-2015 07:21 PM)ChuckNorris Wrote:  Potential employers will do their homework and understand the Admiral had to clean up a huge mess left from the previous regime.

:
Which is why we should expect a MAC West Title this year and nothing less! 04-rock

#brocoach

It's a process, and he will get us there.

RE: Rutgers coach potentially in trouble...obvious landing spot for PJ - rtletterman - 08-25-2015 09:06 PM

(08-25-2015 08:02 PM)ChuckNorris Wrote:  

:

#brocoach

Time for #brocoach to deliver on the process. Third year, not out of the realm given the curve initiated last year. Mmmm, NJ Italian Seafood. 03-cloud9

RE: Rutgers coach potentially in trouble...obvious landing spot for PJ - brovol - 08-26-2015 07:54 AM

(08-25-2015 09:06 PM)rtletterman Wrote:  

:

#brocoach

Time for #brocoach to deliver on the process. Third year, not out of the realm given the curve initiated last year. Mmmm, NJ Italian Seafood. 03-cloud9

....and the hits just keep on coming.

Re: RE: Rutgers coach potentially in trouble...obvious landing spot for PJ - Ubish - 08-26-2015 01:45 PM

:

#brocoach

Now you sound like this guy

[Image: 2009FBPoster.jpg.ashx?preset=medium.storyimage]

RE: Rutgers coach potentially in trouble...obvious landing spot for PJ - ChuckNorris - 08-26-2015 01:59 PM

(08-26-2015 01:45 PM)Ubish Wrote:  

:

#brocoach

Now you sound like this guy

[Image: 2009FBPoster.jpg.ashx?preset=medium.storyimage]

How many winning records and top recruiting classes did Ron English have in his first two years on the job, silly goose?

RE: Rutgers coach potentially in trouble...obvious landing spot for PJ - Doo - 08-26-2015 04:15 PM

:

#brocoach

The problem I have with the "process" talk is not the mentality behind it, but it's total lack of using it as a talking point until this year.

RE: Rutgers coach potentially in trouble...obvious landing spot for PJ - DrDavis - 08-27-2015 11:37 AM

PJ is not going to a Rutgers or Illinois type program. He is setting his next move to be to mid to high level P5 job. Someplace like Oklahoma St. or Tennessee. Someplace with a winning tradition.

No, he will not settle for Vanderbuilt, Duke, Indiana, Purdue, or a Wake Forest.

Fleck will win big next year then take his staff to the money land.

You heard it here first.