CSNbbs
Southern Miss vs State Game - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Southern Miss vs State Game (/thread-745851.html)

Pages: 1 2

Southern Miss vs State Game - SouthernMissSNu - 08-21-2015 01:04 PM

The (free) student tickets for Southern Miss students for the Moo State game were given out starting at 11 AM today. After two hours of giving the tickets out, only about 1,600 student tickets remain. Even better for visibility and support, Todd Monken and other coaching staff were out handing out free pizza to students in line for the tickets.

I don't know about you, but this is an electric time to be a Southern Miss fan and, even more so, a Southern Miss student. I know the statistics and recent history are against us, but I have this uncanny/weird feeling this year. Who knows, weirder things have happened to bring down goal posts.

RE: Southern Miss vs State Game - nastybunch - 08-21-2015 01:36 PM

Nice first post... Now for the negative USM "fan" in 5......4......3......2......1.......

RE: Southern Miss vs State Game - SouthernMissSNu - 08-21-2015 02:20 PM

(08-21-2015 01:36 PM)nastybunch Wrote:  Nice first post... Now for the negative USM "fan" in 5......4......3......2......1.......

Thanks! You have to start somewhere. Though I won't make the "rookie mistake" and use the carrot emoji. Read enough to know that.

RE: Southern Miss vs State Game - eager eagle - 08-21-2015 02:29 PM

(08-21-2015 01:04 PM)SouthernMissSNu Wrote:  The (free) student tickets for Southern Miss students for the Moo State game were given out starting at 11 AM today. After two hours of giving the tickets out, only about 1,600 student tickets remain. Even better for visibility and support, Todd Monken and other coaching staff were out handing out free pizza to students in line for the tickets.

I don't know about you, but this is an electric time to be a Southern Miss fan and, even more so, a Southern Miss student. I know the statistics and recent history are against us, but I have this uncanny/weird feeling this year. Who knows, weirder things have happened to bring down goal posts.

Ticket priority was expanded yesterday to include PAID members of the alumni association. I glanced at the seating charts and seats still available and looks to be only between 500-1000 still unsold. At a minimum of $60. ticket price for this game it could well be the first time in history that USM ticket sales for one game is in excess of $2 million. Could approach $2.5mil if they decide to sell standing room only.

RE: Southern Miss vs State Game - SouthernMissSNu - 08-21-2015 03:18 PM

(08-21-2015 02:29 PM)eager eagle Wrote:  
(08-21-2015 01:04 PM)SouthernMissSNu Wrote:  The (free) student tickets for Southern Miss students for the Moo State game were given out starting at 11 AM today. After two hours of giving the tickets out, only about 1,600 student tickets remain. Even better for visibility and support, Todd Monken and other coaching staff were out handing out free pizza to students in line for the tickets.

Ticket priority was expanded yesterday to include PAID members of the alumni association. I glanced at the seating charts and seats still available and looks to be only between 500-1000 still unsold. At a minimum of $60. ticket price for this game it could well be the first time in history that USM ticket sales for one game is in excess of $2 million. Could approach $2.5mil if they decide to sell standing room only.

I am extremely excited. There's a feeling of excitement on campus that I haven't seen since the first game of the 2012 season. I just hope that most of the season tickets sold went to Southern Miss Alumni and fans and not to MSU fans. This will be a huge revenue boost for So. Miss athletics, the city of Hattiesburg, and the surrounding area. In addition, a win would be the icing on the cake.

RE: Southern Miss vs State Game - SApuro - 08-21-2015 04:51 PM

The Gulf Park Campus gives out tix on Tuesday.

RE: Southern Miss vs State Game - Blueraidersig - 08-21-2015 05:04 PM

Mom went to Ole Miss and I grew up rooting for them. Hope y'all kick the **** out of state.

RE: Southern Miss vs State Game - Thegoldstandard - 08-21-2015 05:58 PM

[Image: CM9sEhSUEAAkzbX.jpg]

RE: Southern Miss vs State Game - RonBurgundy - 08-21-2015 06:38 PM

Hopefully, Tech and USM will both beat Moo State. I think if you can shut down Prescott, you shut down Mississippi State.

RE: Southern Miss vs State Game - SouthernMissSNu - 08-21-2015 06:58 PM

(08-21-2015 06:38 PM)RonBurgundy Wrote:  Hopefully, Tech and USM will both beat Moo State. I think if you can shut down Prescott, you shut down Mississippi State.

I agree. Prescott is a good QB but is highly overrated. I would love nothing more than to see us reveal MSU for what they really are- a program that ESPN picked up as the underdog rags to riches story and overhyped. Also, if I see a cowbell at the Rock I'll lose it. The only bell allowed there is the Bell trophy in the Battle for the Bell (RIP former rivalries)

RE: Southern Miss vs State Game - SouthernMissSNu - 08-21-2015 07:00 PM

(08-21-2015 04:51 PM)SApuro Wrote:  The Gulf Park Campus gives out tix on Tuesday.

Yes they do! I hope athletics accounted for that. Last I heard there was only three hundred Hattiesburg student tickets left. Make sure you get there early so you ensure a spot.

RE: Southern Miss vs State Game - cotton1991 - 08-21-2015 11:17 PM

USM beats MSU and Tech beats MSU would make my day. Hopefully Memphis completes the trifecta and beats Ole Miss.

RE: Southern Miss vs State Game - EaglehasLanded - 08-22-2015 03:58 AM

(08-21-2015 02:29 PM)eager eagle Wrote:  

That is just the tickets released to the website thats not all of them. As of a couple of days ago there were approx. 5,000.

RE: Southern Miss vs State Game - THEarmada - 08-22-2015 06:09 AM

I'll be there as Tech fan cheering on USM. Wish I could be in Ruston :(

RE: Southern Miss vs State Game - eager eagle - 08-22-2015 10:31 AM

(08-22-2015 06:09 AM)THEarmada Wrote:  I'll be there as Tech fan cheering on USM. Wish I could be in Ruston :(

Glad to have you, we need support. By the way, how did you get a ticket since they have been available only in the following priority. Season ticket holders, new season ticket holders, Eagle Club members based on giving, students, and since yesterday made available to PAID members of the alumni assn. Single game tickets to general public have not been sold yet. You must have a friend who had access in one of the above categories. If not, spill the beans because I know several people who are looking.

RE: Southern Miss vs State Game - eager eagle - 08-22-2015 05:14 PM

[/quote]

That is just the tickets released to the website thats not all of them. As of a couple of days ago there were approx. 5,000.
[/quote]

So who do you think they are holding tickets for?

RE: Southern Miss vs State Game - SouthernMissSNu - 08-22-2015 05:23 PM

(08-22-2015 05:14 PM)eager eagle Wrote:  Ticket priority was expanded yesterday to include PAID members of the alumni association. I glanced at the seating charts and seats still available and looks to be only between 500-1000 still unsold. At a minimum of $60. ticket price for this game it could well be the first time in history that USM ticket sales for one game is in excess of $2 million. Could approach $2.5mil if they decide to sell standing room only.

[/quote]

[/quote]

They just released an email to students giving them an opportunity to purchase an additional two guest tickets per student for $60 a piece on a first come first served basis. This is great for parents and family of current students who want to come to the game but may have not been able to otherwise. I think the university is slowly disbursing the remaining tickets in different methods. I have no doubt in my mind that this game will set attendance records.

RE: Southern Miss vs State Game - eager eagle - 08-22-2015 08:24 PM

(08-22-2015 05:23 PM)SouthernMissSNu Wrote:  
(08-22-2015 05:14 PM)eager eagle Wrote:  Ticket priority was expanded yesterday to include PAID members of the alumni association. I glanced at the seating charts and seats still available and looks to be only between 500-1000 still unsold. At a minimum of $60. ticket price for this game it could well be the first time in history that USM ticket sales for one game is in excess of $2 million. Could approach $2.5mil if they decide to sell standing room only.

[/quote]

They just released an email to students giving them an opportunity to purchase an additional two guest tickets per student for $60 a piece on a first come first served basis. This is great for parents and family of current students who want to come to the game but may have not been able to otherwise. I think the university is slowly disbursing the remaining tickets in different methods. I have no doubt in my mind that this game will set attendance records.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I guess its hard to make decisions like this, who can get tickets and who cant.

RE: Southern Miss vs State Game - MasMack - 08-22-2015 09:19 PM

Less then 2,000 total tickets left as of this afternoon, per ticket office.

And this is before tickets have been released to general public for sale.

RE: Southern Miss vs State Game - chidave - 08-22-2015 11:21 PM

If the offense could have done anything, you guys could have made it interesting last year (the D wore down). I think you have a puncher's chance in this one, especially if something good can happen early. Go get em!