CSNbbs
Who watched Flacco in spring - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: The Dan Burgardt Memorial Bronco Football Forum (/forum-489.html)
+------ Thread: Who watched Flacco in spring (/thread-745675.html)

Pages: 1 2

Who watched Flacco in spring - Chipdip2 - 08-19-2015 04:51 PM

what are his limitations? Can he see downfield? Is he a run first happy feet guy?

What are his strengths?

RE: Who watched Flacco in spring - broncofan1 - 08-19-2015 07:00 PM

From what I saw:

Strengths - he can make things happen when the pocket breaks down.

Weaknesses - he thinks he can always make things happen with his feet.

I don't see a huge arm on the guy, but accuracy is more important anyway. He's learning from Terrell about leadership and communication, and that's a great thing. He has a ton of confidence and his teammates seem to like him. He raced past Thomas for the #2 job. I don't know that he'll hold off the more naturally talented (arm-wise) Wassink or Little in the future, but he is a very good option at backup.

RE: Who watched Flacco in spring - Dirty Ernie - 08-19-2015 07:43 PM

My impression of Flacco at the spring game was, he seemed the kinda guy what plays the game rather than just running a play. There is huge value in that, but only if you can also run the play and execute the process.

This is a kid with a little of the old Johnny Unitas, sandlot style. A rare thing in the modern world.

I don't see him as a number 1 so much, but I love his style.

RE: Who watched Flacco in spring - Dci007 - 08-19-2015 08:25 PM

(08-19-2015 07:43 PM)Dirty Ernie Wrote:  My impression of Flacco at the spring game was, he seemed the kinda guy what plays the game rather than just running a play. There is huge value in that, but only if you can also run the play and execute the process.

This is a kid with a little of the old Johnny Unitas, sandlot style. A rare thing in the modern world.

I don't see him as a number 1 so much, but I love his style.

I agree with you Ernie. But you have to love his mobility. Who knows what the next few years will bring. I really like his upside. I think that he will give any incoming QB a run for the money. I think this kind of kid could come in and give a huge spark to an offense. It seems like he he puts it all out there on every play. It also helps when you can chuck the ball 60 some yards Down field

RE: Who watched Flacco in spring - moe24 - 08-20-2015 08:33 AM

The only weaknesses I saw are fixable (doesn't know when not to run, etc.).

His biggest strength IMO is his natural instinct. A year of maturity and he'll step right into the starting roll when ZT is done.

RE: Who watched Flacco in spring - ColinApocalypse - 08-20-2015 08:36 AM

He's a natural dual-threat QB. Mechanics, arm strength, etc....Like Moe said, that can all be worked on. This guy is a pure athlete though.

RE: Who watched Flacco in spring - Chipdip2 - 08-20-2015 10:33 AM

Is it true hes got Doug Fluty size?

RE: Who watched Flacco in spring - tayle's mullet - 08-20-2015 02:37 PM

He's listed at 6-1, which is what Terrell is listed at?

RE: Who watched Flacco in spring - Stampede your face!! - 08-20-2015 07:06 PM

I don't think he is 6'1". My honest opinion was that if he has to come in and play QB this year, Western is going to suck. I'm just being honest. He is too quick to look to run, and frankly I didn't think his arm was starting QB material. Yeah, he might have some moxie, or whatever you want to call it, but if you want to use Corey Davis and Daniel Braverman and your wide receivers to full effect, you better hope Terrell stays healthy or Wassink/Little emerge when he leaves.

RE: Who watched Flacco in spring - Hiller4Hyz09 - 11-28-2015 11:47 AM

The Elite Flacco in the Family

I wish 2015 H4H could go tell 2013 H4H that the offense will be WAY better in the near future.

Hold on...doorbell....sorry, that was 2017 H4H (he looks GREAT!); and he said to tell you all that the run defense will be WAY better in the near future, and that everyone is really pissed that the playoff committee screwed us over. Graham Couch got into some hot water with a Lansing car dealer and ended up writing in Kalamazoo again. Great column proposing a 12-team playoff, with 6 of the teams getting a bye (P5 champs + Notre Dame). Tom Flacco is the best QB in the State of Michigan. Zach Terrell is backup for the Patriots, and already owns 4 Noodles & Co. franchises in New England. Isis accidentally blew itself up. rtletterman now loves coach Fleck.

RE: Who watched Flacco in spring - brovol - 11-28-2015 11:57 AM

(11-28-2015 11:47 AM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  The Elite Flacco in the Family

I wish 2015 H4H could go tell 2013 H4H that the offense will be WAY better in the near future.

Hold on...doorbell....sorry, that was 2017 H4H (he looks GREAT!); and he said to tell you all that the run defense will be WAY better in the near future, and that everyone is really pissed that the playoff committee screwed us over. Graham Couch got into some hot water with a Lansing car dealer and ended up writing in Kalamazoo again. Great column proposing a 12-team playoff, with 6 of the teams getting a bye (P5 champs + Notre Dame). Tom Flacco is the best QB in the State of Michigan. Zach Terrell is backup for the Patriots, and already owns 4 Noodles & Co. franchises in New England. Isis accidentally blew itself up. rtletterman now loves coach Fleck.

Nice!

So did letterman finally get the corrective surgery in on the lobotomy he got which made him the sad person he is right now?

RE: Who watched Flacco in spring - Hiller4Hyz09 - 11-28-2015 12:08 PM

(11-28-2015 11:57 AM)brovol Wrote:  
(11-28-2015 11:47 AM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  The Elite Flacco in the Family

Nice!

So did letterman finally get the corrective surgery in on the lobotomy he got which made him the sad person he is right now?

You might not believe this, but he actually was stalking PJ, his wife (Jenn Sterger), and his 8 children at the Nature Center. He kept quite a distance, but when coach noticed him, he ran him down. Coach said "Rando, Rando! You're my bro. I know we've never seen eye to eye, but (coach takes off his shirt), here, take my custom fARMers ALLiance tank top. I want you to have this...I want us to be bros."

That started some honest dialogue, and really, just something about coach's eyes...letterman has done a 180. He donated ALL of his courtroom winnings to the Gary Fund towards the team's new Indoor Rowing Machine facility, which is attached to the go kart track where Hyames used to be.

RE: Who watched Flacco in spring - Hiller4Hyz09 - 11-28-2015 12:10 PM

todd, can you make this a little more PG-13 for me?

RE: Who watched Flacco in spring - toddjnsn - 11-28-2015 04:09 PM

Quote:todd, can you make this a little more PG-13 for me?

You mean dirtier, when the shirts come off? Like, the kissing beginning??

RE: Who watched Flacco in spring - Hiller4Hyz09 - 11-28-2015 04:14 PM

I'm new at this Fan Fiction thing. Come on, take a few paragraphs.

RE: Who watched Flacco in spring - Hiller4Hyz09 - 11-28-2015 04:16 PM

Come on people....fARMers ALLiance tank top....get it?!

RE: Who watched Flacco in spring - broncofan1 - 11-28-2015 05:51 PM

(11-28-2015 04:16 PM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  Come on people....fARMers ALLiance tank top....get it?!

Brilliant.

RE: Who watched Flacco in spring - toddjnsn - 11-28-2015 05:55 PM

Quote:Come on people....fARMers ALLiance tank top....get it?!

ARM ALL? Like a tank top shows all your arms? :)

I would, but I don't want saying any humorous fictional stories about romantic encounters between PJ and DB, given suing and all that! Of course I guess I could add to the story and change it with Dan Enos walking in the room stealing DB away from PJ.... lol.

RE: Who watched Flacco in spring - Hiller4Hyz09 - 11-28-2015 08:38 PM

Brovol, any precedent with fan fiction litigation? I mean, besides the people vs Bronco Stampede?

RE: Who watched Flacco in spring - rtletterman - 11-28-2015 08:57 PM

(11-28-2015 08:38 PM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  Brovol, any precedent with fan fiction litigation? I mean, besides the people vs Bronco Stampede?

When it's fiction?! Cmon man, those guys succeeded in controlling the message around here didn't they?