CSNbbs
Owens & Page Football Camp - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Owens & Page Football Camp (/thread-743702.html)

Owens & Page Football Camp - northcoastRocket - 07-27-2015 06:18 PM

Blade article on their recent camp at Springfield: http://www.toledoblade.com/local/2015/07/26/Football-camp-encourages-area-youth.html

Nice to see those guys continuing to give back.

Despite the overall nice tone of the article, how is it that the Blade still managed to cram OSU into the title of the article?

RE: Owens & Page Football Camp - Rocket4Life - 07-27-2015 07:27 PM

And one of the local tv stations sports reporter had pictures from the camp on his twitter...only of the QB we don't care about. The only mention of Eric or Terrance was when mentioning the camp name.

Quote:Buckeye Quarterback, Cardale Jones, in town today helping at Eric Page & Terrance Owens Camp. Story on WTOL tonight...Video: Cardale Jones talks about Braxton Miller's switch to Wide Receiver...Cardale also told me that he believes Braxton is 'the best athlete in College Football.'

RE: Owens & Page Football Camp - eastisbest - 07-27-2015 08:50 PM

(07-27-2015 07:27 PM)Rocket4Life Wrote:  And one of the local tv stations sports reporter had pictures from the camp on his twitter...only of the QB we don't care about. The only mention of Eric or Terrance was when mentioning the camp name.

Quote:Buckeye Quarterback, Cardale Jones, in town today helping at Eric Page & Terrance Owens Camp. Story on WTOL tonight...Video: Cardale Jones talks about Braxton Miller's switch to Wide Receiver...Cardale also told me that he believes Braxton is 'the best athlete in College Football.'

VERY classy of the players anyhow. A couple Cleveland kids, could have been a lot of places. One could have probably been anywhere in this world had he chosen to ride that fame. Not that silly game. He's like a twitter god or something.

RE: Owens & Page Football Camp - utrocks84 - 07-28-2015 07:55 AM

(07-27-2015 07:27 PM)Rocket4Life Wrote:  And one of the local tv stations sports reporter had pictures from the camp on his twitter...only of the QB we don't care about. The only mention of Eric or Terrance was when mentioning the camp name.

Are you kidding me? The championship QB from the National Championship game and he's at a youth camp in Toledo. To me that's pretty big news. He was here helping his former HS teammate and friend Owens. That is also pretty classy to me, even if you don't like OSU. For every childish thing he does that gets reported in the news he does several good things. And he's not out raping and beating women as FSU has a Hx of. I think it's great Eric and Terrance did this and were able to bring a player I'm sure most of the kids and their parents enjoyed being around.

RE: Owens & Page Football Camp - eastisbest - 07-28-2015 08:57 AM

(07-28-2015 07:55 AM)utrocks84 Wrote:  

Are you kidding me? The championship QB from the National Championship game and he's at a youth camp in Toledo. To me that's pretty big news. He was here helping his former HS teammate and friend Owens. That is also pretty classy to me, even if you don't like OSU. For every childish thing he does that gets reported in the news he does several good things. And he's not out raping and beating women as FSU has a Hx of. I think it's great Eric and Terrance did this and were able to bring a player I'm sure most of the kids and their parents enjoyed being around.

Emmm, now that you've had a good rant, I think his problem was with the LOCAL reporter having ONLY photos of Jones. You have to admit, that sounds like the local reporter has a hardy one for Jones/OSU and missed the whole point of the camp.

RE: Owens & Page Football Camp - Rocket4Life - 07-28-2015 05:24 PM

(07-28-2015 08:57 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  
(07-28-2015 07:55 AM)utrocks84 Wrote:  

Emmm, now that you've had a good rant, I think his problem was with the LOCAL reporter having ONLY photos of Jones. You have to admit, that sounds like the local reporter has a hardy one for Jones/OSU and missed the whole point of the camp.

This. I have absolutely no problem with that QB helping at the camp. My issue is the local reporter barely even mentioning Eric and Terrance and talking completely about that QB