CSNbbs
Video Board Deconstruction - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: The Dan Burgardt Memorial Bronco Football Forum (/forum-489.html)
+------ Thread: Video Board Deconstruction (/thread-740671.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Video Board Deconstruction - Dirty Ernie - 06-19-2015 01:44 PM

Drove by Waldo today. There is a crane on site and about half of the old structure has been removed.

RE: Video Board Deconstruction - ColinApocalypse - 06-19-2015 01:57 PM

Yep, they have started work on it:

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2015/06/western_michigan_football_scor.html

RE: Video Board Deconstruction - uclabruin - 06-22-2015 05:41 PM

Seems odd that we have not seen any kind of rendering of what this will look like?

RE: Video Board Deconstruction - Hoekjeness - 06-22-2015 06:44 PM

(06-22-2015 05:41 PM)uclabruin Wrote:  Seems odd that we have not seen any kind of rendering of what this will look like?

Element of surprise when it's unveiled 04-jawdrop

RE: Video Board Deconstruction - Dirty Ernie - 06-23-2015 06:37 AM

I'm expecting something that fills the existing framework, 3-4 times bigger than the old one. Anybody know?

RE: Video Board Deconstruction - SilentStryk09 - 06-23-2015 09:52 AM

sigh, mlive comments

RE: Video Board Deconstruction - BroncoPhilly - 06-24-2015 02:25 PM

The WMU Athletic Department ought to fixture a cam in the Seelye Athletic Practice Center, facing the board. So folks can check up on progress in their idle time. Wouldn't cost much, Kathy!

RE: Video Board Deconstruction - Dirty Ernie - 06-24-2015 05:23 PM

(06-24-2015 02:25 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  The WMU Athletic Department ought to fixture a cam in the Seelye Athletic Practice Center, facing the board. So folks can check up on progress in their idle time. Wouldn't cost much, Kathy!

Great minds around here. Athletic Dept. should post a suggestion box address on here. We'd steer 'em straight on stuff.

RE: Video Board Deconstruction - Chipdip2 - 06-24-2015 08:35 PM

Great idea, but would probably take forever to implement. By the time it got okayed by the 19 layers of bureaucrats ithe scoreboard will have been up for a year.

RE: Video Board Deconstruction - New School Bronco - 07-07-2015 12:37 PM

Anyone see if they have put anything up for the new one yet?

RE: Video Board Deconstruction - ColinApocalypse - 07-08-2015 02:24 PM

(07-07-2015 12:37 PM)New School Bronco Wrote:  Anyone see if they have put anything up for the new one yet?

Drove by today. Old board is down, and it looks like they're working on the existing support structure right now.

RE: Video Board Deconstruction - anthonybronco - 07-08-2015 05:55 PM

Hi All!

I've been watching the discussions here and on MLive about our new scoreboard. I'm just as excited as anyone, as we all know a new video board and sound system are SORELY needed.

I absolutely can't wait for a new scoreboard in Waldo!!

But, David Drew probably has a point. The new screen will be impressive, but probably just look much like a flat, black box -- when it's not in use.

Technology has come a long way in a short time.

Gone are the days when big video boards like these need dozens of blower fans a ton of mini computers and acres of wiring built inside of them as part of a massive structure aimed at keeping the entire system cool and operational.

Nowadays, these boards are basically just a big, flat unimpressive boxes -- until they're in operation.

A few blocks from where I live, there's a brand new minor league baseball park.

I was excited to see the video board go up as part of the finishing touches before opening day -- "would this be something like what we'll have at Waldo one day," I thought?

Then, the actual board went up -- in a matter of hours, not days -- now I can see why we haven't seen any renderings of what's to come at Waldo.

This thing really doesn't look like much when it's off.

[attachment=7037]

As you can see from the side, it's rather flat, skinny and unimpressive.

But it's also unexpectedly vivid, crisp and effective when it's on. (My pictures don't do it justice, but you get the idea.)

[attachment=7038]

It's perfect for this particular stadium, and I noticed more fans watching the video board rather than the game itself. It really adds to the game!

[attachment=7040]

The replays are perfect, the live cams are impressive and the graphics are great, with lots of potential.

If the new scoreboard at Waldo is anything like this one, we'll all be very satisfied!

I think Waldo will be fine!

Maybe even a few folks wearing green will be impressed!

(Now if we can only get the BMB to wear Brown!!)

Beat Sparty!

Go Broncos!

RE: Video Board Deconstruction - jubbasubba - 07-08-2015 07:20 PM

Monty Porter posted this on twitter today...

"Yes that's a crane & yes, those are elite things under the white covers. Like a kid at Xmas, won't be long now #RTB"

RE: Video Board Deconstruction - ChuckNorris - 07-08-2015 08:01 PM

Coach Fleck makes the impossible.....possible. A true visionary for our program.

RE: Video Board Deconstruction - Chipdip2 - 07-08-2015 08:32 PM

(07-08-2015 08:01 PM)ChuckNorris Wrote:  Coach Fleck makes the impossible.....possible. A true visionary for our program.

No, a donor FELL INTO OUR LAP.

Listen to the interview with Alec Gores. WMU had no idea that they had a billionaire alum, a former FB player no less. HE CONTACTED THEM. After brokering the deal with USC he asked KB........"Is there anything else you need".

Not my words, Gores words. It's all in the podcast.

So let's not slobber over the great job by Fleck and KB.

RE: Video Board Deconstruction - Doo - 07-09-2015 11:09 AM

If we are going to be fair. Fleck deserves partial credit....no more, no less.

RE: Video Board Deconstruction - Chipdip2 - 07-09-2015 11:38 AM

(07-09-2015 11:09 AM)Doo Wrote:  If we are going to be fair. Fleck deserves partial credit....no more, no less.

Alec Gores brother ownes the Pistons and is an MSU alum. I'll bet they knew he was a billionaire alum.

RE: Video Board Deconstruction - moe24 - 07-09-2015 12:25 PM

(07-08-2015 08:32 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  No, a donor FELL INTO OUR LAP.

This frustrates me to no end. I love my school, but there is so much they half-ass.

RE: Video Board Deconstruction - Doo - 07-09-2015 12:45 PM

Western has for most of its history been a reactive school. Leaning heavily on its ED school and it's locational strength. (hence the name). We've had to few forward thinkers. Floyd was so popular because he was forward thinking and a doer. Fleck is also a forward thinker too, and deserves credit for it. The difference between Fleck and Floyd however is that Floyd didn't keep reminding people about it.

RE: Video Board Deconstruction - goldsworth - 07-09-2015 01:28 PM

A little off topic but related to some of the connections WMU could pursue for athletic fundraising. All four of the professional sports teams in Detroit have a connection to WMU. Gores brotherwmu alum) and the Pistons, Dombrowski and the Tigers, Blashill.Dekyser and the Red Wings and former players Delmas and Scheffler with the Lions. There has to be some way that those relationships could be helpful to WMU.I gotta believe someone there has some marketing savy. The Gores connection has materialized the others could use some nudging.