CSNbbs
Tiger baseball vs. Houston - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Tiger baseball vs. Houston (/thread-738354.html)

Tiger baseball vs. Houston - TIGERBUDDY - 05-24-2015 04:15 AM

What the L happened? I watched the game and Houston can not be that much of a better team than our Tigers. What made the wheels come off to get a beat down like that?

RE: Tiger baseball vs. Houston - thagr82008 - 05-24-2015 06:39 AM

From what I understand, we were in sort of a quandry with our pitching going in. Seemed as though it was going to be a crap shoot. We jumped all over UC & I think they had a similar issue. In 7 innings of ball, they had used 6 different pitchers, trying to find one that would hit they zone....it took us a few to get to one that could keep us in the game, but by then,we had spotted 6 runs.....#2l8

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

RE: Tiger baseball vs. Houston - bluebacker - 05-24-2015 06:44 AM

Baseball is that way sometimes. A great major league team that wins 100 games still loses 62 and some of those will be to the last place teams..... It happens.

RE: Tiger baseball vs. Houston - Gray Avenger - 05-24-2015 09:53 AM

(05-24-2015 06:44 AM)bluebacker Wrote:  Baseball is that way sometimes. A great major league team that wins 100 games still loses 62 and some of those will be to the last place teams..... It happens.

Yes, baseball is a strange game sometimes. I recall being in St Louis a few years ago when the Cards were routed at home by the Phillies 18-1, but beat them the next day. Who would guess, judging by yesterday's score, that we have beaten Houston twice out of the 4 times we played this season?

Despite the probable disappointing end of high hopes, this has been a very good season in my book, no matter what we hear from the selection committee tommorow. At least there were high hopes (and a lot of fun). That's more than a lot of teams can say.

RE: Tiger baseball vs. Houston - snowtiger - 05-24-2015 10:30 AM

The announcer fellers sewed doubt about our pitcher before he even took the mound.

Lead-off triple was like a horrible giant weed that sprung up and choked the life out of us.

RE: Tiger baseball vs. Houston - ncrdbl1 - 05-24-2015 03:21 PM

Interesting results since we were ranked in top 10 most of the year in WHIP. UH was focused and we were short on arms. Also they felt they owed us for the loss in the regular season series.