CSNbbs
'Strong indications' UAB will not reinstate football, State Rep. Jack Williams says - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: 'Strong indications' UAB will not reinstate football, State Rep. Jack Williams says (/thread-738119.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

'Strong indications' UAB will not reinstate football, State Rep. Jack Williams says - GreenSteve - 05-21-2015 12:05 PM

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/05/strong_indications_uab_will_no.html

RE: 'Strong indications' UAB will not reinstate football, State Rep. Jack Williams says - WKUFan518 - 05-21-2015 12:07 PM

Why in the world would this guy announce for a 2nd time UAB football is done....Is he serious? Better amp up the security around him if he really is going to announce for a second time UAB football is Dead...

RE: 'Strong indications' UAB will not reinstate football, State Rep. Jack Williams says - No Bull - 05-21-2015 12:12 PM

Ray Watts is a monster.

RE: 'Strong indications' UAB will not reinstate football, State Rep. Jack Williams says - Cnelson203 - 05-21-2015 12:48 PM

To UAB folks...what's the street credibility of Rep. Williams? Does he know what he's talking about? Or is this political gasoline on the fire to generate some heat under President Watts? This sounds ominous, if he's creditable.

RE: 'Strong indications' UAB will not reinstate football, State Rep. Jack Williams says - Saint Greg - 05-21-2015 12:49 PM

(05-21-2015 12:07 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Why in the world would this guy announce for a 2nd time UAB football is done....Is he serious? Better amp up the security around him if he really is going to announce for a second time UAB football is Dead...

That's probably why he's going to do it via email on the Friday night before Memorial Day weekend.

RE: 'Strong indications' UAB will not reinstate football, State Rep. Jack Williams says - Attackcoog - 05-21-2015 12:53 PM

(05-21-2015 12:49 PM)Saint Greg Wrote:  
(05-21-2015 12:07 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Why in the world would this guy announce for a 2nd time UAB football is done....Is he serious? Better amp up the security around him if he really is going to announce for a second time UAB football is Dead...

That's probably why he's going to do it via email on the Friday night before Memorial Day weekend.

Yup. Thats the classic method of releasing bad news. Do it late Friday of a long weekend where most people will miss it. It basically misses its main news cycle and by the next Tuesday when people are paying attention again its already being superceeded by other news.

RE: 'Strong indications' UAB will not reinstate football, State Rep. Jack Williams says - TOPSTRAIGHT - 05-21-2015 01:08 PM

Again could be political gasoline to fire up supporters for one last all-out barrage.

UAB folks,if you have ANY ammunition left or stops to pull-THIS-repeat- THIS may be your last shot!

Go for broke!!

Our hopes and support are with you!!

RE: 'Strong indications' UAB will not reinstate football, State Rep. Jack Williams says - ecumbh1999 - 05-21-2015 01:15 PM

(05-21-2015 01:08 PM)TOPSTRAIGHT Wrote:  Again could be political gasoline to fire up supporters for one last all-out barrage.

UAB folks,if you have ANY ammunition left or stops to pull-THIS-repeat- THIS may be your last shot!

Go for broke!!

Our hopes and support are with you!!

That is the wayit read, as if the Rep is turning up the heat on Watts and trying to people out again. He threw a few barbs Watts.

Though it would figure that Watts would not only till a Friday night on a holiday weekend, but to wait until school is out and most students are gone. Complete BS.

RE: 'Strong indications' UAB will not reinstate football, State Rep. Jack Williams says - msm96wolf - 05-21-2015 01:54 PM

It does look like this may be the "Hail Mary" for UAB Football thrown by Rep Williams. My prediction is Watts is now just going to move it to Friday 5pm May 29th. Just sounds like something he would do. Other than football returning, the only other best case scenario would be UAB joining the Sun Belt and when UAB gets a new president, then try to bring back football. That would be the fastest path to get back to FBS which still would be a 3-4 year process. Only question, is the SBC willing to do this. Still hoping a miracle occurs for UAB while there is time on the clock but it appears to be winding down fast.

RE: 'Strong indications' UAB will not reinstate football, State Rep. Jack Williams says - MinerInWisconsin - 05-21-2015 01:54 PM

After all the pledges for funds and all the voices of support and the newest report, Watts still kills football? If he does then he meant to do it all along despite any show of support and financial promises. Makes no sense to have a second study if his mind was already made up.

RE: 'Strong indications' UAB will not reinstate football, State Rep. Jack Williams says - Shrack - 05-21-2015 02:06 PM

I'm pretty sure we're going to be north of 25 million in support once another announcement is made...unreal that that money is going to be turned down.

RE: 'Strong indications' UAB will not reinstate football, State Rep. Jack Williams says - FlyHawk98 - 05-21-2015 02:06 PM

Why does 1 single person get so much control in the situation?

RE: 'Strong indications' UAB will not reinstate football, State Rep. Jack Williams says - 49RFootballNow - 05-21-2015 02:46 PM

Here's the chant one might hear at UAB soon:

"If he says no, let his blood flow!"

*This poster does not condone acts of violence and the above slogan is for entertain purposes only.

RE: 'Strong indications' UAB will not reinstate football, State Rep. Jack Williams says - UofMemphis - 05-21-2015 02:55 PM

I can't believe some thought Ray Watts would just suddenly change his mind...

RE: 'Strong indications' UAB will not reinstate football, State Rep. Jack Williams says - Shrack - 05-21-2015 02:58 PM

(05-21-2015 02:55 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  I can't believe some thought Ray Watts would just suddenly change his mind...

I believe people thought that straight money would force him to reinstate it. Turning down boatloads of money looks bad, especially when you said that money was the reason for shutting down the program. We'll see what happens.

RE: 'Strong indications' UAB will not reinstate football, State Rep. Jack Williams says - marlonfield - 05-21-2015 03:01 PM

where was this support before?, is a pledge a guarantee that they will pay all this money to the school. They could say it just to get football and not ever pay

RE: 'Strong indications' UAB will not reinstate football, State Rep. Jack Williams says - BlazerGold09 - 05-21-2015 03:11 PM

(05-21-2015 03:01 PM)marlonfield Wrote:  where was this support before?, is a pledge a guarantee that they will pay all this money to the school. They could say it just to get football and not ever pay

FOR THE 10 MILLIONTH TIME....

The money has always been there. This is the first time ever donors were allowed to give to football and not just over all athletics. Also, you have to understand a large chunk of that money is from people who have been moved by the situation and also want to see downtown Birmingham continue to thrive. We have ZERO issues gaining band wagon supporters.

RE: 'Strong indications' UAB will not reinstate football, State Rep. Jack Williams says - FlyHawk98 - 05-21-2015 03:17 PM

I thought I read that some money was in (or was going to be) escrow to prove the money is already there. It's more than a pledge, but if football is canceled the person gets their money back.

Did I read that somewhere or did I imagine that?

RE: 'Strong indications' UAB will not reinstate football, State Rep. Jack Williams says - usm99 - 05-21-2015 03:20 PM

Is there a chance that if Watts still kills football that more sports could be cut as donors who were donating major funds to the general fund might stop giving all together or does the sports already cut put UAB at the minimum for D1 status?

RE: 'Strong indications' UAB will not reinstate football, State Rep. Jack Williams says - THUNDERStruck73 - 05-21-2015 03:23 PM

(05-21-2015 03:17 PM)FlyHawk98 Wrote:  I thought I read that some money was in (or was going to be) escrow to prove the money is already there. It's more than a pledge, but if football is canceled the person gets their money back.

Did I read that somewhere or did I imagine that?
^^^This is what I've heard as well. If fb isn't reinstated, then the donors will get their money back.

I hope Ray Watts gets the massive amounts of bad karma that he has so earned and shares it with that rodeo ass-clown Bryant, Jr.