CSNbbs
OT: Mad Max Fury Road - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: OT: Mad Max Fury Road (/thread-737652.html)

Pages: 1 2

OT: Mad Max Fury Road - SApuro - 05-16-2015 02:33 AM

If you are a fan of the Mad Max series you have to see this one. The costume designs were unreal.

RE: OT: Mad Max Fury Road - RonBurgundy - 05-16-2015 12:30 PM

On a MLB scout scale with 20 the lowest and 80 the highest, what would you rate it?

RE: OT: Mad Max Fury Road - SethManKA1 - 05-16-2015 01:36 PM

I saw it, I liked it but "Max" hardly spoke in the movie. Good action and breaks to slow the movie down. On that scale I would rate it around a 62 IMO.

SMTTT

RE: OT: Mad Max Fury Road - stinkfist - 05-16-2015 04:10 PM

(05-16-2015 01:36 PM)SethManKA1 Wrote:  I saw it, I liked it but "Max" hardly spoke in the movie. Good action and breaks to slow the movie down. On that scale I would rate it around a 62 IMO.

SMTTT

...hardly spoke in the original.....gibson's accent was so thick then, it was an issue when he did open his yammer...

I'll be shocked if it comes close to capturing the 'originality' of the first one....IMO, the original was 'rocky horror' iconic....

RE: OT: Mad Max Fury Road - Volkmar - 05-16-2015 06:29 PM

(05-16-2015 04:10 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(05-16-2015 01:36 PM)SethManKA1 Wrote:  I saw it, I liked it but "Max" hardly spoke in the movie. Good action and breaks to slow the movie down. On that scale I would rate it around a 62 IMO.

SMTTT

...hardly spoke in the original.....gibson's accent was so thick then, it was an issue when he did open his yammer...

I'll be shocked if it comes close to capturing the 'originality' of the first one....IMO, the original was 'rocky horror' iconic....

The original and the second (The Road Warrior) are both classics. The Mad Max franchise took a step back with Thunderdome.

Regarding the accent in the original though, I don't know what the issue was. I understood him just fine and I learned English as a 2nd language. The movies are Australian, so to hear anything else but that accent would be a huge disappointment. I also like the fact that he hardly spoke in the original. Few words/bold actions was part of his character, a modern-day Australian version of the classic Clint Eastwood spaghetti western.

RE: OT: Mad Max Fury Road - SApuro - 05-16-2015 06:42 PM

it tuned out to be the 2nd best movie in the franchise. I give it a 71. Road Warrior is tough to pass by.

Pretty cool that Imortan Joe is the same actor as Toecutter(original Mad Max bad guy)

RE: OT: Mad Max Fury Road - PirateTreasureNC - 05-16-2015 07:52 PM

(05-16-2015 02:33 AM)SApuro Wrote:  If you are a fan of the Mad Max series you have to see this one. The costume designs were unreal.

The bad-assery of the imagery, the cars, and the action is 2nd to none.

That said, I watched the first one a few months ago, and while I liked it, I didn't get how it spawned two more sequels. I haven't seen The Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome in forever to even remember details on them.

I think they left a little too much unexplained on certain points though.

RE: OT: Mad Max Fury Road - Cscollis - 05-16-2015 08:53 PM

Skip Mad Max and see Pitch Perfect 2. Funny as hell and almost as good as the first.

RE: OT: Mad Max Fury Road - RonBurgundy - 05-16-2015 11:23 PM

Saw it tonight, gonna give it a 60. Excellent special effects and stunts as well as the whole environment for the movie. Just never got sucked into the story of the movie though.

RE: OT: Mad Max Fury Road - BamaScorpio69 - 05-17-2015 12:59 AM

(05-16-2015 08:53 PM)Cscollis Wrote:  Skip Mad Max and see Pitch Perfect 2. Funny as hell and almost as good as the first.

This thread isn't about Pitch Perfect. But you more than welcome to start a separate thread about the movie.

RE: OT: Mad Max Fury Road - VA49er - 05-17-2015 06:17 AM

(05-16-2015 08:53 PM)Cscollis Wrote:  Skip Mad Max and see Pitch Perfect 2. Funny as hell and almost as good as the first.

lol what? Two totally different types of movies. Not even sure a fan of one would even want to see the other.

RE: OT: Mad Max Fury Road - OptimisticOwl - 05-17-2015 07:21 AM

I am one who would like to see both movies, but they are so different that they should not be included in the same thread, unless we want to rename it Mad Perfect Pitch Warrior Maxine.

Interesting little oddity, though, Rebel Wilson of Perfect Pitch is also Australian.

RE: OT: Mad Max Fury Road - Stick4489 - 05-17-2015 08:40 AM

SMTTT

Nobody goes to see Mad Max for the dialogue.

Fury Road was over the top kickass fun.

RE: OT: Mad Max Fury Road - stinkfist - 05-17-2015 09:41 AM

(05-16-2015 06:29 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  
(05-16-2015 04:10 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

SMTTT

The original and the second (The Road Warrior) are both classics. The Mad Max franchise took a step back with Thunderdome.

Regarding the accent in the original though, I don't know what the issue was. I understood him just fine and I learned English as a 2nd language. The movies are Australian, so to hear anything else but that accent would be a huge disappointment. I also like the fact that he hardly spoke in the original. Few words/bold actions was part of his character, a modern-day Australian version of the classic Clint Eastwood spaghetti western.

the issue was having to retrain his voice - it was fine by the time they filmed.....and agree with your take on the two sequels

based on the reviews from posters here, I'm gonna have to check it out....

RE: OT: Mad Max Fury Road - tigerjeb - 05-17-2015 10:30 AM

fury road was visually amazing and the stunt work insane. hardy was great as was theron and elvis's lil' grandbaby is a looker. fell apart over the last 15 minutes for me though. well worth seeing though and i agree, just a hair behind the road warrior

RE: OT: Mad Max Fury Road - wh49er - 05-17-2015 10:57 AM

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

RE: OT: Mad Max Fury Road - triplegood - 05-17-2015 11:25 AM

Pitch Perfect 2? Boy, you're leaving me a lot of openings with that one. But I'll opt for political correctness and pass.

RE: OT: Mad Max Fury Road - Volkmar - 05-17-2015 02:44 PM

[Image: mxsu5Wy.gif]

RE: OT: Mad Max Fury Road - PirateTreasureNC - 05-17-2015 06:01 PM

(05-17-2015 02:44 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  

[Image: mxsu5Wy.gif]

I mean if the Green Bay Packers can cameo....05-stirthepot

RE: OT: Mad Max Fury Road - RaiderDoug - 05-18-2015 09:52 AM

I saw both PP2 and Mad Max. Had to compromise with the wife to get her to Fury Road.

PP2 was pretty good. If you liked the first one, you'll like this one. Its more of the same.

I thought Mad Max was fantastic - one of the best action movies to come out in years.

I will say that you kind of do need to be a fan of the Mad Max universe. They don't do a whole lot of explaining or setting up plot or backstory. If you've already bought into the Road Warrior/Thunderdome universe - you'll get into the movie quickly. If not, then you do spend some time wondering what the heck is going on.

If you're tired of comic book crud where the entire movie is following around a "hero" in a ballerina outfit and action scenes that are clearly nothing but computer generated special effects, you'll love Mad Max.