CSNbbs
Men's Basketball Reoffer's Buffalo Decommit Nate Navigato - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Men's Basketball Reoffer's Buffalo Decommit Nate Navigato (/thread-736217.html)

Pages: 1 2

Men's Basketball Reoffer's Buffalo Decommit Nate Navigato - Basketball Jones - 04-30-2015 01:07 PM

Nate Navigato, a 6-7 Senior Forward from Geneva, IL received a second offer from Toledo after visiting earlier this week. Navigato, who recently received his release from Buffalo after Bobby Hurley left, had the Rockets as one of his three finalists before deciding on the Bulls initially. He averaged 20 points and 5 rebounds per game this season in leading his high school to a 30-5 record and fourth place finish in Class 4A. His coach says he is a unique player who can both step out and shoot and post up inside. He also said that he thinks he has potential to play somewhere professionally after his college career.

RE: Men's Basketball Reoffer's Buffalo Decommit Nate Navigato - SylvaniaRocket - 04-30-2015 01:29 PM

(04-30-2015 01:07 PM)Basketball Jones Wrote:  Nate Navigato, a 6-7 Senior Forward from Geneva, IL received a second offer from Toledo after visiting earlier this week. Navigato, who recently received his release from Buffalo after Bobby Hurley left, had the Rockets as one of his three finalists before deciding on the Bulls initially. He averaged 20 points and 5 rebounds per game this season in leading his high school to a 30-5 record and fourth place finish in Class 4A. His coach says he is a unique player who can both step out and shoot and post up inside. He also said that he thinks he has potential to play somewhere professionally after his college career.

If he joins us, will he have to sit out a year or would he be an incoming freshman?

RE: Men's Basketball Reoffer's Buffalo Decommit Nate Navigato - Sleepy - 04-30-2015 01:35 PM

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/aurora-beacon-news/sports/ct-abn-basketball-nate-navigato-st-0426-20150424-story.html

RE: Men's Basketball Reoffer's Buffalo Decommit Nate Navigato - SylvaniaRocket - 04-30-2015 01:47 PM

(04-30-2015 01:35 PM)Sleepy Wrote:  http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/aurora-beacon-news/sports/ct-abn-basketball-nate-navigato-st-0426-20150424-story.html

Thanks Sleepy.

RE: Men's Basketball Reoffer's Buffalo Decommit Nate Navigato - DetroitRocket - 04-30-2015 01:58 PM

Just my opinion, but I would pass. Mostly a stand-still shooter who doesn't create his own shots, plays below the rim and isn't very athletic. Five rebounds per game for a 6-7 guy tells a lot. My guess is that he goes to Bradley or another Illinois school.

We are still in on some forwards who have a much better offensive and defensive package.

RE: Men's Basketball Reoffer's Buffalo Decommit Nate Navigato - bcunn3128 - 04-30-2015 08:12 PM

Hey, where did Rocket-for-a-week Anderson end up?[/align]

RE: Men's Basketball Reoffer's Buffalo Decommit Nate Navigato - H2Oville Rocket - 04-30-2015 08:47 PM

(04-30-2015 01:58 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  Just my opinion, but I would pass. Mostly a stand-still shooter who doesn't create his own shots, plays below the rim and isn't very athletic. Five rebounds per game for a 6-7 guy tells a lot. My guess is that he goes to Bradley or another Illinois school.

We are still in on some forwards who have a much better offensive and defensive package.

BG used to always have a Larranaga or Komives or other stand still shooters who just killed us. Never hurts to have a tall perimeter shooter. Matt Smith was sort of that guy for us his junior year.

RE: Men's Basketball Reoffer's Buffalo Decommit Nate Navigato - pono - 05-01-2015 04:22 AM

(04-30-2015 01:58 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  Just my opinion, but I would pass. Mostly a stand-still shooter who doesn't create his own shots, plays below the rim and isn't very athletic. Five rebounds per game for a 6-7 guy tells a lot. My guess is that he goes to Bradley or another Illinois school.

how much have you seen him play. i've only seen video and read a few articles, but i like him. he may not be a spectacular athlete, but he's a skilled guy with size who has excelled in games against good competition. toughness, skill, size. central michigan destroyed us without a lot of athleticism, just guys who have skills, use their body well and work together.

naivgato was slightly higher rated in illinois that adway, who had a great sr year and is an excellent prospect. plus, we've got 2 spots to fill and at this point of the recruiting season it's usually sleepers or, if you're lucky, a guy who is a late qualifier or gets a release from another school. who knows if navigate will be a star, but he's about as highly rated of a recruit as we could expect to get at this point.

RE: Men's Basketball Reoffer's Buffalo Decommit Nate Navigato - Rocket Pirate - 05-01-2015 10:02 AM

What pono said...

With the current roster and no consistent outside threats, he could be a contributor right away. The only downside to going after a player like Navigato is if it cost the Rockets a better recruit, but that's definitely not the case right now nor with the Class of 2016 (so far).

RE: Men's Basketball Reoffer's Buffalo Decommit Nate Navigato - rocketpaul - 05-01-2015 05:25 PM

(05-01-2015 10:02 AM)Rocket Pirate Wrote:  What pono said...

With the current roster and no consistent outside threats, he could be a contributor right away. The only downside to going after a player like Navigato is if it cost the Rockets a better recruit, but that's definitely not the case right now nor with the Class of 2016 (so far).
I also agree with Pono but is doesn't matter if we are a dissenting voice or not it is obvious that Coach K wants him and his opinion is more important than any of ours and I for am willing to trust his judgement it has been pretty good so far maybe not perfect but recruiting is as much art as it is science.

RE: Men's Basketball Reoffer's Buffalo Decommit Nate Navigato - FMRocket - 05-02-2015 10:41 AM

(05-01-2015 05:25 PM)rocketpaul Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 10:02 AM)Rocket Pirate Wrote:  What pono said...

I also agree with Pono but is doesn't matter if we are a dissenting voice or not it is obvious that Coach K wants him and his opinion is more important than any of ours and I for am willing to trust his judgement it has been pretty good so far maybe not perfect but recruiting is as much art as it is science.

+1

RE: Men's Basketball Reoffer's Buffalo Decommit Nate Navigato - Rocket75 - 05-05-2015 09:22 AM

Anthony Glover is transferring from Chicago State.

RE: Men's Basketball Reoffer's Buffalo Decommit Nate Navigato - DetroitRocket - 05-05-2015 09:34 AM

(05-05-2015 09:22 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  Anthony Glover is transferring from Chicago State.

To Indiana University of Pennsylvania (DII) ?????

Nice DII arena.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiPUm9TtWO5dcoy2yrILS...6JJEsHPbY8]

RE: Men's Basketball Reoffer's Buffalo Decommit Nate Navigato - utpotts - 05-06-2015 01:39 PM

(05-05-2015 09:34 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  
(05-05-2015 09:22 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  Anthony Glover is transferring from Chicago State.

Nice DII arena.

That's nicer than the High School gym BG has.

RE: Men's Basketball Reoffer's Buffalo Decommit Nate Navigato - Rocket Pirate - 05-06-2015 02:16 PM

Nice DII arena.

IUP has an excellent basketball program, is a good school, and he doesn't have to sit out a year. Chicago State is struggling to keep its doors open.

RE: Men's Basketball Reoffer's Buffalo Decommit Nate Navigato - RocketElvis - 05-06-2015 03:28 PM

(05-06-2015 01:39 PM)utpotts Wrote:  

Nice DII arena.

Corner seats that face the court and not other fans!!!!! Who ever thought of that!!!!!!

RE: Men's Basketball Reoffer's Buffalo Decommit Nate Navigato - dekalb222 - 05-06-2015 04:58 PM

Can confirm through a most reliable source that 6'7 2015 WF Nate Navigato has committed to Toledo & HC Tod Kowalczyk. Super get for Rockets!

Illinois Prepbullseye-Roy Schimdt

RE: Men's Basketball Reoffer's Buffalo Decommit Nate Navigato - San Giuseppe Jato Rocket - 05-06-2015 05:06 PM

Just read his Twitter feed.

Best news in a long time!

RE: Men's Basketball Reoffer's Buffalo Decommit Nate Navigato - DetroitRocket - 05-06-2015 05:18 PM

Nate Navigato @NateNavigato ยท 23m 23 minutes ago

I am honored to say that I have officially committed to continue my basketball career at the University of Toledo! #GoRockets ??
18 retweets 40 favorites

RE: Men's Basketball Reoffer's Buffalo Decommit Nate Navigato - Rocket A - 05-06-2015 05:18 PM

(05-06-2015 03:28 PM)RocketElvis Wrote:  
(05-06-2015 01:39 PM)utpotts Wrote:  

Nice DII arena.

Corner seats that face the court and not other fans!!!!! Who ever thought of that!!!!!!

They played in the D-II National Championship Game this year.