CSNbbs
2015 Orlando Sentinel CFB Countdown #121 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: 2015 Orlando Sentinel CFB Countdown #121 (/thread-736124.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

2015 Orlando Sentinel CFB Countdown #121 - RamblinRedWolf - 04-29-2015 03:58 PM

Georgia State

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/college-gridiron-365/os-college-football-countdown-no-121-georgia-state-2015-post.html

RE: 2015 Orlando Sentinel CFB Countdown #121 - TheRevSWT - 04-29-2015 04:09 PM

2 things:

1. This sounds condescending, but I like that Georgia State isn't considered the worst team in college football. They have shown sparks, and I don't think this year will be a "contender" year for them, but I think they are going to turn some heads, and maybe post 3-4 wins (which I think is a good season for them, considering where they've been the past few years).

2. Wow, they have UTSA at 123... Guess they have more problems than I originally thought. Figured they'd have a rough year, but didn't see them being ranked THAT low.

RE: 2015 Orlando Sentinel CFB Countdown #121 - GSU Eagles - 04-29-2015 04:15 PM

Thanks for posting. We may want t thread for the Orlando Sentinel ranking that can be updated each time a SBC team appears..

RE: 2015 Orlando Sentinel CFB Countdown #121 - bokobobcat1919 - 04-29-2015 04:16 PM

(04-29-2015 04:09 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  2. Wow, they have UTSA at 123... Guess they have more problems than I originally thought. Figured they'd have a rough year, but didn't see them being ranked THAT low.

Lost ALOT of starters.

funny that not long ago Bobcat fans were screaming at our coaching staff about UTSA passing us. Our recruiting has been head and shoulder's better than theirs the last four-five years.

I cant wait for some revenge.

RE: 2015 Orlando Sentinel CFB Countdown #121 - Bobcat87 - 04-29-2015 04:18 PM

(04-29-2015 04:09 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  2 things:

1. This sounds condescending, but I like that Georgia State isn't considered the worst team in college football. They have shown sparks, and I don't think this year will be a "contender" year for them, but I think they are going to turn some heads, and maybe post 3-4 wins (which I think is a good season for them, considering where they've been the past few years).

2. Wow, they have UTSA at 123... Guess they have more problems than I originally thought. Figured they'd have a rough year, but didn't see them being ranked THAT low.

. . . .utsa lost a ton to graduation . . . All those Freshman that came in and got the program off the ground . . They were supposed to make a lot of noise last year, but it didn't quite work out for them . . . . In any event, they look to be in rebuilding mode . . . .

I also think the Panthers win 3-4, just hope one of those is not against us . . . .

RE: 2015 Orlando Sentinel CFB Countdown #121 - Bobcat87 - 04-29-2015 04:20 PM

(04-29-2015 04:16 PM)bokobobcat1919 Wrote:  
(04-29-2015 04:09 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  2. Wow, they have UTSA at 123... Guess they have more problems than I originally thought. Figured they'd have a rough year, but didn't see them being ranked THAT low.

Lost ALOT of starters.

funny that not long ago Bobcat fans were screaming at our coaching staff about UTSA passing us. Our recruiting has been head and shoulder's better than theirs the last four-five years.

I cant wait for some revenge.

Revenge, 2017 can't get here soon enough . . . .

RE: 2015 Orlando Sentinel CFB Countdown #121 - RamblinRedWolf - 04-29-2015 05:32 PM

Georgia state is a puzzling team-Atlanta is a great location and they have a large enrollment size with solid funding, yet they seem to be a program still struggling to find any footing.

I don't think the F_U schools struggled as much as GSU has

RE: 2015 Orlando Sentinel CFB Countdown #121 - RoyK - 04-29-2015 06:11 PM

(04-29-2015 05:32 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  Georgia state is a puzzling team-Atlanta is a great location and they have a large enrollment size with solid funding, yet they seem to be a program still struggling to find any footing.

What exactly is puzzling. Due to previous coach (can't build a roster, had a few gems but a lot of misses )incompetent AD ( this broad literally makes Hilary Clinton look like a great presidential canned are) lack of winning and I missing something. You get the picture. The truth is we were decent in some areas but bad in others (talking bout you defense and running game , lack of urgency or execution in the red zone).

RE: 2015 Orlando Sentinel CFB Countdown #121 - Pounce FTW - 04-29-2015 06:56 PM

(04-29-2015 06:11 PM)RoyK Wrote:  
(04-29-2015 05:32 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  Georgia state is a puzzling team-Atlanta is a great location and they have a large enrollment size with solid funding, yet they seem to be a program still struggling to find any footing.

What exactly is puzzling. Due to previous coach (can't build a roster, had a few gems but a lot of misses )incompetent AD ( this broad literally makes Hilary Clinton look like a great presidential canned are) lack of winning and I missing something. You get the picture. The truth is we were decent in some areas but bad in others (talking bout you defense and running game , lack of urgency or execution in the red zone).

I get the idea of ours being a puzzling situation. The word potential has been associated with our program since its inception. We have yet to realize even a small portion of it. As you listed, we've had a perfect storm of mistakes and bad situations that have kept us from achieving much of anything, and this stack of issues probably doesn't happen very easily. Every year I get a little puzzled, I guess, since it was clear during year two that we were a bad team...but it's taken the last three years for me to realize just how bad we must have been.

RE: 2015 Orlando Sentinel CFB Countdown #121 - TheRevSWT - 04-29-2015 07:13 PM

Georgia State fans: Someone told me that the first couple of years you couldn't fill out your roster and had to take a bunch of walk-ons. Is that legit, or was that blown out of proportion?

RE: 2015 Orlando Sentinel CFB Countdown #121 - RoyK - 04-29-2015 07:37 PM

(04-29-2015 07:13 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  Georgia State fans: Someone told me that the first couple of years you couldn't fill out your roster and had to take a bunch of walk-ons. Is that legit, or was that blown out of proportion?

There were some walkons but not to that extreme. Just a lot of misses more than hits.

RE: 2015 Orlando Sentinel CFB Countdown #121 - RamblinRedWolf44 - 04-29-2015 09:46 PM

I think GSU would benefit from having a long time, old school coach leading the way (much in the same aspect that Howard Schnellenberger did for FAU as well as Larry Coker for UTSA).

RE: 2015 Orlando Sentinel CFB Countdown #121 - The4thOption - 04-29-2015 09:52 PM

(04-29-2015 09:46 PM)RamblinRedWolf44 Wrote:  

I think GSU would benefit from having a long time, old school coach leading the way (much in the same aspect that Howard Schnellenberger did for FAU as well as Larry Coker for UTSA).

Maybe Bill Curry is available?

RE: 2015 Orlando Sentinel CFB Countdown #121 - RoyK - 04-29-2015 09:59 PM

Tried that.

RE: 2015 Orlando Sentinel CFB Countdown #121 - RoyK - 04-29-2015 10:00 PM

(04-29-2015 09:52 PM)The4thOption Wrote:  

05-nono

RE: 2015 Orlando Sentinel CFB Countdown #121 - The4thOption - 04-29-2015 10:03 PM

(04-29-2015 10:00 PM)RoyK Wrote:  

05-nono

04-cheers Couldn't help it 03-nerner

RE: 2015 Orlando Sentinel CFB Countdown #121 - RoyK - 04-29-2015 10:53 PM

(04-29-2015 10:03 PM)The4thOption Wrote:  
(04-29-2015 10:00 PM)RoyK Wrote:  
(04-29-2015 06:11 PM)RoyK Wrote:  What exactly is puzzling. Due to previous coach (can't build a roster, had a few gems but a lot of misses )incompetent AD ( this broad literally makes Hilary Clinton look like a great presidential canned are) lack of winning and I missing something. You get the picture. The truth is we were decent in some areas but bad in others (talking bout you defense and running game , lack of urgency or execution in the red zone).

05-nono

04-cheers Couldn't help it 03-nerner

I heard hatcher wants to redeem himself and will apply once Fritz blows town for Georgia Tech.03-nutkick

RE: 2015 Orlando Sentinel CFB Countdown #121 - Appdoggy - 04-29-2015 11:10 PM

Haha I like how you just assume that everyone will agree that *Hillary Clinton is a bad presidential *candidate...

RE: 2015 Orlando Sentinel CFB Countdown #121 - rbostic218 - 04-30-2015 08:04 AM

Yes we Americans are good at thinking everyone believes the say way we do. That's the American way!!!

RE: 2015 Orlando Sentinel CFB Countdown #121 - Crump1 - 04-30-2015 09:20 AM

Schools in large urban areas will always have to work harder to succeed in football in my opinion. Unlike basketball and baseball, football relies more on HS recruits than JC and FBS transfers. Parents are more involved in the process of high school recruiting. I would prefer that my kids go to college in a more traditional college town. Big cities are great but not a preferred destination for a lot of kids stepping out on their own for the first time at 17 or 18. It can be overcome with the right approach, the right coach and a little luck but it has always seemed to me that schools like Ga St., UNT, FIU, etc. struggle when recruiting head to head against more traditional campuses.

Just my two cents.