CSNbbs
The 2015 Homer Football Projection - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: The 2015 Homer Football Projection (/thread-734483.html)

Pages: 1 2

The 2015 Homer Football Projection - pesik - 04-13-2015 11:51 AM

sbnation does something like this and was bored so i made one for the AAC. coming into the season, most of us have borderline unrealistc expectations for our team, my look at what it think those expectations are for each team for the homers (that some are vocal about and the rest are thinking in the back of their mind)

[Image: tumblr_ll0konLKMv1qd9nnbo1_500.gif]

West

Memphis 13-0- Lynch will be a star and the best qb in the league and the offense is stacked, we are going to upset ole miss and go undefeated

Houston 13-0 tom herman just won a nationa championship , greg ward and farrow our offense will be great, we are gong to be go undefeated

Navy 12-1 outside of ND reynolds will set records versus the rest of the league, we're winning the aac year 1 in the league

Tulsa 8-4 we were only bad because of blankenship, just losing him alone will return to being good

Tulane 7-5 tanner lee will be a future lottery draft pick, we making a bowl this year and winning the league the year after

SMU 6-6, ill be happy with with 5 wins but chad morris will find a way to win 6 and get us bowling and we don't have june anymore who was the reason we werent good

East

Cincy 13-0 we are going to blow almost everyone out, gunner kiel will break records and will be a heisman finalist

UCF 13-0- we have never not won the league i dont see that changing until we are knocked off, no other reason needed

ECU 11-2 Kurt Benkert will be better than carden and has a strong, stacked WRs and the backups were actually better than the starters

Temple 10-3 - will be one of the best defenses in the nation we added some great wrs and the offense will return to liting it up

USF 8-4- taggart will turn it around, a new offense and flowers is legit and been killing it in spring

UConn- 6-6 our transfer qb is very good, our defense produces nfl players, you guys keep overlooking us and we will shock you, ask ucf we are going bowling this year

RE: The 2015 Homer Football Projection - PirateJim - 04-13-2015 02:02 PM

Do we have enough bowls for everyone?

RE: The 2015 Homer Football Projection - mtmedlin - 04-14-2015 09:09 AM

Heres the issue.... Taggart is still working out the quirks, Flowers has been inconsistant, weve already lost to offensive linemen we thought we would have and out entire offense and defense is totally changing along with breaking in 4 new coaches including a OC and DC.... if we are Lucky well be 6-6, which is what I am hoping for.

RE: The 2015 Homer Football Projection - oliveandblue - 04-14-2015 11:30 AM

Tulane is going to have a very poor season. The non-conference slate should render a 2-2 record (which is fine), but the OC is awful and the fanbase is ALREADY fed up with the new look team.

3-9 to 5-7 will be the final result. An opening night home blowout loss to Duke will kill any energy for 2015. I can't believe ESPN actually WANTED that game for primetime - it will make the AAC look weaker than it really is.

Re: RE: The 2015 Homer Football Projection - Kruciff - 04-14-2015 11:57 AM

(04-13-2015 11:51 AM)pesik Wrote:  ECU 11-2 Kurt Benkert will be better than carden and has a strong, stacked WRs and the backups were actually better than the starters

Is it sad that I've legitimately heard this before?

RE: The 2015 Homer Football Projection - Kruciff - 04-14-2015 11:59 AM

Just being the voice of reason, unless the defense makes huge, unexpected strides in replacing experience, we are neither winning at Stanford nor at USCe. If we couldn't beat a P5 team with the most loaded defense in school history last year, ain't no way we do this year, especially considering the additional question marks on offense

RE: The 2015 Homer Football Projection - C2__ - 04-14-2015 12:07 PM

I was just about to joke that I came into this thread expecting to see Homer Simpson...only to actually see him in the OP. 07-coffee3

RE: The 2015 Homer Football Projection - uhmump95 - 04-14-2015 12:26 PM

mtmedlin, oliveandblue, and Kruciff, the purpose of this thread is for totally homer predictions on your team. Any further injections of reality into this thread will results in disciplinary actions.

Now post your unrealistic expectations and I want at least three Memphis fans predicting P5 invites before the 3rd page ....

Re: RE: The 2015 Homer Football Projection - Kruciff - 04-14-2015 12:38 PM

(04-14-2015 12:26 PM)uhmump95 Wrote:  mtmedlin, oliveandblue, and Kruciff, the purpose of this thread is for totally homer predictions on your team. Any further injections of reality into this thread will results in disciplinary actions.

Now post your unrealistic expectations and I want at least three Memphis fans predicting P5 invites before the 3rd page ....

Oh ok.

Well then, UCF will not only leave the AAC immediately, but won't even play any games during the regular season, except our warm up cupcake games (Stanford and USCe, if you forgot their names). Our season will consist of playing every one of the division champions in the P5 so they can judge whether they are worthy of playing in their own championship. We of course will go undefeated (9, 10, or 11-0, depending on if the Big 12 has one, two, or three true champions), then travel to North Korea, and fill the 150,000 seat stadium with only about a quarter of our traveling fanbase, where we will play the winner of the super bowl in a close but decisive victory. An eagle will them land on Kim Jong un 's shoulder, singing the american national anthem, while they jointly bless our team as the world's greatest eternal champion and negotiate a peace that lasts a thousand years, signed on George O'Leary's back, and then proceed to cancel all football games forever after because really what's the point after this legendary UCF team?

RE: The 2015 Homer Football Projection - pesik - 04-14-2015 12:54 PM

(04-14-2015 11:30 AM)oliveandblue Wrote:  Tulane is going to have a very poor season. The non-conference slate should render a 2-2 record (which is fine), but the OC is awful and the fanbase is ALREADY fed up with the new look team.

3-9 to 5-7 will be the final result. An opening night home blowout loss to Duke will kill any energy for 2015. I can't believe ESPN actually WANTED that game for primetime - it will make the AAC look weaker than it really is.

dukes replacing a qb and a ton of key players ... technically duke blew you guys out last year but you actually matched their total offense numbers just had a ton of turnovers (4ints and a fumble) and it was an away game.. you're at home, they arre rebuilding, tanner no longer a freshmen..... even on realistic expectations, this will be a close game

but im going to need your homer juices flowing....lets get back on te tanner lee band wagon, that was way overhyped last year

RE: The 2015 Homer Football Projection - Carolina_Low_Country - 04-14-2015 01:06 PM

[Image: lee-corso1.jpg]

Pirates are going 14-0. Winning the Access Bowl and the American Championship. COGS COGS COGS

RE: The 2015 Homer Football Projection - Bull - 04-14-2015 01:30 PM

USF 8-4? Did the op actually say that???? You do know that our 'starting' quarterback just left right? Man I hope you are right about Flowers, but I have to see to believe... because what I saw last fall was not gonna get us 8-4. He's a great kid and I hope he's the guy, but I've learned not to pin hopes on spring game data.

RE: The 2015 Homer Football Projection - oasispirate - 04-14-2015 01:40 PM

(04-14-2015 11:30 AM)oliveandblue Wrote:  Tulane is going to have a very poor season. The non-conference slate should render a 2-2 record (which is fine), but the OC is awful and the fanbase is ALREADY fed up with the new look team.

Please beat Duke, so sick of hearing about them here locally 01-lauramac2

They have recruited well of late, but they do lose a lot. WR Jameson Crowder bailed them out quite a bit. Their D is solid, their O is not all that dynamic however.

RE: The 2015 Homer Football Projection - Carolina_Low_Country - 04-14-2015 01:43 PM

Here is the best the conference could tectonically do (teams are switchable of course just doing record wise and assumes each team goes 4-0 in non-conference):

East Carolina 13-0
UCF 11-1
Cinci 10-2
Temple 7-5
South Florida 6-6
UCONN 4-8

Memphis 11-2
Houston 9-3
Navy 9-3
SMU 7-5
Tulane 6-6
Tulsa 4-8

That would give you a team in the Access Bowl (probably in the playoff by strength of schedule) and 6 Top 25 Schools. So there's the goal guys everyone just needs to go 4-0 in non-conference. Then the rest would take care of it self.

RE: The 2015 Homer Football Projection - ECUGrad07 - 04-14-2015 02:42 PM

Would 14-0, with an AAC title, including wins @ Florida, @ BYU, @ UCF, and at home vs Virginia Tech be enough to get ECU in the playoff?

RE: The 2015 Homer Football Projection - Kruciff - 04-14-2015 02:50 PM

(04-14-2015 02:42 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  Would 14-0, with an AAC title, including wins @ Florida, @ BYU, @ UCF, and at home vs Virginia Tech And Cinci be enough to get ECU in the playoff?

In theory, I vote yes, but probably not.

RE: The 2015 Homer Football Projection - pesik - 04-14-2015 02:51 PM

(04-14-2015 02:42 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  Would 14-0, with an AAC title, including wins @ Florida, @ BYU, @ UCF, and at home vs Virginia Tech be enough to get ECU in the playoff?

if everyone else in the AAC went 4-0 in OOC without a question...we'd likely be ranked around 3 or 4th in league power ranking

RE: The 2015 Homer Football Projection - firmbizzle - 04-14-2015 03:32 PM

03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead

RE: The 2015 Homer Football Projection - firmbizzle - 04-14-2015 03:33 PM

(04-14-2015 02:42 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  Would 14-0, with an AAC title, including wins @ Florida, @ BYU, @ UCF, and at home vs Virginia Tech be enough to get ECU in the playoff?

Probably not but if you did it 2 years in a row there might be a small chance. 07-coffee3

RE: The 2015 Homer Football Projection - Carolina_Low_Country - 04-14-2015 03:46 PM

The game is on CBS Sports not ESPN 07-coffee3