CSNbbs
Boone Visit 10/31 Recommendations..... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Boone Visit 10/31 Recommendations..... (/thread-729074.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Boone Visit 10/31 Recommendations..... - WhitetailWizard - 03-03-2015 08:56 AM

Coming up with a small group to Troy vs App and was wondering what area/cabins would "Wow" us with the best scenery (no night life preferred).Trout fishing would also be a great option for us as well.

RE: Boone Visit 10/31 Recommendations..... - NCeagle - 03-03-2015 09:05 AM

we stayed at a cabin a couple years ago that was about 20 minutes away from the stadium, higher up in the mountains. can't remember the name. I'm sure if you Google search it you can find pretty much anything.

RE: Boone Visit 10/31 Recommendations..... - soar#417 - 03-03-2015 09:57 AM

(03-03-2015 08:56 AM)WhitetailWizard Wrote:  Coming up with a small group to Troy vs App and was wondering what area/cabins would "Wow" us with the best scenery (no night life preferred).Trout fishing would also be a great option for us as well.

Don't worry about the nightlife, cause there isn't much of one. However i've stayed in plenty of cabins all around Boone and every single one has had incredible views. You can't really go wrong.

RE: Boone Visit 10/31 Recommendations..... - TheEagleWay - 03-03-2015 10:00 AM

Yep, getting a cabin is the way to go.

RE: Boone Visit 10/31 Recommendations..... - appfan89 - 03-03-2015 10:26 AM

(03-03-2015 08:56 AM)WhitetailWizard Wrote:  Trout fishing would also be a great option for us as well.

I booked a trip with these guys many moons ago.

http://www.appangler.com/

RE: Boone Visit 10/31 Recommendations..... - Saint3333 - 03-03-2015 10:33 AM

http://www.foscoerentals.com/vrmgr/search/webgrouplist.aspx?webcode=all

RE: Boone Visit 10/31 Recommendations..... - DrGonzo - 03-03-2015 10:42 AM

(03-03-2015 09:57 AM)soar#417 Wrote:  Don't worry about the nightlife, cause there isn't much of one.

The dumbest post of the day.

There are 10 or so college bars within walking distance of campus and double that amount of places to get a drink within the same small area. There are also 2 craft breweries (not counting the on-campus brewery).

Boone is home to USA Today's #8 Best College Bar in America.(http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/destinations/2013/08/17/best-college-bars-in-america/2666313/)

I've never been out in Stinkboro, but I'd bet good money that it would fall short of what I was used to in undergrad in Boone.

RE: Boone Visit 10/31 Recommendations..... - APPrising - 03-03-2015 11:14 AM

(03-03-2015 10:42 AM)DrGonzo Wrote:  
(03-03-2015 09:57 AM)soar#417 Wrote:  Don't worry about the nightlife, cause there isn't much of one.

There are 10 or so college bars within walking distance of campus and double that amount of places to get a drink within the same small area. There are also 2 craft breweries (not counting the on-campus brewery).

Boone is home to USA Today's #8 Best College Bar in America.(http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/destinations/2013/08/17/best-college-bars-in-america/2666313/)

I've never been out in Stinkboro, but I'd bet good money that it would fall short of what I was used to in undergrad in Boone.

I'd recommend Boone Trail Motel and Apts to Georgia Southern fans. Everyone else, look for cabins in Foscoe and Valley Crusis. The Gamekeeper restaurant off Shulls Mill Road is a really bad ass upscale restaurant. They have alligator, ostrich, buffalo, and other game meats and their vegetables are all local and organic. My wife and I try to go there everytime we are in town. The Toe River is a good trout fishing spot out past Linville. If you are fishing out that way, you should stop at the Hampton Grist Mill for lunch. Its a barbecue joint with live music, usually local bluegrass musicians. You could also fish Linville River while you are out that way. Good spots for pics and hiking are Wiseman's View, Linville Falls, and Hebron Rock Colony.

Boone Visit 10/31 Recommendations..... - bamaEagle - 03-03-2015 11:25 AM

Didn't realize the Appsters would get their panties in a wad over someone insulting their night life. Can't wait to see them once we ruin their Thirsty Thursday this October.

RE: Boone Visit 10/31 Recommendations..... - NashvilleEagle - 03-03-2015 11:26 AM

(03-03-2015 11:14 AM)APPrising Wrote:  

I'd recommend Boone Trail Motel and Apts to Georgia Southern fans. Everyone else, look for cabins in Foscoe and Valley Crusis. The Gamekeeper restaurant off Shulls Mill Road is a really bad ass upscale restaurant. They have alligator, ostrich, buffalo, and other game meats and their vegetables are all local and organic. My wife and I try to go there everytime we are in town. The Toe River is a good trout fishing spot out past Linville. If you are fishing out that way, you should stop at the Hampton Grist Mill for lunch. Its a barbecue joint with live music, usually local bluegrass musicians. You could also fish Linville River while you are out that way. Good spots for pics and hiking are Wiseman's View, Linville Falls, and Hebron Rock Colony.

Gamekeeper is excellent for dinner

RE: Boone Visit 10/31 Recommendations..... - Loyaleagle - 03-03-2015 11:39 AM

(03-03-2015 08:56 AM)WhitetailWizard Wrote:  Coming up with a small group to Troy vs App and was wondering what area/cabins would "Wow" us with the best scenery (no night life preferred).Trout fishing would also be a great option for us as well.

Lots to choose from. Though a big house rather than a cabin, we plan to stay in the same place in 2015 as we did in 2013, that being the Red Moose Inn in the Yonahlossee resort. 4 bedrooms and 3.5 baths and the requisite great view. About 20 minutes from the center of Boone. As long as nobody in your group minds having numerous mounted animal heads staring at them while in the common areas I highly recommend it.

RE: Boone Visit 10/31 Recommendations..... - soar#417 - 03-03-2015 12:08 PM

No clue i'd cause so much offense. My b. When i went 2 years ago all me and my friends could find were these trailers on the side of the road chock full of freshman, i believe one had like roman columns in front of it but i kid you not these were make shift trailers. I think we were out too late to go to any of the breweries so I'm hoping next time I go up we can get to those venues. I'm sure Boone is a great drinking town but from what I saw we had much more fun just staying in the cabins then driving aimlessly around town trying to find a group of bars.

Also this could be my ignorance of Boone but where in the blazes do you guys park when you're going out? Is there a parking deck anywhere close to these bars you speak of?

RE: Boone Visit 10/31 Recommendations..... - APPrising - 03-03-2015 12:33 PM

(03-03-2015 11:25 AM)bamaEagle Wrote:  Didn't realize the Appsters would get their panties in a wad over someone insulting their night life. Can't wait to see them once we ruin their Thirsty Thursday this October.

I wasn't bothered by the comment. I haven't been out in Boone in a really long time, so I'm not qualified to defend the nightlife. I am going up in 2 months for an alumni golf tournament, so I'll get a chance to check out the current state. Regardless of nightlife, Boone Trail Motel and Apts is the bomb, you should stay there. Only $25 per bed. I know that would take a chunk out of most Georgia Southern fans' life savings, but its worth it.

RE: Boone Visit 10/31 Recommendations..... - APPrising - 03-03-2015 12:38 PM

(03-03-2015 12:08 PM)soar#417 Wrote:  

No clue i'd cause so much offense. My b. When i went 2 years ago all me and my friends could find were these trailers on the side of the road chock full of freshman, i believe one had like roman columns in front of it but i kid you not these were make shift trailers. I think we were out too late to go to any of the breweries so I'm hoping next time I go up we can get to those venues. I'm sure Boone is a great drinking town but from what I saw we had much more fun just staying in the cabins then driving aimlessly around town trying to find a group of bars.

Also this could be my ignorance of Boone but where in the blazes do you guys park when you're going out? Is there a parking deck anywhere close to these bars you speak of?

Haha, Klondike and some greek place, the Parthenon or something like that. Klondike was the only place there when I was in school and it was a Greek hangout with real cheap beers. Allegedly, the previous owner used to give girls free beer tabs for the semester for hooking up with him. The other side of campus has some decent watering holes, and there may still be a few on King Street. I don't blame you for knocking Klondike, though, I enjoyed it when I was in college. Only place I know you can buy $1.00 Busch Lights in a can at a bar.

Parking on King Street or Queen Street is a good option, though Queen Street may be all meter parking.

RE: Boone Visit 10/31 Recommendations..... - DrGonzo - 03-03-2015 12:49 PM

You found tApp Room, K Dike, and P Non. King Street has most of the others. Boone isn't that big. Look harder next time.

RE: Boone Visit 10/31 Recommendations..... - BurlingtonApp - 03-03-2015 12:50 PM

Klondike and Parthenon are both pretty awful in the traditional sense, but they have their charm. And if you take one look at the Trailer Park, you probably wouldn't go. However, you'd be missing out on TApp Room, which is excellent. As Gonzo said, USA Today named it the #8 college bar in the country.

As far as places to stay out of town a bit, we often rent a cabin in Seven Devil Hills from Foscoe Rentals. Great condos, log cabins, and homes right by skiing, fly fishing, a lake, and Hawk's Nest Tubing and Zip Lining.

RE: Boone Visit 10/31 Recommendations..... - soar#417 - 03-03-2015 01:08 PM

(03-03-2015 12:50 PM)BurlingtonApp Wrote:  Klondike and Parthenon are both pretty awful in the traditional sense, but they have their charm. And if you take one look at the Trailer Park, you probably wouldn't go. However, you'd be missing out on TApp Room, which is excellent. As Gonzo said, USA Today named it the #8 college bar in the country.

As far as places to stay out of town a bit, we often rent a cabin in Seven Devil Hills from Foscoe Rentals. Great condos, log cabins, and homes right by skiing, fly fishing, a lake, and Hawk's Nest Tubing and Zip Lining.

I think Tapp room was the only reason why we were there and I believe the line was too long for us so we went to the others. Would love to make it into Tapp next time, I hear good things

RE: Boone Visit 10/31 Recommendations..... - soar#417 - 03-03-2015 01:09 PM

(03-03-2015 12:49 PM)DrGonzo Wrote:  You found tApp Room, K Dike, and P Non. King Street has most of the others. Boone isn't that big. Look harder next time.

Will do, Boone is pretty big when you don't know your way around. Also I believe we were cabbing it cause we didn't know where to park and the only place we had been told to go was that Tapp room place. Next time i'll make sure to go to King

Boone Visit 10/31 Recommendations..... - bamaEagle - 03-03-2015 01:14 PM

(03-03-2015 12:33 PM)APPrising Wrote:  
(03-03-2015 11:25 AM)bamaEagle Wrote:  Didn't realize the Appsters would get their panties in a wad over someone insulting their night life. Can't wait to see them once we ruin their Thirsty Thursday this October.

I wasn't bothered by the comment. I haven't been out in Boone in a really long time, so I'm not qualified to defend the nightlife. I am going up in 2 months for an alumni golf tournament, so I'll get a chance to check out the current state. Regardless of nightlife, Boone Trail Motel and Apts is the bomb, you should stay there. Only $25 per bed. I know that would take a chunk out of most Georgia Southern fans' life savings, but its worth it.

That is quite the deal. I spend so much more than that when I stay in Statesboro. Are there buck-toothed hillbilly women there as hostesses too?

RE: Boone Visit 10/31 Recommendations..... - ASUMountaineer - 03-03-2015 01:15 PM

(03-03-2015 11:14 AM)APPrising Wrote:  

^^^THIS!